Lazada Sellers at it Again.

NoshowJones

I tried an experiment with Lazada. I wanted one tin of spam 340gr at 188Bt. They had 4 tins packaged together in a picture at 188Bt. I decided to try and catch the seller out and clicked on the picture of 4.

As I expected, only the one came. There are a few individual tins of spam for sale at different prices, one of which is priced at 188Bt. 

That is the one pictured in a pack of 4 which is also priced at 188Bt.

• Haha 1

Yes I Found this problem but it does have details saying what's in packet or what you get

. But probably in Thai so have to use Google translate. Then okay.  The problem I having is spelling.on an item like Samsung. But it says sumsung... But items with same picture For both spellings. 

5 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Yes I Found this problem but it does have details saying what's in packet or what you get

. But probably in Thai so have to use Google translate. Then okay.  The problem I having is spelling.on an item like Samsung. But it says sumsung... But items with same picture For both spellings. 

If it says 'Sumsung' I'm sure you will get a genuine Sumsung and not something from that upstart Samsung company , whoever they are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

So if you saw a huge stack of bzked beans in a supermarket display and a price of 80p you would expect to buy the whole display for 80p ?

Its a display promo image the details would have said what you are receiving, you also know the average price of the product and would know there is no way you were getting 4 for that price.

Cmon possum, lets be realistic here ????

I did know I was only getting one tin Charlie. I already pointed that out, I got it wrong, but it did look to me like they wanted people to think that they were getting a special offer. Small print again maybe ????

Just had my 2nd negative experience, sort of, as can still refund since a LAZMALL vendor.  This after 100s of orders with LAZ.

Ordered 4 fake CCTV cams, all of ฿160 each, and 1 arrived broken.  Fixable, so I chatted with vendor, asked if keep & fix (need auth before I do) or any compensation.

They offered for me to 'keep it' & $3 USD (cost $4.32) pay back to PayPal, or return for full refund.  I actually want them, and should be an easy fix with a bit of hot glue.

Good deal for them, they don't pay for return shipping & full refund price.  Ok for me, I keep, and get a couple beers for my trouble.

1-2-3-4 days, no activity in PP.  Msgs said coming, then I'm blocked from contacting.  Don't think they realize I still have a couple days to return.  So guessing trying to stall till 7 day policy expires ... pretty sad.

Also, I think the broken unit was a returned product, resent out.  As the other 3 units, did not have the solar panel connected to the battery bay, and the broken one did ... hmm ... somebody connected it, and I don't think it was the factory.

16 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I did know I was only getting one tin Charlie. I already pointed that out, I got it wrong, but it did look to me like they wanted people to think that they were getting a special offer. Small print again maybe ????

It seems there are plenty of unscrupulous sellers on Lazada and Shopee who’s sole aim is to pull one over on the customer.... 

With all the quarantining I was doing over the last couple of years I was sick of using a plastic knife and fork... so I wanted a ‘neat travel set’ (fork, knife, spoon in a holder)... Lazada has just that, plenty of them... I chose one, the miniature set that arrived was suitable for the hands of a 4 year old !! 

The Lazada posting was deliberately misleading.... 

I now call this ‘pseudo bait & switch’ the ‘mini-chair-scam’ after this....  Where sellers advertise a ‘chair’ it looks good, price is decent... chair arrives and its a 'dolls-chair’...  no where in the add was there any presentation of scale or indication that it was a miniature chair. 

There are lots of genuine shops these websites, but sadly there are so very many scam artists too... 

It’s a PITA filtering out the wheat from the chaff... 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It seems there are plenty of unscrupulous sellers on Lazada and Shopee who’s sole aim is to pull one over on the customer.... 

With all the quarantining I was doing over the last couple of years I was sick of using a plastic knife and fork... so I wanted a ‘neat travel set’ (fork, knife, spoon in a holder)... Lazada has just that, plenty of them... I chose one, the miniature set that arrived was suitable for the hands of a 4 year old !! 

The Lazada posting was deliberately misleading.... 

I now call this ‘pseudo bait & switch’ the ‘mini-chair-scam’ after this....  Where sellers advertise a ‘chair’ it looks good, price is decent... chair arrives and its a 'dolls-chair’...  no where in the add was there any presentation of scale or indication that it was a miniature chair. 

There are lots of genuine shops these websites, but sadly there are so very many scam artists too... 

It’s a PITA filtering out the wheat from the chaff... 

I've had great luck, though pretty good a sorting through the slime marketing.  Just a couple negatives for all vendors, actually good considering the amount of orders I've placed.

Now, on LAZ, it's only order from 'flagship or LAZMall' vendors.  They refund as soon as the product is scanned at pick up.  Then of course, since most COD, transfer to BkkBank account.

All good, but yes, got to the not so "fine print "