Jailed and blacklisted: Frenchmen in attack on Thai man ordered held by court - driver is Hua Hin man with Thai wife

webfact

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Yes an it was edited to show the white foreigners in the worst possible way.

The Thai media hates white people, and every story they run reflects this hate.

Which is odd as many of their presenters appear to be half white.

That was the only article I could find at the time, maybe you have some other material you can share?

7 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

The video only shows the end of the fight (not attack) and is hosted on a very biased (and incorrect) report with the headline of 'Thai man in coma after foreign owners of Porsche he was admiring brutally attack him'.

Not one mention in the story of the Thai man even defending himself, never mind openly participating in the brawl.

The only part that I can see about tailgating is this little nugget:

According to Lakhana, Somkuan had said, “That car is so beautiful, when will we get a car like this?” They reportedly followed the Porsche to appreciate it for a bit longer before passing.

The Porsche then allegedly began tailgating the couple’s motorbike and honked at them until they pulled to the side of the road in front of a grilled pork stall.

According - reportedly - allegedly, all this coming from the woman who has been proved to be lying all along.

When this news first broke, my thoughts were that they should hang these French boys, the news reports made the event sound like both of these 'thugs' stopped their car and for absolutely no reason proceed to give the poor Thai a good stiff kicking.

I was expecting to see a video of the 2 guys jumping on his head while he was unconscious.

What I actually saw was not what is being reported.

index.jpg

I've been trying to find som more info online, but so far I have not found anything, not even another video posted by any other bystander or cctv. The whole story sounds fake, especially the thing about admiring the car. Maybe if you have some additional info you can post it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

I've been trying to find som more info online, but so far I have not found anything, not even another video posted by any other bystander or cctv. The whole story sounds fake, especially the thing about admiring the car. Maybe if you have some additional info you can post it?

If you search back over this thread, you will find it.

It has been posted quite a few times on here.

OK, traveller101 has now posted it.

Thank you traveller101

Edited by Bert got kinky

1 hour ago, traveller101 said:

Attached the unedited version of the video showing 'the unprovoked attack on a defenceless Thai'.

You be the judge

RPReplay_Final1666000616 (1).MOV 58.75 MB · 6 downloads

That is still an edited version.... 

There is another version which starts a few seconds earlier than this clip you have linked....

It shows the Frenchman on the floor and the Thai man attempting to kick him while he’s on the flaw (other Thai’s drag him off preventing him from landing his kick). 

51mins 28 seconds - into the the news video below. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, Bert got kinky said:

What I don't understand is why they are both in trouble.

I have seen the footage that the Thia press have managed to overlook and I'm not really sure about who I believe was in the wrong at this time, I'm waiting for more information to come in.

However, I do not understand what the driver did apart from being there.

Is their some other footage that I have missed?

Is the driver being blacklisted for driving on red plates at night or did he do something that I haven't seen in any of the reports?

The Thai man, Somkuan was rushed to Koh Samui Hospital, where he reportedly received emergency brain surgery to treat a brain hemorrhage and is still in critical condition. you can get a better outlook on this story at https://nextshark.com/frenchmen-assault-thai-man-coma/ 

13 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

The Thai man, Somkuan was rushed to Koh Samui Hospital, where he reportedly received emergency brain surgery to treat a brain hemorrhage and is still in critical condition. you can get a you can get a better outlook on this story at https://nextshark.com/frenchmen-assault-thai-man-coma/ 

better outlook on this story at https://nextshark.com/frenchmen-assault-thai-man-coma/ 

No it is not, the story in this link is incorrect and most of the video is missing.

This has already been addressed on this thread just 8 posts above yours.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1275074-jailed-and-blacklisted-frenchmen-in-attack-on-thai-man-ordered-held-by-court-driver-is-hua-hin-man-with-thai-wife/page/11/#comment-17675542

41 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Thai guy is also willing participant in a fight. He is also responsible for whatever happens in that fight, as is the French guy...  

You are struggling to understand the very simple concept that when two parties are willing participants in a fight, both are responsible for the outcome which in a fight can go either way.

This is where you repeat yourself and, according to me, are wrong every time. According to the law, the fault always falls on the one that hurt another person or is the reason for the same result. That you believe, out of your opinion, that both are responsible does not make it so. The fact, that one is of foreign nationality and only a guest in the country, does not make it better. I can think of a lot of nations that would react same in such situations. Even in the western world.

17 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

better outlook on this story at https://nextshark.com/frenchmen-assault-thai-man-coma/ 

No it is not, the story in this link is incorrect and most of the video is missing.

