OTHERED: How racism, xenophobia and religious discrimination were woven into the fabric of the UK

Scott

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Whatever is the policy, which is decided by the government in accordance with international treaties.

Simpler just to point out they stay in Rwanda. They are not welcome in the UK under any circumstances. Why be so evasive?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

A: No

B: Yes. 

This is just sad.

I was saying things like this 15 years ago, but then left moved so far to the extreme left I find myself sitting over in the right now, lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2009 said:

This is just sad.

I was saying things like this 15 years ago, but then left moved so far to the extreme left I find myself sitting over in the right now, lol

I really don’t see your perceived views on politics have any relation to the fact that racism is still a cancer that affects the U.K.  

What is sad is your refusal to see this because you don’t want to face this reality. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2009 said:

The UK has to be one of the least racist countries on Earth.

Try going to: Greece, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Africa, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Japan etc. etc.

Really not sure how you have decided upon that opening sentence and even if true (and I am by no means saying it is true), it really doesn’t matter how racist the country is compared to any other, you have chosen to allege is worse.

This thread is about the uk not any other place. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I am saying if you are gonna complain about racist countries, the UK should be last on the list.

Say it all you want, it doesn’t make it any truer. 

And my point is: the UK doesn't have a problem with racism. There may be a few individuals, but you are acting like it's a national problem.

The U.K. does have a problem with racism, as the OP highlights, and it is a national problem. 

The national problem is being too generous to foreigners when Britain needs to take care of itself.

Nonsense. 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/04/1090032

Edited by Bluespunk
Link added
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, simple1 said:

Firstly a heads up on the reality of life in Rwanda....

"While the regime has maintained stability and economic growth, it has also suppressed political dissent though pervasive surveillance, intimidation, torture, and renditions or suspected assassinations of exiled dissidents".

https://freedomhouse.org/country/rwanda

The cost to the Australian taxpayer for Offshore Processing, contrary to UN Refugee Conventions, has been enormous. Estimated at approx $400k per person p.a.

https://www.kaldorcentre.unsw.edu.au/publication/cost-australias-asylum-policy#:~:text=In the 2021-2022 financial,cost of A%24812 million).

The tens of millions held in refugees camps around the world are mostly without hope for resettlement.

If life in Rwanda was like a holiday camp the numbers crossing the channel would likely increase. The point of the exercise is to dissuade people from crossing the channel in rubber boats and sometimes dying because of it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Ok, you are basically offering nothing now with your responses, just one word answers and circular reasoning. ????????

See ya ????

Ah the irony of you making baseless assertions and accusing others of offering nothing.

Educate yourself and read the link I added to my last post. Further education embedded within it...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it was as bad as you apparently think it is, why would anyone want to risk death to get there?

The fact people flee persecution, war, terror and other forms of violence has nothing to do with an issue that affects millions of uk citizens...

Edited by Bluespunk
spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I lived in London for 10 years and worked with people from all over the world including Africa, and never once did anyone of any origin complain of racism in my hearing.

Seems like an attempt to make a mountain out of the proverbial molehill, by those that profit from such.

Nonetheless racism is a cancer that afflicts the country...

• Like 2