Thai Public Health Minister urges public not to include marijuana in government’s plan to eradicate drug problems

snoop1130

34 minutes ago, soumanioco said:

How come so many of you are so stupid? What does cannabis have to do with meth? 

You need to get out more and live a little. 

Forgive them , they really don't know what they are talking about, they are literally victims of government produced propaganda based purely on misinformation.

its probably best that you don't encourage them to "get out and live a little" I would prefer it if they stayed in their houses and kept their ridiculous thoughts to themselves

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Difficult to believe the ignorance of those who cannot see the difference between these two completely different substances who's only thing in common was that they were both illegal !

Even more unbelievable is posting rubbish  to publicly demonstrate one's complete ignorance,

Thailand and the rest of the civilised world is already a legally sanctioned alcoholic paradise (despite the "war on drugs") but you don't mention that. 

"ganja paradise"  a phrase straight out of reefer madness

You should be able to do better than insult and use the tired deflection of alcohol. 

So many have lived lives fine so far without this stuff, just see no need to promote it now!

12 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

There have been millions of lives needlessly  ruined by anti cannabis legislation, do you think that should continue? 

Millions eh! Unsubstantiated claims, next to your insults and alcohol deflections..... ? I actually do not worry as surely there are  opposing concerns too... I don't need drugs in my life... but I think cannabis should be available to those who  can benefit from using it, like Parkinson's sufferers, as an example. 

56 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Of course he has an interest and I have no problem with that,   are you jealous?

No , I just asked a question . I know you know that ? means question , as you have used it yourself.......????

Edited by NE1

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Mr Anutin you urge all THai to wear a mask.. where is yours?? 

True but actually really good to see him without one. 

Lets hope other government officials follow this , the time of the mass masking is slowly but surely coming to an end. 

His comments on cannabis are relatively uncontroversial really, clearly meth is the real challenge here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anrcaccount said:

True but actually really good to see him without one. 

Lets hope other government officials follow this , the time of the mass masking is slowly but surely coming to an end. 

His comments on cannabis are relatively uncontroversial really, clearly meth is the real challenge here.

"True but actually really good to see him without one."

With a face like his, he would be better to keep wearing a mask. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This guy is ill equipped to solve a serious problem, of this nature. He was never qualified for the job, he completely blew the initial vaccination effort, he presided over the closing of the nation to tourism, and the overly draconian restrictions later, which severely damaged the tourism industry, and the local economy, and now after a those failures, he says he wants to lead the nation. A true empty suit. A bottom of the barrel minister. 

Waging a war on drugs is like trying to stop the tides from rising. You either approach the problem from within (police reform, legalization, counseling options for addicts, cracking down on highly suspect border officials, etc.), or you just stop the hyperbole and charade. 

I've never really been into drugs, I'm much more of a boozer.

I also think they have been a scouge on society. However, I believe the world needs a totally different approach, considering that what has happened so far with criminalisation has been a failure. The 'war on drugs' has been lost.

Many years ago I remember one of the top cops in London saying that the Metropolitan Police has no problem at all with drugs, The problem that they do have is the crime that people commit to get the money to pay for them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Millions eh! Unsubstantiated claims, next to your insults and alcohol deflections..... ? I actually do not worry as surely there are  opposing concerns too... I don't need drugs in my life... but I think cannabis should be available to those who  can benefit from using it, like Parkinson's sufferers, as an example. 

Of course its an unsubstantiated claim, how could it be anything else but i think  most would agree its a reasonably credible figure. when considering not just those incarcerated for simple possession who will have received a criminal record but also their families who will have been deprived of a breadwinner , How many would you estimate have been negatively affected. ? 

I read 80,000 were released in Thailand alone It shouldn't stretch your intellect too much to imagine how many others have suffered and are still suffering worldwide Whilst criminal organisations have made billions ( again a reasonable estimate in my opinion even if unsubstantiated)

The issue of Police and drug taking is its self a deflection in the context of reporting the tragic event that happened last week, Firstly the guy was not a policeman , he had been sacked, and Secondly  a drugs test indicated he had not recently taken any drugs

So you have no wish to smoke cannabis, that's up to you, but why on earth would you wish to restrict its use to those with chronic diseases?   It demonstrates a weird  desire to control the lives of others , based on your own irrational fears.   At the risk of being accused of "deflection"  again, do you also think (irrationally) that  alcohol should also be criminalised and restricted to those with a chronic debilitating disease in light of the recent tragedy? as that was not found in his blood either

31 minutes ago, NE1 said:

No , I just asked a question . I know you know that ? means question , as you have used it yourself.......????

