Who has retired to other Asian countries?

georgegeorgia

16 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

What kind of Visa is available? 

This most likely depends upon what passport you hold. 

Of course, Myakojima is a part of Japan. Therefore, Japan's visa regulations rule. 

However, where there is a will to live in Japan, there is a way. 

I almost purchased a house on Myakojima in the late 1990s. Probably prices were higher then than they are now. 

There are several other small islands near Myakojima, but not as unspoiled. 

Myakojima is a jewel. 

Take your Girl Friday, and don't look back. Think Defoe.

One is very unlikely to find Stilton cheese washed up on Myakojima. 

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This most likely depends upon what passport you hold. 

Of course, Myakojima is a part of Japan. Therefore, Japan's visa regulations rule. 

However, where there is a will to live in Japan, there is a way. 

I almost purchased a house on Myakojima in the late 1990s. Probably prices were higher then than they are now. 

There are several other small islands near Myakojima, but not as unspoiled. 

Myakojima is a jewel. 

Take your Girl Friday, and don't look back. Think Defoe.

One is very unlikely to find Stilton cheese washed up on Myakojima. 

Does Japan(like other advancedcountries) offer a long term Visa if a foreigner purchases real estate over a certain price.? Even the US offers foreigners who invest at least $500,000 in certain real estate an E2 Visa.  Of course this is something Thailand has never done and will never even consider(yikes a “Free Visa”).  This type thinking has and will always hinder Thailand from advancing.  

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The 20 year Elite visa for Thailand is $32,000.

It is more that that.  2 Million Baht is now approximately $56,000 + $560 annual fee.  Thailand should consider offering a 5 year visa to anyone how buys a condo or apartment that is at least 3 or 5 Million baht.  This would be an incentive for more foreigners to live or retire in The Land of Smiles.  But of course this will not happen.  

On 11/27/2022 at 5:12 AM, spidermike007 said:

He said that in general, the Philippine men had the greatest degree of fighting skills of any group of people in the world

You realise that Muay Thai is widely acknowledged as the deadliest fighting art on the Planet Earth,to the point that pretty much ALL MMA fighters use Muay Thai for their standup skills and BJJ/Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for their ground game?

You seem like a decent,honest guy but some of the things that you are saying about the Philippines is just absolute nonsense,pure fantasy from a Hollywood movie nothing more!

On 11/27/2022 at 5:12 AM, spidermike007 said:

But, unlike Thailand, even the men can be friendly. I suspect if I lived there, I would have a number of local male friends, unlike here. I have never met a society of men, who are less interested, less curious about, and less willing to get to know foreigners, than I have here in Thailand.

When you live in the Philippines you have male friends that are exactly the same as your male friends back at home in the West be it UK,America,Europe,Canada or wherever?

They will generally be of the more educated and well travelled type of local,these guys won’t let you buy beers for them or treat them with charity it is an insult to them as much as your friends back home?

Also the girls travel very well if you have a Filipina girlfriend or wife she will settle in a Western country no problem,as all exams in the Philippines at school are in the English language.

Thai girls don’t travel well at all a bit like Guinness,for one they generally aren’t great at speaking English and secondly they are taught at school (unfairly) that Thailand is the centre of the Universe and they expect the rest of the world to regard them as such.

Leaders of men and Captains of Industry but unfortunately the world generally has a very different view and the harsh reality is often too much for them to bear,meaning that they will probably want to go home where they are insulated against such world views?

Edited by Phnom Penh Trader
Proofreading

On 10/16/2022 at 1:55 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Yes Phil women can be bossy and dominant

Not if you're a real man and establish the rules. Who has the money after-all. If they want to be taken care of then they live by the rules else, they are out on the street. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Each country has its plus and minuses, just learn to adapt.

although not fully willing to leave Canada ( one of the nicest places in the world) I travel the winter months and have found that Vietnam is getting more of my time now!

wonderful people that actually seem happy to have me visit their country ,

educated younger class, that can actually carry on a intelligent conversation, 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2022 at 2:48 AM, lopburi3 said:

Would make this a first watch for PI - seems to hit just about everything.

Thanks for posting this. Much of it is common sense but I appreciate her honesty and I learned a few things. Well worth the listen. Thanks again!!

27 minutes ago, Northstar1 said:

Each country has its plus and minuses, just learn to adapt.

although not fully willing to leave Canada ( one of the nicest places in the world) I travel the winter months and have found that Vietnam is getting more of my time now!

wonderful people that actually seem happy to have me visit their country ,

educated younger class, that can actually carry on a intelligent conversation, 

Canada not only great country, all of the Canadians I have met have been great and respectful as well. 

Seems like a goid country to grow up in.

43 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Thanks for posting this. Much of it is common sense but I appreciate her honesty and I learned a few things. Well worth the listen. Thanks again!!

It’s just nonsense though most Filipinos/as want to leave there as there are no decent jobs for them,no manufacturing or anything as it is all islands that’s her problem!

Many Western jobs can be done online such as web development,marketing,online trading etc.

Of course you won’t succeed trying to sell services to locals that’s why many foreigners open expat bars or businesses focusing on foreigners only,even financial services there are plenty of IFAs/International Financial Advisers based over there.

5 hours ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

You realise that Muay Thai is widely acknowledged as the deadliest fighting art on the Planet Earth,to the point that pretty much ALL MMA fighters use Muay Thai for their standup skills and BJJ/Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for their ground game?

You seem like a decent,honest guy but some of the things that you are saying about the Philippines is just absolute nonsense,pure fantasy from a Hollywood movie nothing more!

Well, I have spent time there and have friends who have lived there for a decade or longer. 

And while Muay Thai can be a very effective fighting skill, unlike in the PI, where there are alot of skilled street fighters, there are tiny number of Thais who are good at fighting. A pinhead. 

Edited by spidermike007

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, I have spent time there and have friends who have lived there for a decade or longer. 

And while Muay Thai can be a very effective fighting skill, unlike in the PI, where there are alot of skilled street fighters, there are tiny number of Thais who are good at fighting. A pinhead. 

I lived in Cebu for two years and the Filipinos are more interested in music and singing than they are in fighting,they are like the Irish of South-East Asia!

The stories that you are coming out with here are absolutely ridiculous and untrue,I seriously doubt if you have ever even been there it just sounds like rubbish from the internet!