Jailed and blacklisted: Frenchmen in attack on Thai man ordered held by court - driver is Hua Hin man with Thai wife

webfact

On 10/18/2022 at 7:29 PM, Bert got kinky said:

You haven't listed one single crime there.

You've missed the point. It's in the discretion of the immigration to send one off for any activity or behavior they deem inappropriate--whether one breaks the law or not.  

On 10/19/2022 at 6:22 AM, BritManToo said:

1. You're supposed to stop when you have a car accident.

2.  Why should he?

3. Maybe he has no medical training.

And why was the French car driver arrested?

1. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as i don't have the entire clip.  

2. It's a universal and human obligation to deescalate flaring violence--especially when the perpetrator is part of your company.

3. By law and reason, you shouldn't forsake the injured. It's your responsibility to summon help and assist as best you could. 

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

can we blame thais for what they do though??

that also seems to be something we cant do because they can't take any blame for anything! 

That might be a problem, but that is not the focus on this thread. However, I think that is all in how you talk and present the situation. I have no problem with getting them to take responsibility for their actions.

On 10/18/2022 at 3:50 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed… the wife ( of the Thai guy in ICU ) has clearly fabricated some utter BS and the media fell for it…. 

…… no one attacks ppl because they said their car is nice !!!

Normal people don't attack people for making a comment about there car.

Good or bad. 

Totally drunk idiots rotting in jail. 

Anyone who condones this has a scree loose! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Normal people don't attack people for making a comment about there car.

Normal people don’t deep-throat stupidity in quite the manner you are guzzling the prostatic fallacy the wife has fed the media... 

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Good or bad. 

Totally drunk idiots rotting in jail. 

Anyone who condones this has a scree loose! 

I agree...    so does everyone else on this thread. No one, not one person has suggested the fight was acceptable behaviour. 

• Thanks 2

Everyday, those French dudes wake up and wonder, <deleted>?  How come I am in jail over a stupid argument?  Could I have saved face and ignore the Thai guy?  Why did I park my car and block traffic?  Did I have to show everyone my Muay Thai skills on a local man?

I was in a situation where another Farang tried to show me up in the bar over a bar girl.  I politely told him to take the girl.  No problem dude, she is yours.  He went to her to prove he is the "Man" and she rejected him in front of everyone...at the Bar.  The smile on the bar customers was worth more than any fight.

FOLKS....WALK AWAY...FROM ANY FIGHT IN THAILAND UNLESS YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER.  SITUATIONAL AWARENESS IS A GOOD THING WHEN IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

Everyday, those French dudes wake up and wonder, <deleted>?  How come I am in jail over a stupid argument?  Could I have saved face and ignore the Thai guy?  Why did I park my car and block traffic?  Did I have to show everyone my Muay Thai skills on a local man?

I was in a situation where another Farang tried to show me up in the bar over a bar girl.  I politely told him to take the girl.  No problem dude, she is yours.  He went to her to prove he is the "Man" and she rejected him in front of everyone...at the Bar.  The smile on the bar customers was worth more than any fight.

FOLKS....WALK AWAY...FROM ANY FIGHT IN THAILAND UNLESS YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER.  SITUATIONAL AWARENESS IS A GOOD THING WHEN IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY.

Whilst I certainly agree with your sentiment about walking away from a fight etc, the problem here is we don't know what happened in the first place.

The Thai guy may have thrown the first punch, we just don't know.

Why the driver of the Porsche is still in custody is disturbing, he did not get involved, he was a bystander, like others there.

He may have been arrested initially for possible DUI, but I think that has bees discounted?

Edited by mikeymike100
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You don’t think someone who punches & kicks is a willing participant in a fight ? 

someone who attempts to kick someone else while they are on the floor if not a willing participant, then what ????

The Thai wife of course painted the husband as an innocent victim, any wife would do the same…. No blame of criticism there…. 

…. but just criticism of the stupid people who take her story as truth & fact. 

One of the videos shows the Frenchman on the floor, the Thai guy trying to kick him…  that part is clipped off in other videos. 

Believe what you want. According to you, all info from Thais are wrong, and your info is right. Good luck with that mindset. ????

44 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The wife was lying….  The video shows the Thai man fighting…. 

Yeah yeah, we will see what the court say. But, on the other hand, you will just say they are bias too. As long as you believe you are right, nothing bad can happen. ???? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Then you assume, that is to hide the assumed, false facts that the Thai man was willingly taking part in the fight. When that is thrown out by an explanation from the wife, then we are trying to say she is feeding the media with a false story.

You don’t think someone who punches & kicks is a willing participant in a fight ? 

someone who attempts to kick someone else while they are on the floor if not a willing participant, then what ????

The Thai wife of course painted the husband as an innocent victim, any wife would do the same…. No blame of criticism there…. 

…. but just criticism of the stupid people who take her story as truth & fact. 

One of the videos shows the Frenchman on the floor, the Thai guy trying to kick him…  that part is clipped off in other videos. 

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Believe what you want. According to you, all info from Thais are wrong, and your info is right. Good luck with that mindset. ????

No… that is your hyperbolic exaggeration & quite false….

Your mindset is clearly to lie about what I have said because you know your bias is so flawed. 

I’m simply stating that what the video shows does not tally with the Wife’s statement….. 

You’re both blind and gullible for thinking otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

This is why they legalized weed in Thailand.

Hopefully people will chill out and stop raising their kids with such violent culture. But that is how the right wing is, isn't it?

Agree...I have never, ever, ever seen a fight between two stoned guys growing up in the States...it is always Alcohol that triggers some a&&&le.  We need more Chips, Oreo Cookies and weed...problem solved.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No… that is your hyperbolic exaggeration & quite false….

Your mindset is clearly to lie about what I have said because you know your bias is so flawed. 

I’m simply stating that what the video shows does not tally with the Wife’s statement….. 

You’re both blind and gullible for thinking otherwise. 

Bias, must be your favorite word. Remember later, to say justice is blind as well. Because you know better. To me it seems like you came to Thailand to tell them how wrong they look at things.

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I really cannot believe that there are posters on here who want the French men jailed and deported, no matter what the evidence shows.

the mind-set is because they were not born here, they have no right for a fair trial.

For whatever the Frenchmen are genuinely guilty of, I hope that they pay the full price, but only after a fair investigation and trial.

I hope that the people that are naive enough to hope otherwise understand that it would set a dangerous precedent to convict people on their race, rather than their guilt.

I do not think anybody wants them jailed and deported just because they are not born here. At least, I have never posted that. Neither should they be judged regarding race or religion. They should simply be judged over that they put a Thai man in ICU. Is that far too naive, or can you understand that?