Myanmar beauty queen granted asylum in Canada

webfact

4 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Good to see Canada do this, BUT it might have meant more if one of the ASEAN nations had done this first!

The collective ASEAN countries talk so much about how great they can be together (and in theory they can be), but with the various junta gov's in ASEAN they get little done.

Compare the cooperation of ASEAN nations with cooperation between EU countries and there is no comparison. Very far from it. ASEAN is nothing more than a name for a collection of nations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, edogthong said:

Decent leadership? That's the first time I've ever heard anyone accuse Justin "Castro Blackface" of being decent. He's a protégé of Klaus Schwab and is spear heading the shift into tyranny in the western world. He froze bank accounts of protesters and even those supporting the protesters! The man (?) is pure evil. 

I've seen a lot of your posts. I am very happy that we have never had the same opinion. 
Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great country Myanmar, as an American I worked there opening restaurants in Yangon in 2012, met and worked with some of the friendliest people in the world. Military was in control for 50 years previously and opened back up in about 2011/12. when I first arrived there  were sand bag piled up with soldiers with AK's, they disappeared after a year or so 2013....... a lot of memories....

Maybe her seeking asylum in Thailand was a misunderstanding. In Thailand there are hummus rights that might have been translated to human rights. 

What surprises me is no known offer from South Korea, Malaysia, Australia, etc. 

I recall that "Ontario's Burmese community called for more action from Canada following Myanmar coup" (2/5/2021). www.cbc.ca/news/Canada/Toronto

6 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Good to see Canada do this, BUT it might have meant more if one of the ASEAN nations had done this first!

The collective ASEAN countries talk so much about how great they can be together (and in theory they can be), but with the various junta gov's in ASEAN they get little done.

<deleted> weak Thailand not standing to the junta in Burma maybe $$$$$$  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olav Seglem said:

Thailand here had a given chance to make a stand, and-one more time- made the wrong one.....

Shame on you, thailand..

Thank God someone has called out Thailand. What a morally perverse country. Unless anyone can explain their position on human rights in this matter further? If the woman has extended family... God help them. The stuff circulating online is not for the faint-hearted. It needs to be seen though by all.

• Like 1

Think many posters are missing the point that Thailand quietly assisted the lady to gain asylum, rather than return her to Myanmar, as their leader requested. 

Good to see some give kudos to Thailand, in contrast to knee jerk Thai bashing. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Donga said:

Think many posters are missing the point that Thailand quietly assisted the lady to gain asylum, rather than return her to Myanmar, as their leader requested. 

Good to see some give kudos to Thailand, in contrast to knee jerk Thai bashing. 

Yes, the people who can read all reached the same conclusion as you..  The automatic bashers made the opposite one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, edogthong said:

Canada under Trudeau is totalitarian. He stopped people from free travel and called them Nazis. He froze their bank accounts for simply protesting. That would not happen in a free, democratic society. 

Nope, no Nazis there, 555

IMG_7086.JPG

????To Canada for granting asylum. 

????To Thailand for not granting asylum, but also allowing her to take refuge from the Myanmar authorities.

????To the US for being able to accommodate 1,800 per day across the southern border to take "refuge" from low wages, but unable to find space for 1 person who's situation meets the textbook definition of asylum.