78-year-old foreigner seriously injured after paragliding fall in Rawai

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Rawai – A 78-year-old foreigner has sustained serious injuries after a paragliding fall at a viewpoint in Rawai.

Emergency responders were notified of the incident at the Khao Dang View Point, also known as the Windmill Viewpoint, near Naiharn Beach in the Rawai sub-district in the late afternoon (September 19th).

The Rawai Municipality rescue team told local media that there was a strong wind when the 78-year-old foreigner fell with his paragliding equipment. He had broken his right arm and injured his right leg and hip. He was taken to a nearby hospital for urgent medical assistance.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/09/20/78-year-old-foreigner-seriously-injured-after-paragliding-fall-in-rawai/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-09-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, sead said:

Are you fk joking me. The guy who let him on needs to be charged

Let him on what? Doesn't say anyone or any company let him on. I take it you mean on the paraglider?

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, grain said:

A bit long in the tooth for that "man of action" sort of stuff at age 78. I hope for his sake he recovers ok from his injuries and is not bedridden or wheelchair bound from now on.

Don't talk deleted 

If he had years and years of experience, and was a highly talented glider, nothing wrong with that at his age. Anything short of that and the risk is high. I am quite a bit younger than him, and I weigh the risks of certain activities these days, against a potential injury and handicap. Just one reason I gave up snow skiing. 

Edited by spidermike007

I admire this gentleman. Tried hanggliding once then the vertigo kicked in. Motorbiked across Europe as well as Esarn but that was when i was single. Those days have passed.

All i have left is a two seater sports car. Sad. 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The Rawai Municipality rescue team told local media that there was a strong wind when the 78-year-old foreigner fell with his paragliding equipment

Yeh paraglide in predictable strong winds this time of year, or maybe the strong wind was just him shating himself.