Expats have it good in Thailand.

swissie

10 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I moved here 10-15 years ago and didn't sell anything to 'invest in a life here'.

I use an agent that does everything re: immigration. They collect and deliver everything to my doorstep.

Not everybody gets involved with a person whose family needs money, and actually spends yours. What on Earth is that about? Why are you in that situation? 

I personally am NOT in this situation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The standard of living enjoyed by many here is far better than they would ever have achieved in their home country.

The positives here far outway the negatives for most. Its also fair to say that the country most have left actually no longer exists as it was when they were resident and is consigned to history and memories.

Yet many complain. If i had a pension Id be there. The west is ok for work but boring otherwise unless you play golf or surf.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

38 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I moved here 10-15 years ago and didn't sell anything to 'invest in a life here'.

I use an agent that does everything re: immigration. They collect and deliver everything to my doorstep.

Not everybody gets involved with a person whose family needs money, and actually spends yours. What on Earth is that about? Why are you in that situation? 

Then you are not one of those who do not regret. Myself moved here 5 years ago, but still keep my gate open for return. 

22 minutes ago, swissie said:

To predict exchange rates 20 years into the future is impossible. Depending on "home currency", some have lost buying power versus the BHT. Swiss Franc holders have not.

Many that have deciced to make Thailand their new home in the past needed all their funds to make this happen in Thailand. In other words: They had to put all their eggs in one basket. It takes a lot of eggs to financially diversify. Many did not have the necessary amount of eggs to diversify.

It is a lottery. Who knew Swiss franc would double, and Thai baht almost half from when I first start visiting.

Covid, conflicts, everything can change quick. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why do people constantly assume that simply because someone complains about a few things in the place they live, they have a major issue with that place?  Obviously people who live here like the place.

Some people just feel a need to  point it out and make an issue of others complaining.

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Iforbach said:

Thailand

still paradise for me ..23 years i giggled at me eletric bill even got a discount ..no blightey 4 me cold damp n depressing ..

Ok plenty rain yet warm love it 

My electric bill just went up 62% in the west.

• Thumbs Up 1