60 day tourist visa

Hello. I am going to visit my Thai wife in December. Am i right that on the evisa site i need:

1. Photo of passport. 

2. Photo of me holding passport. 

3. Wifes id card. 

4. Photo of passport pages of places visited in the last 12 months. 

5. Invitation letter from my wife. 

6. Documentation to prove i stay in the embassy/consulate duerestriction area. 

7. Bank statement. 

8. Marriage certificate. 

9. Travel details. 

This is the first time i have applied online. I presume no. 6 i can upload a utility bill. I am going for 59 days as they were asking for a lot more to go for more than 60.

Have you considered applying for a single entry non-o visa based upon your marriage to a Thai. That would allow a 90 day stay without applying for a extension. I think you will find it easier to apply that a tourist visa. No need for a flight out of the country to apply for it. See: https://thaievisa.go.th/non-immigrant-o

You could enter visa exempt to get a 45 day entry that can be extended for 30 days and after that you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sd44 said:

I am going for 59 days as they were asking for a lot more to go for more than 60.

Don't base your visit around that.

How long would you like to stay.

There are many options and often best is determined desired length of stay. 

• Like 1

If i went visa exempt, as I'm going for 59 days would i need to have a flight out after 45? Also i was wondering if my wife would have to invite me to stay at the house, and confirm we are still married, could she photograph the letter and send it? 

10 minutes ago, sd44 said:

If i went visa exempt, as I'm going for 59 days would i need to have a flight out after 45? Also i was wondering if my wife would have to invite me to stay at the house, and confirm we are still married, could she photograph the letter and send it? 

You can extend the 45 day visa exempt entry for another 30 days. Nothing needed but your passport, application form and photo.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sd44 said:

The onward flight that may be required by airline if flying without visa has easy "rent onward flight" option. ~$14

You would not need anything from wife.

Since your plan is a 59 day stay your options are tourist visa or visa exempt entry + 30 day extension. 

Just be aware that in future trips you have many options being married.

Tourist Visa.

Non O marriage

Visa exempt+ extension (both 30 day extension and 60 day extension to visit wife) 1900baht. .......

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Thanks for everyone's help. For about 7 years i went with my wife to Laos and got a multi non o, but this is the 1st time i tried evisa application, as having had complications with covid, i haven't been able to visit my wife and daughter for 2 1/2 years. It is just a bit confusing as they are asking so much for the non o and i thought maybe the 60 day tourist to visit family would be easier, but no????. Also if i put down a residential address on my landing card with visa Exempt, would i have issues on entry at immigration. I'm probably worrying more than i should. 

46 minutes ago, sd44 said:

Also if i put down a residential address on my landing card with visa Exempt, would i have issues on entry at immigration. I'm probably worrying more than i should

There's no landing cards at the moment and I think that still applies when you want to visit.

• Like 1

Thank you for everyones help. I willl try non o single again(although it's listing a lot more requirements than the initial 4. Failing that i will go visa exempt and book a flight leaving Thailand for airline purposes. 

Before applying for non o it lists 4 things to have documentation for. After going through the process online there are 13 different ones required. Number 8, you don't get a residence permit in Uk, and is number 12 not the same? ????

20221011_171012.jpg

20221011_170950.jpg

20221011_170935.jpg

14 minutes ago, sd44 said:

Before applying for non o it lists 4 things to have documentation for. After going through the process online there are 13 different ones required. Number 8, you don't get a residence permit in Uk, and is number 12 not the same? ????

20221011_171012.jpg

20221011_170950.jpg

20221011_170935.jpg

No.8 only applies if you are not a UK national.

• 2 months later...

I recall a template example for the invitation letter for a Thai home owner to write, for her husband or friend to visit her home. I can't remember where i saw it and can't find it in my downloads. Has anyone else seen this. It may have been on the Thai Embassy site, but i can't find it? 

46 minutes ago, sd44 said:

I recall a template example for the invitation letter for a Thai home owner to write, for her husband or friend to visit her home. I can't remember where i saw it and can't find it in my downloads. Has anyone else seen this. It may have been on the Thai Embassy site, but i can't find it? 

My daughter done one a couple of years ago .Basically wrote that I was staying at her house for a period of time and has her contact details on it pretty basic stuff 

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny, I'm applying for a 60 STV single entry online and there are a couple documents they request that don't make sense.. (USA application)

4 . Travel booking confirmation (what do they want? another copy of the air reservation?)

It's unclear what this is for.. because there is already a document request # 8 . A copy of flight confirmation/reservation

6 . Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter

why this? can I just upload a picture stating N/A not applicable? Or do they actually want a bank statement?