I was enquiring as to why  you asked a question to which you already know the answer,  

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

So you have no wish to smoke cannabis, that's up to you, but why on earth would you wish to restrict its use to those with chronic diseases? 

You obviously did not read my post.... you need to learn to listen on occasion rather than deflect and put forward unsubstantiated claims... and insults. What has made you behave this way?

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You obviously did not read my post.... you need to learn to listen on occasion rather than deflect and put forward unsubstantiated claims... and insults. What has made you behave this way?

Oh dear I must be hallucinating I was sure you wrote this...

." but I think cannabis should be available to those who  can benefit from using it, like Parkinson's sufferers, as an example."

Perhaps you would like to correct me ?    Should be an interesting read when you try to.

46 minutes ago, marcusb said:

When first announced a couple years back thats what I thought as well.

I'm sure he has invested and will see good returns. I have not seen him or this govt monopolize it like I thought they would. 
 I also see Mom and Pop places making pocket money with it. A lot of 20s 30s year olds getting into it bigger with import weed shops and bongs and such. I see a lot of people making money off it and harming no one. 

I don't like the guy at all, but full respect on what he's done for the people and weed. 

I don't understand the issue with him making any money from the legalisation of cannabis, So many others were making so much more when it was illegal and continue to do so from the continuing  illegal status of other drugs, yet I don't hear the prohibitionists complaining about that.

Considering the complete ineffectiveness of the illegality one can't help but wonder  who's interests the illegality actually serves, It certainly doesn't help the general public or the users but its a real earner for those involved in the supply 

As other members oh here have suggested ...follow the money, its really not that difficult

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, nikmar said:

Comments like this should mean instant removal from any job concerning health. Weed is no longer a drug!!! Why? Cos its been declassified? So alcohol, nicotine, caffiene are not drugs either?

He is ill informed, as usual. Placing him as health minister has always been a huge mistake. Time reveals that more and more. He would have been more accurate had he said it is a milder and less addictive drug, which results in less psychotic behavior. 

Let us call this mistake #230 from the empty suit minister.

• Like 2

Let the government decide whats legal and what's not, and punish the transgressors accordingly. Same with the myriad of motoring laws, that nobody adheres to because there are so few punishments meted out.   The failure to enforce laws in both regards costs many many lives!

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh dear I must be hallucinating I was sure you wrote this...

." but I think cannabis should be available to those who  can benefit from using it, like Parkinson's sufferers, as an example."

Perhaps you would like to correct me ?    Should be an interesting read when you try to.

You suggested I wanted to restrict the use which isn't really my aim... just see no need for it beyond medical. Sorry could not respond better earlier... had to rush off for a dentist session. Could have done with some weed for that!

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You suggested I wanted to restrict the use which isn't really my aim... just see no need for it beyond medical. Sorry could not respond better earlier... had to rush off for a dentist session. Could have done with some weed for that!

don't envy you with the dentist appointment but strangely whilst i may be in favour of cannabis for many reasons  I really can't agree that it has any significant pain killing properties, (for me anyway) especially with regards to toothache ! personally I prefer lao khao for that 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:47 PM, snoop1130 said:

When asked by reporters if there would be a review of the Cannabis and Hemp Act after the incident of the mass shooting in Nong Bua Lamphu, Anutin said that methamphetamine is a drug but marijuana is no longer a drug, so it was not the same thing anymore. Anutin held firm that he would not support any attempt to decriminalize cannabis as a narcotic drug, as suggested by some government opposition groups.

Anutin For PM!!!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2022 at 7:35 AM, ChrisY1 said:

How many people are in prison for smoking or possessing dope? If there's even one, then it's viewed as an illegal substance.....so it probably will be included in the anti drug plan!

Some might now have grounds for an early release if they were just users.