The Thai roads are full of surprises - not all of them bad! Rooster returns to Bangkok from Loei

webfact

Just now, sambum said:

"Let’s start smiling at each other again - Thais and foreigners - and put the S back in the LOS."

The first time I returned to the UK after a 6 months "sabbatical" in Thailand, I landed at  Heathrow, and was walking along the platform in Euston Station to get my train "Oop North" to my then hometown, when I caught the eye of someone walking towards me, so I smiled and nodded as was customary here at the time. "Who you "f*****g lookin' at?" was my reward for acting like a  "Thai"!

I could only assume that he was heartbroken after putting his girlfriend on the train to go home to look after her sick mum, but I stopped the practice in the UK after that experience!

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Recreational smoking of the stuff has not been legalised.

8.8 thousand posts in a little over 18 months..

Guess you've got a lot to say.. but given that statistic, I'd wager not much of it is worth listening to..

Edited by bobbin
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, bobbin said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Recreational smoking of the stuff has not been legalised.

Keep telling yourself that Lou, while shutting your eyes to the reality all around you..

"It's possible to ignore reality..

It's not possible to ignore the consequences of ignoring reality"

Seriously, you think that recreational cannabis smoking has been legalised?   

You're best sticking to monitoring the number of posts I make, perhaps you can count better than you can read and comprehend news articles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The Rooster is NOT American, he's as English as a Cumberland sausage.

And please explain how a healthy individual going around mask free is putting 'others at risk'.

I'm up right there with you Rooster, get rid of those damn masks NOW!

10 hours ago, webfact said:

I nearly asked them to speed up but thought better of it….

That reminded me ...

Years ago someone posted a story here about him and a mate taking a motocycle taxi each from one side of Pattaya to the other. As they set off his mate shouted "1,000 baht to the one who gets there first". You can imagine the rest.

I laughed until my stomach ached, and still have a giggle whenever I think about it now.

2 hours ago, HappyinNE said:

A vacation suggestion is a game and bird watching Safari in Tanzania.  Went for the second time 10 years ago and looking at going back.  Been to a lot of places on six continents (missed Australia) and this is the best.   

Yes - Tanzania was brilliant. Ngorogoro crater - nothing like it anywhere.

I cannot see Rooster and Mrs R enjoying that one though.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There have been no "chain gangs" working in Bangkok, chain gangs are forced labourers, none of the prisoners are forced to do that work, they are all volunteers.

And, if the same as in many previous years they get some remission on their sentence and they are not that far from their release date.

Also, the only prisioners allowed to join this activity are those who are totally trusted to not run away, they realize that would be stupid.

And they are not chained together - they are not a chain gang. 

• Like 1

Thanks for another news update Rooster. I am just happy to be living in a country that is not at war.

You still need to be vaxxed to get into the USA, unless you want to quarantine on arrival.  Canada finally dropped 

that requirement on Oct 1st.  I am glad to see a more relaxed soft drug situation in Thailand. Tourists still have to make sure that their suitcases 

and travel on bags are drug free when they head back home in most cases. I hope that Bangkok does not have too many more floods before

the end of wet season. The last time I went north in Thailand, I flew from Bangkok to the NE, and spent a few days in Nong Khai

looking for an old Canadian friend. It was a friendly place and people were friendly, plus food was great.

Those pot holes in the one picture reminds me of a road to the west of Udon Thani. Thanks for the memories.

That was a horrible event in NE Thailand and I feel sorry for all the parents who lost their tiny children to the ex RTP member.

I just hope that we will see an end to the war in Ukraine, without it becoming nuclear.  As boring to the rest of us, this

invasion of Ukraine from Russia is, I do hope the war will end soon.

• Like 2