Canadian rollerblader fined 1,000 baht after spooking motorists on the Bangkok streets

webfact

21 hours ago, RobU said:

Another twerp who thinks he is entitled to break the law and do something he wouldn't dare do in his own country

He seems to be taking the "when in Rome" thing a bit too far.

Frankly, I am more concerned about the madness on the roads in general (which is Thais).

Thais are an awful influence and some farang clearly get caught up in it. No excuse though.

The only thing that gets me is when they see a farang doing something wrong, they are so quick to condemn, but they themselves are attrocious on the roads and unashamed about breaking the rules. 

They were probably just <deleted> off they couldn't drive as recklessly as they wanted with the rollerblader on the road.

Let's be honest, they don't care about the safety of others, or --.more bizarrely -- themselves on the road.

• Like 1

I used to do this, although it's about 10 years since I last skated in Bangkok. 

People who skate in traffic are usually very good skaters who know exactly what they are doing. 

I see so many people judging this guy based on their own skill level or fitness.   

And incidentally I saw a guy skating past Nana BTS on Sunday evening, pretty sure it wasn't this guy, so maybe a few more skillful skaters out there!