Putin's NUCLEAR threat to the West: Vladimir warns Ukraine's allies he will use 'weapons of destruction',

Rimmer

Putin's NUCLEAR threat to the West: Vladimir warns Ukraine's allies he will use 'weapons of destruction',

Bit like taking a shotgun to a spider as you failed to kill it by stepping on it with your boot ? Guy is mentally insane, seriously needs taking out, he's starting to make Kim look less mad

Edited by Scott

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

We can't really know what Putin is exactly thinking but it is documented that he is obsessed with what happens to toppled dictators like Gaddafi. He's fighting not only for his own political power survival and legacy but also for his own life. How much does he really case beyond his own life which indeed is probably over if he is forced to give up power? We can't know and there is a big danger there. If he doesn't care at all, what's it to him if he blows up the world?

All eyes are on Russia but my eyes are on China,. Putin must be removed and the war against Ukraine must be stopped. The Russian people need to do this and do it now.

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

russia can't properly equip the troops currently in the warzone. Where is the materiel going to come from for these additional 100000?

Reserves are really only any use if they have had regular training to keep them current. If not all you have are a lot of untrained, unfit, uninterested and unwilling blokes, with some memories of their times as conscripts 10 years or more ago.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Reserves are really only any use if they have had regular training to keep them current. If not all you have are a lot of untrained, unfit, uninterested and unwilling blokes, with some memories of their times as conscripts 10 years or more ago.

cannon fodder comes to mind .....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Then if he does that we are all <deleted>. 

The value of tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine on the battlefield is limited, and would only stiffen the resolve of Ukrainians and the West both. IMO it's another empty threat from Putin.

He's losing, and he knows it, whatever he may say to the Russian people. The sellout of airline tickets to anywhere out of Russia, and the lines of cars trying to get into Finland, are proof many Russians no longer believe him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

All eyes are on Russia but my eyes are on China,. Putin must be removed and the war against Ukraine must be stopped. The Russian people need to do this and do it now.

Why are your eyes on China?Xi will not be trying to invade Taiwan,it would be much easier to go in the back door and take ancient Chinese land back from Russia that was taken long ago.That would also provide a lot of coastal area good for trade and a lot of oil and other minerals.

Xi can not have it all of course but the Chinese are very smart and they can (and will) take over the world just by using economic power. It is just a matter of time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jvs said:

Why are your eyes on China?Xi will not be trying to invade Taiwan,it would be much easier to go in the back door and take ancient Chinese land back from Russia that was taken long ago.That would also provide a lot of coastal area good for trade and a lot of oil and other minerals.

Xi can not have it all of course but the Chinese are very smart and they can (and will) take over the world just by using economic power. It is just a matter of time.

Most of us won't be around to see it happen, and you may be right. Unless America pulls it's head out of it's butt and stops the destruction of it's own country.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

By who? Which country or countries will launch a nuclear attack on Ukraine’s behalf?

Or perhaps we can all believe that the other countries who have nukes will all just sit there and say 'never mind'.

Seems to me there would be a very quick solid reaction from several countries if Putin did send a nuke.  I can't belive there would be no reaction.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

We can't really know what Putin is exactly thinking but it is documented that he is obsessed with what happens to toppled dictators like Gaddafi. He's fighting not only for his own political power survival and legacy but also for his own life. How much does he really case beyond his own life which indeed is probably over if he is forced to give up power? We can't know and there is a big danger there. If he doesn't care at all, what's it to him if he blows up the world?

Along with his own life, he cares most about the ‘glory’ of empire. I guess if he can’t get that back and loses power and face (which he will eventually through this incompetence), then yes he probably wouldn’t care less if everything was destroyed. Him and his entire inner-circle band of thugs need removing and replacing with a Navalny type. 

49 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Or perhaps we can all believe that the other countries who have nukes will all just sit there and say 'never mind'.

Seems to me there would be a very quick solid reaction from several countries if Putin did send a nuke.  I can't belive there would be no reaction.

