Mountain B Pub in Sattahip demolished

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Naewna

By Goongnang Suksawat

Sattahip, Chonburi – The Mountain B pub in Sattahip that caught fire, killed 25 people, and injured 32 people has been demolished.

Yesterday (October 15th) at the Mountain B pub on Sukhumvit Road in the Plu Ta Luang sub-district, the remains of the pub were totally demolished. All iron structures were removed from the area.

Thirteen people were pronounced dead at the scene at the Mountain B pub fire on August 5th, 2022. Twelve people were later pronounced dead at hospitals. In total 25 people died from the incident while 32 people are being treated at hospitals and at homes.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/16/update-mountain-b-pub-in-sattahip-demolished/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Pretty sure 99% of all condos and hotels have the same issue here, 1 fire in the corridor leaves a choice of braving the fire or hoping the 90ft drop wont kill you !

Apartment buildings and condos have always been hazardous once you get above the 7th floor.  Most fire departments do not have ladders that can reach higher than 7 floors.

Walking street and NANA plaza are both problematic  Walking street have 2 real exits while imagining a fire in NANA Plaza with only 1 exit and a small busy street. 

Part of the challenge is that there is no law that says there has to be an alleyway between 2 buildings so buildings build right against each other.

This is the same with row housing (garden homes)  if there is a fire by the door the only exit is to jump from the room above

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Apartment buildings and condos have always been hazardous once you get above the 7th floor.  Most fire departments do not have ladders that can reach higher than 7 floors.

Walking street and NANA plaza are both problematic  Walking street have 2 real exits while imagining a fire in NANA Plaza with only 1 exit and a small busy street. 

Part of the challenge is that there is no law that says there has to be an alleyway between 2 buildings so buildings build right against each other.

This is the same with row housing (garden homes)  if there is a fire by the door the only exit is to jump from the room above

Well I know in Pattaya there is a law that says you can't have a house wall or window within 2 m of the boundry.

When I designed my house extensions, I went to the Pattaya Engineering Department to get permission to build, and this is what they told me.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Well I know in Pattaya there is a law that says you can't have a house wall or window within 2 m of the boundry.

When I designed my house extensions, I went to the Pattaya Engineering Department to get permission to build, and this is what they told me.

Glad to hear it, Do they mandate that you have to have a door in the back.  That seems to be another area where in the past they did not care

2 minutes ago, d4dang said:

So the owners of the property can sell it before compensating the victims' families? 

Sell? With all those angry ghosts in residence?

No Thai would go anywhere near the place.

29 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Sell? With all those angry ghosts in residence?

No Thai would go anywhere near the place.

Buyers will have a ceremony with some monks. It will be interesting to see what happens.

55 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Glad to hear it, Do they mandate that you have to have a door in the back.  That seems to be another area where in the past they did not care

Don't know. 

We talked about redesign of my building, but then they found out I lived in an old part of Pattaya city where everyone has built right up to fence line etc so those rules didn't seem to apply to my build. My house is the origional show home for a project about 35 years ago. 

Maybe the same applies to Walking Street and old origional builts and if your plans just modify and don't rebuild. There's someway they get around the laws.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They might have left a carpet to sweep the incident under!

What, if anything, has been learned. What major changes have been made to prevent anything similar ever happening again? 

Nothing has changed, life is back to normal with other dramatic news to worry about.

That too will be forgotten soon.

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did it say that the owners had sold it or not provided any initial compensation?

The owners gave families 50-100kBaht initially. I am asking if they can sell the land now before they face legal action and could be ordered to pay compensation.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:00 AM, carlyai said:

Don't know. 

We talked about redesign of my building, but then they found out I lived in an old part of Pattaya city where everyone has built right up to fence line etc so those rules didn't seem to apply to my build. My house is the origional show home for a project about 35 years ago. 

Maybe the same applies to Walking Street and old origional builts and if your plans just modify and don't rebuild. There's someway they get around the laws.

That's the challenge so many of the bars and homes were built on the old standards