At least 20 people killed in mass shooting in Thailand: Police

webfact

10 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I mean this in the nicest possible way but how do you know he wasn't on drugs? How do you know if someone who takes drugs can or can't drive? . Surely it depends on the individual, type of drug taken and how much was consumed (amongst other things).

Well Chelseafan Yaba or Meth is a Hallucinogenic these drugs make you think you can fly off a building or walk on water because your induced in Hallicinations same as Acid, you certainly won't be able to concentrate driving. Sadly there will be no Psychological explanation why this guy did this he wasn't mentally ill I'm not defending his actions no 1 will know why he did this. People will just say he was high on drugs myself i believe he just had a total thought meltdown and flipped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

You are wrong, Thai people are not fascinated by dead bodies, it is Westerners that have a weird kind of phobia or rule that they are not to be seen. When moving to a new country, it's polite to adapt to the local beliefs and traditions, not criticise it as it is not what you are used to.  In the words of a Christian saint  - 

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Is that why we see dead bodies that have jumped from Condos on Patayya news or other local papers and TV news Neeranam? also thai's have already passed photos from the incident to friends via Line. Most will remember the High Ranking RTP officer who walked into Makro in Udon Thani and shot his wife dead believing she was having an affair at the meat counter in full view of customers and another member in uniform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Do you not believe in Hell, or Karma?

As i think you are Thai does this ex RTP officer deserve to be given a Buddhist funeral and given a blessing from the Monks at a temple? he should just be burned in a field and let his ashes fertilize the soil.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

As i think you are Thai does this ex RTP officer deserve to be given a Buddhist funeral and given a blessing from the Monks at a temple? he should just be burned in a field and let his ashes fertilize the soil.

Personally(nothing to do with my Thai nationality), I believe the soul has already left the body and will be subject to Karmic Laws. 

Those I aspire to be like, ie religious leaders/saints/Prophets, show compassion and forgiveness. While I can't find compassion for this killer, I try to think he was mentally ill and didn't know what he was doing. Mental illness can happen to absolutely anyone.

Child killers/rapists like Myra Hindley and Ian Brady were cremated after a religious ceremony. I do think they were evil rather than ill. This was in a 'Christian country'. I think it was appropriately done, kept quiet, with few people in attendance. 

I think this body should be given a simple ceremony. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

So is LSD, Yabba is a Hallucinogenic drug. 

I've taken both, well Yaa Ma as it was called back in the 90s. 

I've heard of users of Yaba having hallucinations when coming off the drug, but not when on it. 

I know about seeing things when on LSD. 

6 hours ago, tandor said:

RIP...however; where is it written he was drug addicted, or even under the influence? He is not a serving officer; he was dismissed more than a year ago. His bloods will be analysed and the results available in 4-6 weeks.

What we do know is that the killer was compus mentis as the slaughter was premeditated . He went armed with a gun and a knife , shot the lady who was in control of the entrance to the school and then murdered sleeping infants and teachers . Made his escape and drove his pickup to his home to murder his wife , child  and himself .We have see similar atrocities in the western world . Schools are soft targets . More stringent entry security may be the answer . I cannot begin to imagine the degree of suffering the parents and families , of those who were murdered , must feel right now .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RIP to all that lost their lives. This not only makes me sad but also angry, Yabba has been a plague in the villages and towns of Thailand for far too long.  Love him or loathe him at least there was zero tolerance on drugs when Thaksin was PM.  This current bunch of clowns legalise canabis which can lead to the user moving on to try other drugs and with the current price of yabba being so cheap  its no supprise that something  disasterous has happened . Its too easy and cheap to get this stuff and the punishments are too lenient. As long as thiere is tolerance and tea money fines intead of real punishment then these types of horrific things will happen . Once again RIP little ones ???? .

• Like 2

No dry eye in the hall where families of victims murdered in childcare centre in Nong Bua Lamphu province #Thailand are gathered. Officials are working out compensation for each of the deceased victims that'll amount to 110,000 Baht or just about USD$3,000

https://twitter.com/MayWongCNA/status/1578246120513638401

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Yes they have to buy everything guns uniform my police inspector friend tells me that they are loaned the money to make the purchases and this loan is then deducted each month from there salary  he told me this a few years ago so unless the rules have changed I would assume it’s still the same today and I presume that as they had to buy the gun then in law it belongs to them .

As I have stated many times, the RTP at it's inception seems to have been created with a status quo from the government. We will NOT pay you a living wage, and you have to buy your own equipment, BUT you have a franchise, and the limit of your income is based solely on your own creativity and initiative, and you will always be protected. Is that not the case? Where would you begin to change that culture? You know where? You would double all salaries. And invest in modern equipment, forensic labs and an effective highway patrol. Probably a trillion baht to start.

Thailand likely has the highest percentage of laws on the books, that are NEVER enforced, of any nation on earth. Nobody respects the cops here. And few respect the judiciary either, for good reasons. 

• Like 1

If the murderer should find himself in a wat for a funeral/cremation. how many of the local faithful will abandon the Wat forever.?  If I were a Thai with their Buddha beliefs, I would never go near the wat again, if the monks feel it is ok to send this monster on his way.

He deserves absolutely nothing. Throw his body to the sharks or crocodiles!

• Like 2

????????????Heartbreaking Tragedy in Thailand. Heartfelt Condolences and Sympathies to the Families of the Young children. May God Bless these Souls of young Children. ????????????เสียใจด้วย ครับ .I feel very sorry.???????????? It is very sad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I've taken both, well Yaa Ma as it was called back in the 90s. 

I've heard of users of Yaba having hallucinations when coming off the drug, but not when on it. 

I know about seeing things when on LSD. 

I agree with you. Yabba is not halluicinagenic in itself. Side effects of Yabba is loss of sleep, excessive use leads to excessive loss of sleep. This tiredness in the brain can lead to delusions and paranoia.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

I agree with you. Yabba is not halluicinagenic in itself. Side effects of Yabba is loss of sleep, excessive use leads to excessive loss of sleep. This tiredness in the brain can lead to delusions and paranoia.

Usual effects are random anger/violence/mood swings.

I lived with an addict for ages.

6 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Left in a sewer and let the rats eat him