At least 20 people killed in mass shooting in Thailand: Police

webfact

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure where you saw the information you have, but it is misinformation.

As I stated, this was info that was out there early on as the Incident broke.

I never returned back later to read the updates, as its all too upsetting to hear of such a dreadful Crime against very young Children

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, dj230 said:

Thanks for the insights, I will write a letter to my police station and let them know to carry pencils instead of firearms

Right because calling everything a myth will solve everything.

Plenty of news reports, stories, videos of people defending themselves with firearms against criminals. Common sense should be enough to understand that having a firearm to defend yourself and others is going to result in a higher probability of survival versus not having one in a massacre like this.

The only ones who will be negatively impacted are the victims. I think if you had a friend or family member at that school, you would think differently. 

I dont think any sensible person would think differently under any circumstances.

The NRA inspired nonsense you parrot has been debunked time and time again.

• Like 1

Stay factual, there is nothing more to do on this case. As tragic and life shattering it is, the culprit is dead and the survivors will be needing all the assistance to accommodate their terrible, irrevocable losses.

How to prevent this in the future - might be the next goal.
Why are firearms readily available everywhere including ammo in a country, where it is per se forbidden?
Are police cadets professionally screened for their psychological ability to execute their duties?
What is trained on weaponry? 

The scenario is similar to the United States (as in many other things) and there the electorate has still not understood a thing. Here, the police and army should execute their duties according to the laws in the interest and protection of the electorate - regretfully the electorate is here to be srcweed and  exploited for the benefit of ....... we all know the script ????

6 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

Every massacre is terrible! But doing it in a Kindergarden and not hesitating to kill innocent toddlers is just another level. 

Wish they caught this coward alive and let him suffer eternally!!

Do you not believe in Hell, or Karma?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Monk are compassionate, we can learn a lot from them. 

Monks are compassionate? this countries take on Buddhism and the wealth it can bring goes in complete contrast to true Buddhism.  Monks have killed other monks, used drugs, lain with women and many have been defrocked.  It is a very small percentage that are righteous.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Guns are rampant in Thailand, even if mass shootings aren’t.

But Thailand, a majority Buddhist country of about 69 million, has some of Asia’s highest rates of gun ownership and gun homicide. It is also a key underground market for firearms in Southeast Asia, and experts say that many unregistered weapons have been brought in from neighboring countries.

“Thailand is seen as the region’s principal arms black market, followed by Cambodia and Vietnam,” according to gunpolicy.org.

Mass shootings are rare in Thailand, but in a country with millions of firearms, the authorities have long worried about the potential for more gun violence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/06/world/asia/thailand-shootings-guns-firearms.html

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So to you, showing the daily crimes, murders and death scenes where motorbikes and pedestrians get run over is appropriate.  In no way shape or form is it appropriate as all it tends to do is deaden ones senses and then it becomes fascinating.  Another case just recently of a young man who cut up and dismembered his GF and spread her around because he saw it described on TV says it all.  Thai's learn to do these horrid things and become enthralled in them.  Watch a Lakorn if you do not believe me, they always seem to blame a demon or body possession for why things happen, not there fault they say.

I really can't believe that you are using this thread to spread your hatred of Thailand and her culture. Thai bashing to the extreme. 

I wouldn't go to your country and and suggest you ban violent video games or movies as people copy them and kill people. 

To me, there is nothing inappropriate about showing pictures of dead people and there is no fascination, that is in your head, due to being repressed. 

Do you believe in demons or body possessions? 

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Monks are compassionate? this countries take on Buddhism and the wealth it can bring goes in complete contrast to true Buddhism.  Monks have killed other monks, used drugs, lain with women and many have been defrocked.  It is a very small percentage that are righteous.

More Thai bashing, shame on you. 

Of course monks are compassionate. There are bad ones of course, but same could be said of any country. Don't get me started on Catholic priests in your country. 

Real monks/priests have qualities we should aspire to. 

• Like 1

The Mrs was telling me that one young girl escaped death by lying still while clutching her blankets over her head! 
My friend has a 4 year old in a similar school and went to take them out early , out of precaution yesterday !

Mental illness has much to do with this tragedy and other similar  events that have occurred.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

No one's bashing anything except a pervasive view shown daily.  If that's called culture then it is not warranted as a part of culture. Guess if they showed executions you would like to see that as well.  Why do you think they have already stated to folks not to show pictures of this heinous crime.

It is extreme bashing and lack of cultural acceptance.

They had public executions in your country in the past. 

I wouldn't want to see someone getting executed. 

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Aren't there normally packs of soi dogs at many temples? Perhaps those monks could leave his body to them.

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange, the killer is dead. 

He wasnt at the time and besides people act differently and felt a need to be with their love ones !

Edited by riclag

21 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Just picked this up on BBC. At a nursery no less! Horrendous.  Why didn’t you just do yourself in. What a sad world!

Totally agree but why, when he was a drug addict before joining the police he was even allowed to join? I know guns are almost available at every 7-11 but he should never have been accepted into the force.

10 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

My wife says that there are normally 70/80 children at the school, but most were missing due to the hard rain. As horrendous as it is, it could have been a lot worse.

Yes read that, heavy rain and a broken down school bus fortunately led to many less children there than should have been

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1