OTHERED: How racism, xenophobia and religious discrimination were woven into the fabric of the UK

Scott

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BS. How does sending them to Rwanda put them at risk? The risk they face is crossing the channel in rubber boats.

Are you suggesting that everyone in Rwanda is "at risk" or that those sent from Britain should be treated better than the citizens of Rwanda?

If they don't want to go to Rwanda the answer is simple- stay in the first safe country they come to, instead of trying to get to Britain in a rubber boat.

https://www.visitrwanda.com/arsenal/about-the-partnership/

If it's good enough for Arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

13 hours ago, Don Chance said:

The Conspiracy is Capitalism!

Capitalism creates inequality, injustice and unfairness. Not what they say, that it creates economic equality - it is the opposite. A few very wealthy and lot of people who's real wages have not risen since the 1970. So naturally there is going to be racism and anger at the system.

It is blacks, women, minorities, natives etc who are disproportionately effected by the inequality.

Immigration is all about keeping wages low for the wealthy employers.

I doubt anyone says that capitalism is about equality ( it's not ). What it is is equality of opportunity to get rich. Go to school, learn stuff, work hard, be smart and anyone can get wealthy. Ask anyone that is a qualified plumber, or an electrician etc about making money.

You left white people off your list- plenty of poor white people about.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Racism in Thailand, India, Saudia Arabia, Africa. Everywhere.

This thread is not about Thailand, India Saudi Arabia, Africa or any other place than the UK.

9 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Ive never seen a country with no racism. Talk about credibility. Yours got destroyed yesterday.

I’ve never claimed racism doesn’t exist in any other country.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

My only remaining living friend is black, my woman is Asian, my son is mixed race.

I'm living the woke multicultural dream!

But you can keep suggesting I'm a racist if you want to appear foolish.

I have never once suggested you are a racist - not ever.

I do not call other members racist, not ever.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My only remaining living friend is black, my woman is Asian, my son is mixed race. (and my last white friend died of AIDs)

I'm living the woke multicultural rainbow dream!

But you can keep suggesting I'm a racist if you want to appear foolish.

Perhaps he doesn't realise that you live in Thailand and married to a non white woman?

Bit silly to claim that any farang living in Thailand and married to a Thai is a racist.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not really, as it's not what the topic is about.

Feel free to introduce it though.

I don’t need your advice on what to introduce.

As to the post you responded to, I merely commented on a well made point.

A point entirely in line with the topics theme.

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Being a subject matter expert on asylum seeking you should know that those sent offshore by Oz government were put at risk

Who would care if they died?

In the case of the boat people entering the UK, the French and the EU don't appear to care, if they did they would have stopped them entering the boats at the French end.

So why does the UK have to care?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps he doesn't realise that you live in Thailand and married to a non white woman?

Bit silly to claim that any farang living in Thailand and married to a Thai is a racist.

It’s a line of argument that deserves its own thread. 

Unfortunately this isn’t the thread and that’s not the topic in this one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BS. How does sending them to Rwanda put them at risk? The risk they face is crossing the channel in rubber boats.

Are you suggesting that everyone in Rwanda is "at risk" or that those sent from Britain should be treated better than the citizens of Rwanda?

If they don't want to go to Rwanda the answer is simple- stay in the first safe country they come to, instead of trying to get to Britain in a rubber boat.

Read and inwardly digest:

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-07-19/uk-officials-warned-government-not-to-pursue-rwanda-deportation-plan-court-hears

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I watched this BBC documentary  recently about two far right racist extremists who seem to have became very fond of each other and then went to Africa and the video addresses the topic of this thread  . 

45 minutes, but worth a watch if you have nothing better to do 

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I watched this BBC documentary  recently about two far right racist extremists who seem to have became very fond of each other and then went to Africa and the video addresses the topic of this thread  . 

45 minutes, but worth a watch if you have nothing better to do 

Lovely ending.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2022 at 3:49 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, so there is no racism in the UK then?

OP: How racism, etc....were woven into the fabric of of the UK.

BM's:
....."are you saying there's no racism" in the UK?

And many variations on that old theme. What a cheap diversionary tactic that wastes everyone's time.

• Love It 1

34 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

White supremacist neo Nazi has relationship with young non White teenager in Africa .

This tells us that guys who marry Thai females can still be racists and "I got a Black friend " excuse doesn't mean they aren't racists  .

They are racists who like young females and its safer in other Countries than it is back in Europe 

I suggest trying the internet search ‘white supremacist Asian women’ 

It turns out to be a thing.

On 10/14/2022 at 3:49 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

They call other people racists and that person is left trying to convince others that he isn't a racist

There are certain hallmarks, trait, and cliches that help you identify a racist - one is they spend a lot of time arguing that they, someone or something isn't racist....the irony is lost on them.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 5:07 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless it's changed since I left that, IMO, is not true.

It's alway been there - so many white people never notice it or are in denial. From out and out blatant aggression to thousands of microaggressions, it there. People are getting more educated - so in one sense what was always here is now noticed more and understood better......but it's always been there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kwilco said:

There are certain hallmarks, trait, and cliches that help you identify a racist - one is they spend a lot of time arguing that they, someone or something isn't racist....the irony is lost on them.

That just doesn't make any logical sense .

If you accuse someone of being a racist, if they deny it.................that's evidence they are a racist .

That is lefty logic .

• Like 1