I just can’t see how sending nuclear missiles into Russia will lead to anything but MAD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

The value of tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine on the battlefield is limited, and would only stiffen the resolve of Ukrainians and the West both. IMO it's another empty threat from Putin.

He's losing, and he knows it, whatever he may say to the Russian people. The sellout of airline tickets to anywhere out of Russia, and the lines of cars trying to get into Finland, are proof many Russians no longer believe him.

I hope you are right on it being an empty threat. 

• Like 1

What would be the response to tactical nukes in Ukraine? Some have suggested NATO would respond with an large scale attack with conventional missiles on multiple locations in Russia identified as launch pads or otherwise connected with tactical nukes. That probably brings NATO into the Ukraine conflict and they would probably start by establishing air superiority.

Non-tactical nuclear strikes on NATO members, I assume,  would be countered with nuclear strikes on Russia with a view to ending things as quickly as possible.

Putin always mentions the UK as a target due to its support for Ukraine and its vulnerability to massive missile attacks from Russia with and without nuclear warheads. The Uk decommissioned its AWAC fleet to save money and has to rely on the US for that. Otherwise it’s defended by a small number of Typhoons in scattered squadrons in the few remaining RAF bases that have been spared sale to developers of Wimpey boxes. There are a few land to air systems but all would be quickly overwhelmed by a massive Russian attack without a lot of American airforce assistance. Presumably the USAAF bases in the UK would mobilize pretty quick as they would be obvious targets.

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I just can’t see how sending nuclear missiles into Russia will lead to anything but MAD. 

I can understand your sentiment but in case Putin does go nuclear

what options are there for the rest of the world?

Sit back and hope he only uses a few of them?

You can not deal with people like him in a rational way,he only understands one thing,real power!

What do you suggest ?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Biden’s response in his speech at the UN was excellent.

We are lucky to have Biden as President in this crisis rather than the previous one. Just imagine if miltary aids were held back for political leverage, Ukraine will be part of Russia months back. 

• Like 1

It'll sadly and tragically be a long and bloody war as all wars are.

The world should arm Ukraine to the teeth.

I'd like to see a quasi anti-fascist ala Spanish Civil War of 1936 militia formed from across the globe to go and drive the Russians back behind their own borders. 

I hope as the Ukrainians are speaking out about; They drive all those Russians who invaded with arms from their soil and ultimately this includes the Crimea as well.

If someone came to my country like Putin has done 'over there' I would fight and die, if need be, to drive them out.

Why should I expect Ukraine to settle for anything less than what I hold so precious and sacred and a human right for all of us and would die for; their full autonomous freedom?

• Like 2

If Putin is rational, he would have to think that, apart from any potential retaliation from NATO, the use of tactical nukes would make it a lot more difficult to get continued support from China, India, Brazil, South Africa etc as they  will start to fear NATO sanctions themselves.

But, if he is terminally ill, he might choose to let everyone go with him in a big puff of smoke, rather than lose face.

3 minutes ago, jvs said:

You can not deal with people like him in a rational way,he only understands one thing,real power!

What do you suggest ?

What do I suggest?

Not bringing about world wide Armageddon would be first. 

Putin is unhinged and annihilating Russians who did not start the war or do not support it is not my solution.

Even those who may believe putin’s lies and rationalisations are living in a police state where their access to all the facts are strictly controlled and I would not advocate their obliteration either. Nuclear missiles do not discriminate between innocent and guilty. 

There is only one person who really needs removing and that is putin. Others no doubt have supported him and benefited from his despotic rule but it is putin who decided upon the Ukraine invasion and he has to pay the price for that.

Perhaps it should be made clear that his removal, terminal or otherwise, would lead to a quicker normalisation of the diplomatic status. After a withdrawal from Ukraine that is. 

Perhaps it already has…perhaps there is a drone somewhere with his name on it. 

All the above I have said may just be bs, unrealistic and not stop putin, but I just cannot see how MAD makes the world a better place. 

13 minutes ago, jvs said:

What do you suggest ?

I think it would have to be like Hiroshima and Nagasaki. A big enough nuclear response to make the surviving Russians want to give up.