47-year-old man killed after his pickup truck crashes and overturns in Chonburi

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Phan Thong district, Chonburi — A 47-year-old man was killed after his pickup truck crashed and overturned while reportedly trying to overtake another truck.

Phan Thong police and rescue services rushed to Soi 3 in the Nong Tamlueng subdistrict of Phan Thong district in Chonburi after being notified of a man who was killed in a car accident Thursday, September 22nd.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/23/47-year-old-man-killed-after-his-pickup-truck-crashes-and-overturns-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, stoner said:

most thai don't have the critical thinking skills needed to correctly operate a motor vehicle. 

think twice.

sincerely

phil collins

Slow at taking off from traffic lights even when it is very clear that there is no traffic. Very slow at coming to a stop at red lights, I have my theories why this is the case.

• Like 2

It looks like the roof of the vehicle just caved in a little too much.  Had the steel been a bit sturdier, he might yet be alive. 

From the photo, I wonder if he pulled back into his lane too quickly and ended up with a wheel off the road edge, which then dragged on the left side, tripping the vehicle which still had plenty of forward momentum.  No sign of damage to the wall visible in the photo, so he doesn't seem to have gotten clear off the road.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I read the link before I made any comment, the road was dry, all I said was the roads look dry but they are sly, then you chimed in, what point are you trying to make ? ? 

The fact that the deceased was apparently racing and tried unsuccessfully to overtake. That was the cause of the accident and had nothing to do with the condition of the road.

14 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

Slow at taking off from traffic lights even when it is very clear that there is no traffic. Very slow at coming to a stop at red lights, I have my theories why this is the case.

It is one of the differences here one has to lean.... don't take off as soon as the lights go green.... some ruddy great truck or cement mixer will be running the red from the other direction. I like to think they are just finishing up sending instant messages, or a look at me Facebook post before setting off. 

• Like 1