Somkid: scrap submarines budget and spend less on flagship projects to boost grassroots economy

webfact

3 hours ago, Gknrd said:

This is going to be interesting to watch.  The elite and the government favor China. How they step threw the mine field of China US relations and who they align with will be the question. My bet is they will align with China!  

My bet is they will argue who they support for the next 100 years…. Just like they still do for WW2

3 hours ago, jaideedave said:

The Gulf of Thailand has an average depth of 190 ft. Those boats if stood end on would protrude some ft above the sea surface.How would they find deep enough water to submerge?

Silly! With a crew of admirals and senior naval officers we will patrol just offshore of the Bahamas and pay frequent courtesy calls to local ports displaying our flag. 

"............the government must have a fund of ฿200 to ฿300 billion available to help those in debt and the less well off survive the coming storm..........."

Does he think that this Government actually CARE  about the less well off and those in debt? 

They didn't seem to care much about them during the Covid crisis times when they were having to stand in charity food queues which were mostly organised mostly by farangs ( in my neck of the woods anyway)

7 hours ago, Taxi said:

The IMF is headed by Bulgarian economist Kristalina Georgieva, the criminal Lagarde is now running the ECB, since about 2019.

Agree with your view, in fact I think your being a bit kind. The rosie forecasts are all a confidence game, if the world is going to <deleted> they won't tell you until they've bailed everyone out using our money.  

Yes,thanks for the correction,I’d forgotten she’d moved on. 
Reminds me of the saying that economic forecasting was only createc to make astronomy look respectable! Kwarteng the quasi economist only underlining that quip! 

11 hours ago, Gknrd said:

This is going to be interesting to watch.  The elite and the government favor China. How they step threw the mine field of China US relations and who they align with will be the question. My bet is they will align with China!  

I get the impression they already have. Quietly courting Putin too.

19 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Green submarines....use no fuel, create no carbon footprint when in use. The world should be lauding Thailand for its innovation as the user of the world's first engine less submarine, living up to the term "running silent"

Still, that's a lot of baking soda yo...

18 hours ago, mikebell said:

Giant elastic bands - we have loads of spare rubber.

Better still, lots of muscle boys rowing.

But not practical, they would have to get out of their air-con gyms, and way too complex to ensure they have the right colour co-ord singlet and short shorts every day, and the 'in' fashion haircut. 

On 10/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, jaideedave said:

The Gulf of Thailand has an average depth of 190 ft. Those boats if stood end on would protrude some ft above the sea surface.How would they find deep enough water to submerge?

Ubon?