Government opposition ‘Pheu Thai’ party to reintroduce its policy of War on Drugs, including cannabis, following Nong Bua Lamphu mass shooting

webfact

7 minutes ago, jonclark said:

All this from a man who believes shooting people in his first post of the day is a solution to the problem.

Maybe you should reflect on yourself as a person before casting judgement in very broad and inaccurate strokes on other people.

Any person who thinks shooting people is a solution is probably a criminal of the highest order. Wouldn't you agree? 

Some folks like to take drugs ....  and some don't ....    ok ...  maybe not shoot them but at least incarcerate them.  enough on this drug topic.

lets try another subject shall we ...  Lol

31 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Alcohol is not acceptable in many societies, mine included. Causes far more trouble than it's worth! 

nothing wrong with having a beer mate ....  it's quite legal.    Don't think taking meth or heroin is legal or good anyway ....  or last time I looked it wasn't. 

4 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Jesus, what an autocratic dictatorial and plain obtuse point of view. No wonder some people here like dictators.

tell that to the young teens and families that heroin and meth were introduced to and destroyed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Theres more yaba in the prisons than on the street

well that's the best place for it then imo.   If you like drugs then that's fine .... it's your choice to take drugs but not for me thanks.  enough on this subject.  tks.

To sums it all up.. Drugs are here to stay, the huge amount of money that the drug industry turns  can buy power, clout and even enemies not not mention life of super luxury, and when you have corrupt government, army and police all the more reasons why drugs will be here for ever...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Because we see no difference between the various recreational drugs.

We are capable of rational thought!

You see no difference between cannabis and say PCP or heroin ?  I think your rational thinking could do with some improvement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

not those drug makers,  I mean the meth, heroin and yaba makers. 

@MrFill makes a valid point; the world has a grossly overmedicated population. Indeed, prescription drugs are the third leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer in the US and Europe. And prescription drugs (especially painkillers) kill more Americans than heroin, cocaine, and smoking combined. Another study linked statins to a higher risk of diabetes and other health disorders. 

So be careful what you take, folks. Sadly, people are too quick to accept whatever DRUGS doctors tell them without questioning the said substance. 

But none of this makes sense unless you accept the recognized channels of expert opinion, of course. I refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), PubMed.gov, and others.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25355584/ 

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2011/p1101_flu_pain_killer_overdose.html 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/well/live/statins-may-increase-risk-of-diabetes.html 

Edited by AddyA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thaksin's War On Drugs was very popular in 2003 as many people were being Killed, Mugged and by drug dealers and drug addicts and drugs. But seriously don't think it's going to the right policy now even in Isarn Pheu Thai's home turf people are Ganga crazy. Funny why so many foreigners here defend drug abuse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

Police has a money spinning scheme allowing it's force to buy heavily discounted brand new high quality firearms and resell it privately to public, at very large profit

Not accurate. Government employees (including police officers) can buy firearms without tax (which is a big part of the weapon price). They can sell it in the free market (after both parties get the proper documents) after 5 years.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, amexpat said:

He keeps repeating this line.

I think he wants to get out of the hole he dug but doesn't know how. 

not at all ..... I'm just not into drugs or the users and producers.  Drugs have killed many young folk around the world.  Drugs are wrong ....   didn't they teach you that at school.