Its Official: west is boring

Sparktrader

I feel your pain. I have just worked through a long cold winter and need some Thai fun. Did have one trip but seems like an age away. The girlfriend is working but said out of the blue yesterday she'd like to come here before our 3 year visa runs out in early October - but air fares are sold out or prohibitively expensive i.e. $3000 one way with multiple stops. So I might go there in mid October - still expensive but not too bad. Good accommodation deals here and there.

Not much to do here - probably my lack of imagination - same drinks with friends and talk about the usual things. 

17 minutes ago, Denim said:

Tell me about it. Going stir crazy here. Worst rainy season I can ever remember. Relentless. Got an unplanned swimming pool in the back garden and lawn totally ruined. Mouth of our soi now has a fast flowing river across it as water runs off the nearby ridge. Even as I type this coming down in buckets. Dogs covered in mud and have spread that around the front balcony. At least the humidity means wife is going around the house in her undies all day but even that gets boring after a while.

I had good weather

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Thats her

Well spotted ! ( Pun intended )

Still pooring down outside and now a power out so using my phone. Looks like could be a long one. Got solar lighting indoors so not sitting in darkness but wont power the air con.  

Rather be hiking around the Isle of Wight coastal path right now. Bit early to hit the Lao Khao.

It's official. The road to Bangkok ( 21 ) has been closed because the road is badly flooded. Still no power here.

Just dropped wife off for her folk dance practice ( 15 of them in her folk dance troupe , all over 50 ) and picked up a bottle of hooch for this evening. Had to leave it in the car for now as if brother in law sees me with it he will begin with the hail fellow well met puppy eyes routine. So much for a booze free week. Fail at 1st fence.

I left England to get away from this kind of weather so not a happy bunny.

• Haha 1