Non-O Extension Thai Wife, 6th year - feedback from today

2. Had an online appointment booked at 10.30am but the officer would not accepted it showing it on my phone so she made me go downstairs and print it off (5 baht), no logic as it why but I wont argue with them.

Paper, paper, paper.

Thai government officials need paper only.

Forget about phones.

They need everything to be printed out, photocopied, and signed with blue ink.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 5:36 PM, walailak said:

Thank you for your reply, as I have been living here for years and I do understand that things change so fast, I was going to keep the 400k and play it safe by keeping my bank balance above 400K until I get the final stamp,

please let me know, if possible, your experience when you go back in mid Oct to get that final stamp......

@walailak

And today/19 Oct I picked up my 12 month marriage extension stamp at CW at their L2 counter....only took 5 minutes...and they did "not" require me to show/provide a copy of my updated bank passbook like they required for my previous two marriage extension final 12 month stamps

Yea, today the L2 Counter was fast.  When I arrived around 9:30am the main queue counter gave me a low queue number of 7 for the L2 counter.  I walked to the L2 counter, gave them my passport, they said please sit down and wait, about 5 minutes later they called me back to sign the stamp issue/receipt form, and then I was handed my passport stamped with the 12 month extension.  In the two previous years I had to wait 1 to 1.5 hours for L2 to issue the 12 month stamp.  Good to go for another year.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pib said:

@walailak

And today/19 Oct I picked up my 12 month marriage extension stamp at CW at their L2 counter....only took 5 minutes...and they did "not" require me to show/provide a copy of my updated bank passbook like they required for my previous two marriage extension final 12 month stamps

Yea, today the L2 Counter was fast.  When I arrived around 9:30am the main queue counter gave me a low queue number of 7 for the L2 counter.  I walked to the L2 counter, gave them my passport, they said please sit down and wait, about 5 minutes later they called me back to sign the stamp issue/receipt form, and then I was handed my passport stamped with the 12 month extension.  In the two previous years I had to wait 1 to 1.5 hours for L2 to issue the 12 month stamp.  Good to go for another year.

Great thank you for the update, 

It's only 10 days left so I will keep the account as it is, just in case they need it, like they required for my previous 5 marriage extension final 12 month stamps.....

In previous years I also had to wait 1 to 1.5 hours for L2 to issue the 12 month stamp.  Good to hear that it only took 5 minutes for you. 

will let you know my experience on October 31st ????

Edited by walailak

3 minutes ago, walailak said:

Great thank you for the update, 

It's only 10 days left so I will keep the account as it is, just in case they need it, like they required for my previous 5 marriage extension final 12 month stamps.....

Now I did go prepared with an updated passbook with copy just in case they asked, but they didn't ask.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 9:16 AM, Pib said:

Heck, at times the Krungsri branch in the CW immigration building took 1.5 hours to generate my (and others) bank letter when requesting it at 08:30am opening time.

At the Krungsri branch in Central Festival in Phuket, to show 800K in my account (for 3 months) it took them about 15-minutes (albeit that was over kill as for my applying for a Type-O I think I only needed to show the money in the bank on the day I went to immigration).  Krungsri advised me for their branch to show 800k in the bank for a year would take them longer (a bit less than an hour).  Still, it is superior to my experience of Bangkok Bank in Phuket, where to show for one year my Bangkok Bank branch in Phuket have to contact Bangkok, and it can take a few days to a week.

I am in the processing of applying for a Type-O visa (having left Thailand without a re-entry permit to invalidate my Type-OA visa) and I am currently on a Visa Exempt.

Likely I will wait until the 3rd week of November before I post (separately) on whether I succeeded to get the Type-O Visa.  I did successfully complete the Type-O Visa application at immigration a couple of days ago, so I am positive about getting the Visa. ...

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update......

Today 31 Oct I picked up my 12 month marriage extension stamp at CW at their L2 counter....only took 3 minutes...and they didn't require me to show/provide a copy of my updated bank passbook!! 

Counter was fast, arrived around 1.30pm they gave me a queue number of 166, walked to the L2 counter, gave them my passport, they said please sit down and wait, about 3 minutes later they called me back to sign and then I was handed my passport stamped with the 12 month extension. Good to go until 31 October 2023!! 

Easy peazy, not? ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Anybody with recent experience at Samut Prakan immigration? Due to extend my marriage stay. I have two+ years of 40,000 Tbh monthly foreign transfers to show in my bank book. Good to go?

I screwed up and took 5,000 out of the wrong account, bringing it below 400,000 for a week or so in that account. It is ok re: two months on the last day of my current extension.

Do you need an updated koh rohr ,or is the previous one ok? 

Thanks for any guidance.

Edited by Kwaibill
Fat fingers vs phone.

9 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

I would disagree, at least vs US. Medi(we don't)care was bankrupting me with copays, items they don't cover, and refusals ("Your doctor's billing department used the wrong date format. Coverage denied." No joke!)

Six days in government hospital here, all in including MRI, xray, and IV antibiotics for severe gallbladder infection ran about Tbt 13,000, or $350. Pretty darned cheap in my experience.

I think it happens all over. Your just lucky if it's covered. Nothing to brag about really.

28 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Anybody with recent experience at Samut Prakan immigration? Due to extend my marriage stay. I have two+ years of 40,000 Tbh monthly foreign transfers to show in my bank book. Good to go?

That should be accepted if you have a one year bank statement (13 months) that they came from abroad or other proof they are foreign transfers.

You may also need proof of the source of your income. For example a pension statement.

22 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

government hospital

That's why.

In Issan the closest government hospital is definitely lacking and usually hasn't a doctor but a few hours on the weekends.

Many government hospitals aren't going to except Falangs for anything major.

That's been my experience in Issan.  Not including Udon Thani, khon Kaen, etc which have excellent government hospitals.

But nice that your experience was positive.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

That's why.

In Issan the closest government hospital is definitely lacking and usually hasn't a doctor but a few hours on the weekends.

Many government hospitals aren't going to except Falangs for anything major.

That's been my experience in Issan.  Not including Udon Thani, khon Kaen, etc which have excellent government hospitals.

But nice that your experience was positive.

Many provincial hospitals are not equipped to do anything major for any body, not just farangs.

I wound up at Thaksin hospital because the first one did not have the imaging tech neccesary.

Wait times can be long, but I'm retired and have more open time than money.????

Gallbladder, btw, can be excruciating. I thought I was having another heart attack!

Edited by Kwaibill
<deleted> (Fat finger syndrome)
  • Thumbs Up 1