Jailed and blacklisted: Frenchmen in attack on Thai man ordered held by court - driver is Hua Hin man with Thai wife

webfact

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

OK. They got into a fight. It was the driving away, after the man hit the pavement and is clearly knocked out, or possibly dead, that is the troublesome part of all this. 

Yeah, that was a thought I had as well.. But it's not easily answered..

If two people are fighting and one party receives a finishing blow, do you immediately render assistance or, more likely, make yourself scarce?

This a very unfortunate incident.. I see the farang doing the fighting being deported, after a sizeable payment to the family.. And the farang with a Thai wife and children being allowed to also pay but be allowed to stay.. To do otherwise is to make his wife and children victims also.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

He getting charged for drink driving and driving at night with red plates.  The rest I guess is up in the air as of now (leaving scene of an accident/crime).  

Was the Frenchman getting charged for DUI ?

The report suggests they couldn’t as he was drinking later when they found him so couldn’t test him.

What about the second French man? What crime dud he commit ? Or was he the fighter?

Driving at night with red plates ? Is there actually a written law on that ?….. I’ve always understood it to be a myth….  Same as leaving the province….  The only regulation I know if is that the brown book must be filled in for the journey. 

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Both reengaged the fight when they could have walked away. 

I agree but ...

Thai bloke went down and got up again. French bloke started to turn his back on the Thai, appearing to walk away after being blocked by bystanders but Thai bloke piled in again which led to the head injury. When the Thai was down a second time, Frenchie seemed to back away again, at which point the video ends.

To me it appears the Thai fella 'reengaged' to a much greater extent than the Frenchman.

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It’s an impossible task…. 

In some threads we see the foreigner doing wrong & blast him / her.

In other threads we saw a Thai doing wrong & blast him / her.

in this case the story has been misreported with bias from the offset heavily loading opinion against the Frenchman and painting the Thai guy as an innocent victim of an unprovoked attack. 

Highlighting that the Thai man is also complicit for his seemingly willing involvement in the fight as shown by the video does not present an ongoing hatred against Thai people, that’s just your profiting & bias shining through. 

Highlighting that the Thai man is also complicit for his seemingly willing involvement in the fight Is simply doing that… nothing more than pointing out ‘it took two to tango’….

Its also worth pointing out what appears to be an unbalanced response from the refusing bail when in similar & worse cases a Thai is afforded bail - perhaps the very point that foreigners present an elevated flight risk accounts for this.

Yeah, sure Richie! I am bias and you deliver the right information. At least in your own world.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

But that attitude results in you doing the very thing you dislike other people doing, just on the other side of the same coin. As the saying goes "2 wrongs do not make a right". Everyone deserves to be treated equally regardless of colour, creed or sexual preference. 

No, never said it make anything right. Just weighing the scales, man.

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Any chance you could follow your own advice and stop making this forum so bitter? Plenty of innocent foreigners have been wronged by Thais. The French aren’t my favourites and ending up in ICU is excessive, but this case is clearly iffy. If the Thai guy attacked the farang, he’s only got himself to blame. 

Nah, that´s no chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Woof999 said:

You don't seem to like the number of white men allowed into Thailand. Perhaps you should look elsewhere?

Your posts are becoming more and more pro Thai / anti white man every day, regardless of the situation.

So, I live in Thailand. Shouldn´t I adjust and understand the way of living? I have chosen to live in Thailand, doesn´t that mean I prefer Thai people over others. I don´t know what reason you have, but maybe i was noble. To come and protect the falsely accused minority?

And, just tell me. What is wrong with being pro Thai?

Edited by Gottfrid

16 hours ago, Birdseye said:

What a stupid response. None of us have any idea of the precursors yet you in your infinite wisdom have decided to be judge and jury. Deport anyone who defends the " bad people " You cannot believe some of the tripe that is posted here 

I guess it´s a matter of opinion, right?

20 hours ago, BritScot said:

What an attitude! Very short memories of tourists being beaten to a pulp by gangs of Thai men and yes old western men and women just walking down the road set on and ending up in icu. Very bitter.

Yes, I remember that. I also remember how all members here was screaming about how bad the Thais who did that was. Now it´s foreigner putting a Thai in ICU, and then most out in force with little protective comments. You see the point there?

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just watch the video with an open mind. 

Do you see the Thai guy kicking out at the French guy ? 

Yes, and for that he deserves to be incredibly beaten up, in your opinion.

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes… and you have been called out for your bias, unhinged, unbalance anti-Foreigner opinion….  

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Thai guy was also fighting, you levied all blame at the Frenchman & have ignored the video evidence. 

I understand you want to apply balance and present a non-distorted opinion to counter what you believe are anti-Thai comments…. But, identifying that the media report leads with a false bias is not anti-Thai…   the Thai guy was also fighting - that is the balance. 

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You just admitted to attempting to balance the scales….

In your view if you present a bias comment to counter an opposing bias comment believing it provides some balance !!!! 

It doesn’t…  it just adds another unbalanced & bias comment.

IF you can’t see that the Thai guy was also fighting and you are suggesting the French guy is 100% at fault - you are not balancing any scales… you’re just coming across as anti-foreigner….

Just as you did in another thread where your supposed ‘balance’ was anti-British.

Your views which you claim offer balance clearly originate from a mind with an underlying agenda. 

Better to sum it up, as you move on every comment. This time it´s easy. You justify a person kicking out at someone, with beaten them senseless.  I still vote for deportation. After 1-2 years in Thai jail. Will do them really good. Now I am tired with this thread. Bye Bye!

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Better to sum it up, as you move on every comment. This time it´s easy. You justify a person kicking out at someone, with beaten them senseless.  I still vote for deportation. After 1-2 years in Thai jail. Will do them really good. Now I am tired with this thread. Bye Bye!

You can go back to trilling the others thread with anti-British comments….

But, before you do….

Do you think the Frenchman should receive a more severe penalty than a Thai guy would under similar circumstances???? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, and for that he deserves to be incredibly beaten up, in your opinion.

In my video, two punches and a half-hearted kick from the Frenchman don't constitute "incredibly beaten up". The Thai bloke fell badly - that's as much his fault as the Frenchman's, maybe more - which was more responsible for his injury than Frenchie's punch. 

BTW, the news report on Channel 3 showed the Frenchman on the floor at the beginning of the video so it's not as though it was an unmatched fight.

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1