Putin's NUCLEAR threat to the West: Vladimir warns Ukraine's allies he will use 'weapons of destruction',

Rimmer

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

i thought the threat was against Ukraine and the country isn’t in nato.

I’m not sure any country will launch retaliatory strikes if putin uses nuclear weapons in Ukraine. 

And to be honest, I believe they shouldn’t. 

If the unthinkable happens, I’m sorry but I can’t see MAD as the way to go. 

Actually the threat was against NATO countries not Ukraine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

No of course not,that is the worst scenario possible but the West can not afford to let him use Nuclear bombs.

He has gotten away with way too much,Crimea was the writing on the wall and he did get away with that one and his plans reach further then that.

I agree that putin has blood on his hands and is guilty of war crimes. However still cannot see any way that any country could launch nuclear missiles into Russia. The consequences of such action could be world wide Armageddon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

I would imagine that most of the western world who have nuclear capability have a bucket load of missiles aiming at various Russian targets and numerous deterrents to counter any counter strike  in the event  the despot goes completely unhinged.

The western world does have such capability but I cannot see them using them over Ukraine. The consequences would be catastrophic on a world wide scale. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Then the west MUST respond in some way.

I disagree. I'm not defending putin or advocating he be allowed to escape the consequences of such an action, but I cannot comprehend how a retaliatory strike will lead to anything but world wide Armageddon. 

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Which is why I think he's bluffing. He doesn't want to actually go there

I hope you are right.

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But it could easily backfire and then the world will be truly screwed.

That is what I fear.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If he attacks a western country I have no doubt that retaliation would follow and then we will all be <deleted>. 

He won't at first. His first move would be a tactical nuke in Ukraine or chemical.

Edited by Jingthing

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He won't at first. His first move would be a tactical nuke in Ukraine or chemical.

Chemical, conceivably. But even a 'small' tactical nuke is anything but small nowadays. It wouldn't help his objectives one bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

i hope so 

As a Ukrainian Canadian I can tell you I have no use for any Russian!

nobody I have talked to in Canada, USA, Australia has any use for ANY Russian!

even the mental midget of Moscow wouldn’t be so stupid as to pull any <deleted> that he is threatening, nato will respond in a devastating manner!

russias military capabilities have already been drastically reduced, it’s been humiliating the way their military has performed!

hopefully he gets neutralized by his own people before he sends more to their deaths.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As Walker says, he’s full of it. It’s the only thing he can do—talk tat—to save face. He launches and his life and country are finished…. from his point of view, where’s the plus in that? Using ‘mere’ tactical nukes in Ukraine is not a thing; it’d kick it all off. He is bluffing, likely didn’t enjoy what Xi had to say, wants to grab what he can in Ukraine, negotiate a ceasefire and then declare his ‘Special Military Operation’ a success, With Zelensky saying they would not give up an inch of land, the fresh threat of nuke action and potentially hundreds of thousands more soldiers headed his way, he might just agree. 

3 hours ago, Northstar1 said:

As a Ukrainian Canadian I can tell you I have no use for any Russian!

nobody I have talked to in Canada, USA, Australia has any use for ANY Russian!

even the mental midget of Moscow wouldn’t be so stupid as to pull any <deleted> that he is threatening, nato will respond in a devastating manner!

russias military capabilities have already been drastically reduced, it’s been humiliating the way their military has performed!

hopefully he gets neutralized by his own people before he sends more to their deaths.

Understand the anger and passion but one can’t blame every Russian for actions of one nutter. Many are against this and if Navalny had his way Putin would be dog-meat and Russia a force for good. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

As Walker says, he’s full of it. It’s the only thing he can do—talk tat—to save face. He launches and his life and country are finished…. from his point of view, where’s the plus in that? Using ‘mere’ tactical nukes in Ukraine is not a thing; it’d kick it all off. He is bluffing, likely didn’t enjoy what Xi had to say, wants to grab what he can in Ukraine, negotiate a ceasefire and then declare his ‘Special Military Operation’ a success, With Zelensky saying they would not give up an inch of land, the fresh threat of nuke action and potentially hundreds of thousands more soldiers headed his way, he might just agree. 

We can't really know what Putin is exactly thinking but it is documented that he is obsessed with what happens to toppled dictators like Gaddafi. He's fighting not only for his own political power survival and legacy but also for his own life. How much does he really case beyond his own life which indeed is probably over if he is forced to give up power? We can't know and there is a big danger there. If he doesn't care at all, what's it to him if he blows up the world?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jvs said:

Not necessarily on Ukrains behalf but if he dares to attack any NATO member they will have to retaliate and with overwhelming force i would think.

Lets hope it will not go that far,it will mean the end of life as we know it.

Which is probably the reason there has been no official mention that NATO getting directly involved is even possible.

While I have not heard of any such, I have no doubt that any such threat would be breaking news.

• Like 1