Some 50 MPs To Go Party-Hopping During Run-Up To Election

webfact

image.jpeg

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

AS MANY AS 50 MPs are largely expected to go party-hopping by no later than January in pursuit of chances of being reelected, forecast former election commissioner Somchai Srisutthiyakorn Friday (Oct 14).

Some 40 to 50 MPs are believed to leave their respective parties during the very early part of next year to contest under the tickets of other camps where their chances of being reelected would be relatively high, said Somchai who currently performs as head of the Thai Liberal Party’s policy steering committee.

Somchai stopped short of naming names among those MPs who might probably defect, mostly from the largest coalition Palang Pracharath Party, amidst reported fears of being defeated in the next general election, speculated early next year, if they opted to stay put.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/10/14/some-50-mps-to-go-party-hopping-during-run-up-to-election/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-10-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Some 40 to 50 MPs are believed to leave their respective parties during the very early part of next year to contest under the tickets of other camps where their chances of being reelected would be relatively high, said Somchai who currently performs as head of the Thai Liberal Party’s policy steering committee

Musical chairs again.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

And not one doing it on the grounds of a moral/philosophical choice to pursue a political/humanistic principle.

All being done for personal agrandisment and wealth generation.

Disgusting, slimy, untrustworthy, disingenous, filthy scum the lot of them.

A bitter basher.  

Just not true, there are politicians I know who are doing it to better the country. 

What do you think of Chuan Leekpai, is he 'disgusting, slimy, untrustworthy, disingenuous, filthy scum' ?

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

A bitter basher.  

Just not true, there are politicians I know who are doing it to better the country. 

What do you think of Chuan Leekpai, is he 'disgusting, slimy, untrustworthy, disingenuous, filthy scum' ?

No he's not. When he was PM he was impressive, good policies, transparent, fighting off cronyism,  but very very slow at everything which was his downfall (in my opinion).

• Like 1

all this does is show that thai politics is only all about money, they shop around to see which party will enrich them more after the election, how in the hell do these lowlife scum get elected when all they care about is making money for themselves and dont give a sh*t about the people they are supposed to be representing but this is Thailand, money rules everything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

Ahhh, this is about Thai politics, why would I compare it to anywhere else!

So, you think Thai politics is a mess, fair enough. I am just wondering where you come from and if the politics there are not a mess.  

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 5:10 AM, Enoon said:

All being done for personal agrandisment and wealth generation.

Where in the world is that different? That's why it's so funny to see people so diametrically opposed in elections. It doesn't matter which side you're on. You will be cheated anyway.

• Love It 1

50 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So, you think Thai politics is a mess, fair enough. I am just wondering where you come from and if the politics there are not a mess.  

Nowhere like Thailand, they don't jump ship there, they follow party doctrine in most cases for life, not to get closer to the trough! Won't be long till there's another 3 or 4 new parties in Th with the hope they can at least get a few members snouts in the trough. Party loyalty means little in Thailand, self enrichment is all important.

56 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

My home country has NEVER, EVER had a military coup!

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

My home country has NEVER, EVER had a military coup!

Yea ... mine (USA) also, and it's almost impossible to do.  Only say 'almost' as I try 'never to say never' ... but ... simply not going to happen.  Not in a Republic, of 50 different states.  Election every 2/4 yrs, so no need to tolerate anyone for long time.

Plus those 100 million gun toting maniacs, kind of outnumber the military.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, 2baht said:

One that was colonised by the British!

Give us a clue and answer the following easy questions.

Are you a Hindu ?

Have you got short black curly hair ?

Does the word shamrock make you choke up ?

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Give us a clue and answer the following easy questions.

Are you a Hindu ?

Have you got short black curly hair ?

Does the word shamrock make you choke up ?

No, no and no! Here's a clue, we are upside down. ????