At least 20 people killed in mass shooting in Thailand: Police

webfact

44 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

My wife tried to show me photos of the scene as it broke, I saw one, that was enough, didn't want to see anymore, awful unimaginable horror. My heart goes out to the victims, survivors, friends and families involved. 

Same happened to me. I was at work when it went viral, all the Thai staff were in panic and had photos from social media sent to them. What a terrible and sad day for Thailand. RIP those who should still be alive today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khaowong1 said:

It takes a while to shoot down 32 people, where were the police during this? Then he went home and killed his wife and child.  Were all the police in town at lunch or what?  

he stabbed most of the Toddlers while they were sleeping.

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

Just came back to the forum news after reading about the kidnapped california family that was found dead and then read this. Two much for one day. ????????

RIP to the little ones.

My friend from Ca just called me and told me about the family killed in merced I think. I agree with the too much.

This Creature for want of another word was not drugged up he wouldn't have been able to drive for starters. I live in the North of England not far from the last mass shooting in the UK. A local called Derek Bird shot and killed 12 he was not a junkie or crazy he simply flipped driving around shooting people on the street for no reason no loss of face or drug-induced mindset he just simply flipped like most he topped himself in the end.

• Like 2

I think there is a dark underside to Thailand which many of us don`t see ( or don`t want to acknowledge  ). That`s why I`m careful not to get into disputes with any locals . I live part of the year in Naglang and usually feel fairly safe , although I was surprised to see armed police on duty in the local bank - felt like something out of the Wild West .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A truly horrendous event. Who kills 22 innocent children? What kind of twisted pathology does that require? Notice how the last 2 mass shootings here were a retired cop and a soldier. Two institutions, that do not exactly foster nobility, grace, kindness, goodwill, nor emotional maturity. 

Truly glad this is a rare occurance here, relative to the insane and out of control nation I come from, America. My heart goes out to the families who are going to be devastated by the actions of this God forsaken, heinous freak of nature. 

I just read that the death toll is up to 31. Got this from the BBC. Just in. 

At least 31 people have been killed in a gun and knife attack by a former police officer at a pre-school child daycare centre in Thailand, police say.

A manhunt was launched after the attack in Nong Bua Lamphu province, in the north-east of the country.

Why? Seems he killed himself and his family too. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63155169

time to screen police officers for drug use on a regular basis? Sounds like he had meth induced psychosis after using drugs after his court appearance. A horrible tragedy involving so many innocents.

• Like 1

My deepest condolences to the bereaved and to the entire Thai nation I’m so very very sorry,unfortunately we know are all to familiar with this kind of abomination hopefully you will be spared the added grief of the Alex Jones denial types we have to put up with here in the states .again my deepest condolences and sadness……….

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

This Creature for want of another word was not drugged up he wouldn't have been able to drive for starters.

And yet time after time so many here are driving while on yabba, this guy was sacked for drug use, he would have been driving every day as cop. bus drivers, truck drivers, taxi drivers, and minibus drivers. we only hear about the ones that get caught. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I'm going to have to imagine he was on Meth, because a human can't possible kill this many kids without being on drugs.   I don't want to imagine that world.  

Probably hundreds or even thousands of Thais did Yaa Baa that same day, yet they didn't do mass murder.

Not saying meth is good, but that's not the cause, otherwise there would have been hundreds of mass murders by other Tweekers*

*Meth addicts 

1 hour ago, wealthychef said:

I only hope that Thailand does not start installing metal detectors and armed guards all over the place now.  The only tool that most governments turn to when people cry "do something!" is to lock people up, restrict freedoms, or start a war

What's your solution?  Only hire black belt karate masters to teach nursery school?

The fact is public schools in Thailand are based on the honor system, just like it used to be in America. 

When I went to school, there was no fences around schools, no guards, no metal detectors and the doors probably weren't even locked.

We need to adapt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A truly horrendous event. Who kills 22 innocent children? What kind of twisted pathology does that require? Notice how the last 2 mass shootings here were a retired cop and a soldier. Two institutions, that do not exactly foster nobility, grace, kindness, goodwill, nor emotional maturity. 

They have easy access to guns. 

Don't paint all cops and soldiers with the same tar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, thai006 said:

Thailand is trying to show usa there are the same ??

RIP to all victime  ???? ???? :(:(:(:(:

Nothing to do with the USA, but granted they have a much worse issue with this kind of thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

This Creature for want of another word was not drugged up he wouldn't have been able to drive for starters. I live in the North of England not far from the last mass shooting in the UK. A local called Derek Bird shot and killed 12 he was not a junkie or crazy he simply flipped driving around shooting people on the street for no reason no loss of face or drug-induced mindset he just simply flipped like most he topped himself in the end.

This had nothing to do with drugs, as you say, nothing to do with cops or Thailand. 

It down to mental illness, and happens everywhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This had nothing to do with drugs, as you say, nothing to do with cops or Thailand. 

It down to mental illness, and happens everywhere. 

The difference is Neeranam the people with mental illnesses do not carry guns and deliberately kill toddlers sleeping in a school.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

The difference is Neeranam the people with mental illnesses do not carry guns and deliberately kill toddlers sleeping in a school.

Good point.  Lots of people with mental illness in Thailand didn't murder a bunch of babies.

The common elements are people with easy access to guns.

Of course, there's also the need to harden public schools to help kids survive a knife attack, too.

Remember the guy in China who mass murdered a bunch of school kids a few years ago with a knife?

It's a complex problem full of nuance that's difficult for people who's minds are simple to grasp. ????