At least 20 people killed in mass shooting in Thailand: Police

webfact

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

This shocking story has made me feel physically sick.

My heart goes out to all the victims and their families. 

May the perpetrator rot in the buddhist equivalent of hell.

He will be lucky to come back as a cockroach in the next dozen lives. Karma -1 million.

• Like 1

I'm surprised, but not shocked.  I've been here not yet a decade, and there are a lot of unreported murders here.   Yaba is such a massive problem, and I WAS shocked nobody in Chiang Mai (falang) I talked to (OK, maybe only 10 people) thought drugs was a problem or violence was even a possibility.  We, the falang, WANT to have on rose colored glasses.   I want every day to be no soi dogs, nice people, happy, happy times with everyone super educated and nice and drug free with no thoughts of violence.  But that's not the reality.  

Policeman selling Yaabaa, taking Yaba, killing kids.....stabbing children.  That's a monster.  

On another horrible thought I have:    If it was a falang, I would consider leaving LOS.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Just saw this on the BBC ????.

Shades of the Terminal 21 killing in Korat. A soldier again by all accounts. Shocking. Hopefully he is caught soon. 

Edit ; a policeman not a soldier. 

It was a Former Policeman & He's Now Killed himself & His Wife & Child....

I know a lawyer who lost her husband recently in a car accident a few days ago (my gf's brother wife was also in the car and is still in a coma), and this same woman who just lost her husband has now just lost her son in this horror.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Maybe if each room had an armed guard. It likely would have made little difference. Look at Uvalde. Swat teams waiting outside the school for a hour, while the killer roamed around killing people. Sheer cowardice. Having a gun does not solve everything, nor does it make one brave.

Despite what the NRA claims!  One highly  courageous soul could have ended this with a sharp pencil jammed into his neck. All schools have pencils. 

Thanks for the insights, I will write a letter to my police station and let them know to carry pencils instead of firearms

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Ah,the myth of the 'good guy with the gun'. 

Right because calling everything a myth will solve everything.

Plenty of news reports, stories, videos of people defending themselves with firearms against criminals. Common sense should be enough to understand that having a firearm to defend yourself and others is going to result in a higher probability of survival versus not having one in a massacre like this.

The only ones who will be negatively impacted are the victims. I think if you had a friend or family member at that school, you would think differently. 

Edited by dj230
  • Haha 1

@Ch3Thailandran a 3D-animated re-enactment of today’s Nong Bua Lamphu childcare center shooting. (I won’t link it) That’s a good example how NOT to illustrate it, but unfortunately a standard set by @Thairath_TV, who do that on a nightly basis. Disgusting.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1578007003791732736

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ncc1701d said:

I know a lawyer who lost her husband recently in a car accident a few days ago (my gf's brother wife was also in the car and is still in a coma), and this same woman who just lost her husband has now just lost her son in this horror.

Wow very ???? 

4 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Thai news now saying 32 dead at school. Shooter went home and killed his wife and child. Then shot himself.

It takes a while to shoot down 32 people, where were the police during this? Then he went home and killed his wife and child.  Were all the police in town at lunch or what?  

• Like 1

A post with false information has been reported and removed as well as the replies. 

A post with comments on moderation has been removed.  The post in question was removed as it was too graphic in nature as well as being in violation of fair use policy.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do you live in Thailand? Do you read the almost daily reports of murder, usually involving a man-child offended by his partner leaving him and therefore deserving to die.

You don't have to live in Thailand to read ( bad ) news.  But I live here 1/2 the year. There are 70 million people so yes there are murders duh!  I'm specifically asking ANOTHER poster his percentage of something.  You probably think 10% or more are murderers lol . Most murders EVERYWHERE involve people who know each other. That is a plain fact.  Many are jealous husbands or wives and again all over the world this happens everyday. Not mass murders of course. So you choose to read articles that show up on this forum and elsewhere that seek to get readers for obvious reasons. Sheep 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

My wife tried to show me photos of the scene as it broke, I saw one, that was enough, didn't want to see anymore, awful unimaginable horror. My heart goes out to the victims, survivors, friends and families involved. 

Can't imagine why anyone including your wife would view them. It's very strange and troubling. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Thai media often shows gruesome videos of accidents and carnage on the road. It's kind of normal here actually but this one is crossing the line I think.

It's simply not something you would " share" with a friend or loved one. I agree.