Advice suggested for reentering Thailand

Hi,

I am 30 years old from the Uk and have been on an stv visa for the past 9 months.I also have multiple long term entries to Thailand over a 5 or 6 year period. I have just  left Thailand but plan to come back next month. I am currently back in the Uk. I need to come back to see my girlfriend.

I reliase my chances of successfully entering again are uncertain considering I’ve been in Thailand for 9 months straight. So it doesn’t look great coming back so soon after staying for 9 straight months.

The problem is the visa options for my age group are very limited.

Im not even sure if I will be applying for a tourist visa for next month or an stv visa as don’t know if the stv visa will be continued.

Im concerned immigration will think I’ve too many visas and too short a time frame to let me in again so soon.

Is there any advice anyone can give to maximize my entry success. 

would I have a better chance of entry by flying to another Asian country 1st then attempting to enter via the Nong Khai land border? Or perhaps there is another airport instead of Bangkok who don’t worry about someone with a long visa history.

A new passport could possibly help also but not sure as all my entries will be in the system anyway so not sure if it’s worthwhile getting a clean passport.

Any advise is appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bear9 said:

Is there any advice anyone can give to maximize my entry success.

Spend some time out of Thailand.

You are correct there are not many options for a 30 year old to live in Thailand.

Visa option is pretty much down to elite visa. 

Marriage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Spend some time out of Thailand.

You are correct there are not many options for a 30 year old to live in Thailand.

Visa option is pretty much down to elite visa. 

Marriage.

Usually i do spend time outside of Thailand to give myself more chance of getting in. However on this occasion circumstances I don’t want to get into here dictate I need to go back next month.

So I’m wondering which Thailand entry point offers the best chance of success. The Nong khai land border perhaps?

24 minutes ago, bear9 said:

Usually i do spend time outside of Thailand to give myself more chance of getting in. However on this occasion circumstances I don’t want to get into here dictate I need to go back next month.

So I’m wondering which Thailand entry point offers the best chance of success. The Nong khai land border perhaps?

Seems you are trying to fit square peg in round hole.

There are various plans to try are maximize your chances however ultimately will be refused entry.

You are flying from UK so personally I would fly to somewhere like Saigon.

UK folk get 15 days visa exempt for Vietnam.

You could (maybe) obtain tourist visa at Saigon Thai consulate.

Best to fly to CNX (CM) with that tourist visa.

The reason being if you fly UK to Bangkok and are refused you would fly back to UK. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems you are trying to fit square peg in round hole.

There are various plans to try are maximize your chances however ultimately will be refused entry.

You are flying from UK so personally I would fly to somewhere like Saigon.

UK folk get 15 days visa exempt for Vietnam.

You could (maybe) obtain tourist visa at Saigon Thai consulate.

Best to fly to CNX (CM) with that tourist visa.

The reason being if you fly UK to Bangkok and are refused you would fly back to UK. 

Regarding the visa I will apply for the visa from the Thai embassy London on the evisa website I think that will be more convenient than going to another embassy in Asia.

Yes that’s what I was thinking starting of in Saigon. Then I could either do the Saigon to chiang Mai flight as you suggested. Or alternatively perhaps I could fly from Saigon to Vientiane then cross at the Nong khai land border.

Just not sure which 1 offers better chance of success the Chiangmai route or the Nong Khai land border route.

Yes that was also in my thoughts aswell if I got denied for too many visas I would rather be sent to another neighboring Asian country nearby than to be sent back to Uk. So I guess flying to another Asian country helps with this.

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Rather than flying to Thailand, fly to somewhere like Kuala Lumpur, and enter Thailand by land. Obviously, this involves a cost penalty, but you ask how to eliminate risk. This is the best way to do it.

Thanks Tim yes I believe the Malaysia or Nong khai land border is my best option.

Ive never done the Malaysia land border before only the Nong khai

Edited by bear9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bear9 said:

Ive never done the Malaysia land border before only the Nong khai

You can take a bus from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai (Thailand) and fly from there to anywhere in Thailand. Vientiane to Udon and flying from there is easier in isolation, but it is difficult to find good connections to fly direct to Vientiane, and (when you do find suitable flights) you will probably find them expensive. In the end, I would suggest you check out both options, and decide accordingly based on cost and convenience.

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Get an education visa and study Thai or another language for a year, or Muay Thai

Have considered these visas before. The main issue with this visa for me is that I will have to go back to the Uk after 3 months due to personal reasons. Then when you leave Thailand after 3 months the education visa then becomes void. So is only worth it if you know you are staying for at least 6 months to 1 year.

3 hours ago, bear9 said:

Then when you leave Thailand after 3 months the education visa then becomes void.

Doesn't getting a re-entry permit before you leave allow you to return and continue?

Edited by bbi1

I believe you have less to worry about than many others because you had visa and been granted longer stay, and now been out a month or more. Maybe better to enter from a closer port, be it land or air, I would choose air above land. 

Good luck

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Doesn't getting a re-entry permit before you leave allow you to return and continue?

Technically yes. However I talked to an agent a number of months back about this and he said it’s not advisable as technically your supposed to be studying not traveling. So he advised against it.