Putin's NUCLEAR threat to the West: Vladimir warns Ukraine's allies he will use 'weapons of destruction',

Rimmer

image.jpeg.a6db1ebc4e525330f50d10439117b7db.jpg

Vladimir Putin today issued a chilling threat to use nuclear weapons against the West over Ukraine, warning world leaders: 'I'm not bluffing'. 

The desperate despot gave an address to the nation in which he announced a partial military mobilisation  - a first in Russia since the Second World War - and referendums in occupied areas of Ukraine to make them part of Russia itself.

Putin then vowed to use 'all means' to defend the 'new territories', adding: 'I'm not bluffing... Those trying to blackmail us with nuclear weapons should know that the tables can turn on them.'

The move puts him on a collision course with Kyiv and its Western allies who have already said attacks to liberate areas under Russian control will not stop, and the results of any 'sham' referendums will not be recognised. 

Full story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11233965/Ukraine-war-Putin-announces-partial-military-mobilisation-Russia.html

Mail.jpg.d4bb468585a477e7f191ac916608d426.jpg

-- © Copyright  Daily Mail 2022-09-21

• Like 1

President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday ordered Russia's first mobilisation since World War Two, warning the West that if it continued what he called its "nuclear blackmail" that Moscow would respond with the might of all its vast arsenal.

"If the territorial integrity of our country is threatened, we will use all available means to protect our people - this is not a bluff," Putin said in a televised address to the nation, adding Russia had "lots of weapons to reply".

REUTERS

2022-09-21

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Now widely reported. This from AP / Yahoo:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-announces-partial-mobilization-russians-061436353.html

Clearly Putin has painted himself into a corner which is what makes him dangerous. 

However . even partial military call up will really set alarm bells ringing in the Russian population which so far has managed to carry on almost as normal despite what is happening in Ukraine.

The world best hope is that powerful people just outside his inner circle will decide that enough is enough and remove him from office before he gets a lot of people killed .

Putin can be impeached. Hope and pray. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jvs said:

Not necessarily on Ukrains behalf but if he dares to attack any NATO member they will have to retaliate and with overwhelming force i would think.

Lets hope it will not go that far,it will mean the end of life as we know it.

i thought the threat was against Ukraine and the country isn’t in nato.

I’m not sure any country will launch retaliatory strikes if putin uses nuclear weapons in Ukraine. 

And to be honest, I believe they shouldn’t. 

If the unthinkable happens, I’m sorry but I can’t see MAD as the way to go. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Even worse people than Putin, if you can imagine that, are waiting behind the scenes. No, the problem is the countries that have aligned themselves with and become enablers of Putin. China and India, namely. And of course the gamesmanship Erdogan is playing in Turkey. The door is slamming on China because of their plotting. The same, however, has not been applied to India. It should be. India is a Russian lackey. (And, btw, in the biggest absurdity of all, futures are green across the board, nasdaq, Dow, S&P.)

Right. China will not condone the use of nuclear weapons. Too much chaos. China is in great part a planned economy and society. Planners hate chaos. On top of it, It's not good for business.

India has strong links to Russia but trade with Russia is neglectible. The main economic partners are NATO countries, with USA ranked first. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

i thought the threat was against Ukraine and the country isn’t in nato.

My thought was Putin is indirectly threatening the countries supporting

The Ukraine.

He did this before of course and it remains to be seen if his words will have the desired effect.He is running out of everything and now he can no longer tell the Russians he is still winning this special operation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

And who exactly do you expect to launch nuclear missiles into Russia?

Ukraine doesn’t have any. 

I would imagine that most of the western world who have nuclear capability have a bucket load of missiles aiming at various Russian targets and numerous deterrents to counter any counter strike  in the event  the despot goes completely unhinged.

• Like 2