Jailed and blacklisted: Frenchmen in attack on Thai man ordered held by court - driver is Hua Hin man with Thai wife

webfact

16 minutes ago, MartinL said:

n my video, two punches and a half-hearted kick from the Frenchman don't constitute "incredibly beaten up". The Thai bloke fell badly - that's as much his fault as the Frenchman's, maybe more - which was more responsible for his injury than Frenchie's punch. 

But of course. It´s his fault that he fell badly. He should have looked where he fell as he was knocked out.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can go back to trilling the others thread with anti-British comments….

But, before you do….

Do you think the Frenchman should receive a more severe penalty than a Thai guy would under similar circumstances???? 

Severe? Ok, it´s a matter of opinion. What is most severe? Jail or deportation? When it comes to being a foreigner, you are a guest. Something that means they can throw you out if they do not see you as a person they want in the country. Hard to do that with a Thai citizen, right? For me it does not matter if it is a Thai or a foreigner. My opinion is that the foreigner should out if doing wrong, and the Thai should in jail if doing wrong. For me, that´s an easy equation.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Many of us hoped you'd gone from this thread. To quote you " ... Now I am tired with this thread. Bye Bye!". Please don't feel you have to reply. It's OK by us. Wouldn't want you to get even more tired.

Easy! You quote, I reply. You know, that´s how it works. Please feel free to tell me if you need more explanations.

2 minutes ago, khunpa said:

No he should have backed off, same as the French guy should. Unfortunately for him he instead choose to attack the French guy who was walking away.

When you hit or kick somebody, there is always a risk of getting a beating or being locked up, if the opponent ends up in the ICU.

BOTH took made those choices and took those risks and now they are both facing the consequences.

Ok, Exactly! So, then it´s nothing wrong with the consequences for the Frenchmen ???? ????

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, Bert got kinky said:

What I don't understand is why they are both in trouble.

I have seen the footage that the Thia press have managed to overlook and I'm not really sure about who I believe was in the wrong at this time, I'm waiting for more information to come in.

However, I do not understand what the driver did apart from being there.

Is their some other footage that I have missed?

Is the driver being blacklisted for driving on red plates at night or did he do something that I haven't seen in any of the reports?

aiding and abetting..

On 10/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, 2009 said:

Doesn't the video of the actual incident show the Thai man getting involved in the fight?

In other words, he wasn't just attacked, right?

He was a willing participant.

probably not wanting to defending himself or his lady companion perhaps..who knows eh

I know people who fell off a motorbike, or fell down and hit their head on the pavement. One still cannot walk, or talk or function on her own, 7 years later, after falling from a motorbike accident, where she hit her head on the pavement going only 20 kph. The other one has lost alot of his mental capacity after hitting his head. One small fall, and he now seems 15 years older. I know another guy who went to the bathroom, slipped while moving away from a urinal on a tile floor, and fell. He died instantly at the age of 29.

When someone falls and hits their head on the pavement, all bets are off. When fighting one always has to be conscious of this possibility, if you knock someone down. And to knock someone down in a minor fight, watch the guy hit his head, and either pass out, or worse, then drive away, is positively unforgivable under 99% of circumstances. It is not as if they were fighting for their lives. Certain rules apply in a typical street fight.

Are we decent human beings, or vicious, cruel animals? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Sure, but you seem to have adjusted to match the portion of the Thai community that doesn't like foreigners.

It could mean many things.

Noble? That comes across as you thinking you're better than others. For all anyone else knows, maybe you came here to run away from something. I'd prefer not to judge. Who are the minority that you mention? The Thais, in Thailand?

Nothing, unless it's at the expense of other nations, which would come across negatively. There is a report today of a Thai drunk who killed 2 young Thais on their motorbikes. There was a report earlier in the week of a monk driving dangerously, killing 1 and severely injuring another. Why is it that your wrath appears to be more based on someone's nationality rather than their actions?

Nobody on this forum has EVER CHANGED their mind. I dont know why these arguments go on for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, I remember that. I also remember how all members here was screaming about how bad the Thais who did that was. Now it´s foreigner putting a Thai in ICU, and then most out in force with little protective comments. You see the point there?

I must be reading a different thread as what I'm reading are people screaming for the French men's blood and even read one saying anyone that didn't condem them should also be deported. There are big differences one was an old man and his wife in an unprovoked attack by a group of young men and the othere is one on one and its starting to unfold it was instigated by the thai  and it was the French man who was attacked from behind and yes that makes a big difference. 

17 hours ago, roo860 said:

About 53mins in.

Thanks for this. There is some confusion. But it seems at the beginning that the Frenchman grabs hold and pulls the Thai towards him. The Thai responds. Then the rest ensues, with the Thai man left on the sidewalk with a skull fracture. THEN a non disputable crime occurs. The Frenchman nonchalantly walks away, puffs out his chest, and flees the scene of a accident/crime. 

14 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Thais only get 5 years for murder as of reading this no one has been murdered 

Right and that only if they get found guilty in a court of law. It seems many on this thread have decided the the French guys fate already?

33 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Thanks for this. There is some confusion. But it seems at the beginning that the Frenchman grabs hold and pulls the Thai towards him. The Thai responds. Then the rest ensues, with the Thai man left on the sidewalk with a skull fracture. THEN a non disputable crime occurs. The Frenchman nonchalantly walks away, puffs out his chest, and flees the scene of a accident/crime. 

Seems like the French guy gets up from the floor?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Are we decent human beings, or vicious, cruel animals? 

The vast majority fall into the door #2

My Father said to me when I was young that if you can find people who you can totally rely on in life you are very lucky.

I am lucky - I found 3