This has already been addressed on this thread just 8 posts above yours.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1275074-jailed-and-blacklisted-frenchmen-in-attack-on-thai-man-ordered-held-by-court-driver-is-hua-hin-man-with-thai-wife/page/11/#comment-17675542

But the guy is still in critical condition, as a result of the Frenchman´s punch? Is that correct? Is that not what is important here?

It´s the result of a one´s actions that counts. If an open hand with the guy still standing and no major injuries. Then not much of a fuss. Just a wai and 500 baht. Now it´s a hit that floors a guy, that results in a severe injury because of the punch. Still the result of an action, and no wai´s is gonna help here.

Edited by Gottfrid

23 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

aiding and abetting..

Are you posting this for a joke?

Please show me another case in Thailand (from any time) where someone has been convicted of aiding and abetting.

Also, please explain what you think aiding and abetting is.

Should the other (Thai) onlookers also be charged with aiding and abetting?

calm down old chap.. Cardiac....

if 2 people are in a car and one goes into a bank and robs it and one is driving..it's aiding and abetting..if 2 people chase a motor bike in a car and one gets out and almost kills someone and the other guy is driving it's aiding and abetting isn't it Just sayin  PS the onlookers were Not driving the car or did I miss something..

1 minute ago, Harveyboy said:

calm down old chap.. Cardiac....

if 2 people are in a car and one goes into a bank and robs it and one is driving..it's aiding and abetting..if 2 people chase a motor bike in a car and one gets out and almost kills someone and the other guy is driving it's aiding and abetting isn't it Just sayin  PS the onlookers were Not driving the car or did I miss something..

if 2 people are in a car and one goes into a bank and robs it and one is driving..it's aiding and abetting

Not if the driver drove to the bank without knowing his passenger was going to rob the bank.

if 2 people chase a motor bike in a car and one gets out and almost kills someone and the other guy is driving it's aiding and abetting isn't it

Again, no.

There is no evidence that the driver stopped so the passenger could fight with the Thai man.

In fact, it was reported that their might have been a slight accident, in which case the driver would have broken the law by not stopping.

PS the onlookers were Not driving the car or did I miss something..

And when the driver got out his vehicle he became another onlooker.

In fact, from the videos that are available, some of the onlookers played more of a part in the fight than the driver.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

if 2 people are in a car and one goes into a bank and robs it and one is driving..it's aiding and abetting

Not if the driver drove to the bank without knowing his passenger was going to rob the bank.

if 2 people chase a motor bike in a car and one gets out and almost kills someone and the other guy is driving it's aiding and abetting isn't it

Again, no.

There is no evidence that the driver stopped so the passenger could fight with the Thai man.

In fact, it was reported that their might have been a slight accident, in which case the driver would have broken the law by not stopping.

PS the onlookers were Not driving the car or did I miss something..

And when the driver got out his vehicle he became another onlooker.

In fact, from the videos that are available, some of the onlookers played more of a part in the fight than the driver.

ok so we agree to disagree no problem that's what these forums are for debate eh !! ..have a good day H

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

The Thai man tried to kick the French man when he was down, enough said and a reason for the French man to claim self defense. I would contribute to the French man's Go Fund Me account if he had one.

Well... we still need to know what started the incident. 

Did the Thai guy damage the car and try and escape, hence the chase down by the French guys ?

Did the French guys simply get angry at the Thai guy for something innocuous ?

There is still a lot missing from the story. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well... we still need to know what started the incident. 

Did the Thai guy damage the car and try and escape, hence the chase down by the French guys ?

Did the French guys simply get angry at the Thai guy for something innocuous ?

There is still a lot missing from the story. 

You are upsetting the 'hang em high' crowd by removing the conclusions that they need to jump to. ????

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, connda said:

If it was two Thai Hisos beating a farang unconscious and putting him into ICU, the pair would be out on bail.  The story would disappear from the MSM as some paltry compensation was negotiated and the farang victim would probably be thrown out of the country and blacklisted because he was unconscious and in ICU when his visa extension expired

so true m8. makes you sick this place at times doesnt it, double standards constantly! 

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your implication has been that the Thai guy its not complicit at all - this is clearly wrong. 

There was a fight in which both participants willingly fought. 

This is not an unprovoked attack as stated by the media. 

It seems you have refused to accept that the Thai man was also complicit for his behaviour in this incident.

Both the Frenchman and Thai mans aggression and willingness to fight presents the legal grounds for  mitigating circumstances of the other. 

I have not said the Thai man has no part in it. I can´t care less what the media writes, as they always turn things the best way to sell an extra subscription. In your country and many other it might be as you say, but I do not think mitigating circumstances exists in Thailand when they see a foreigner put a Thai in ICU. So, there we have it. Something that all who travel here should be very aware of. Otherwise, it will lead to problem, fines, jail and deportation.

It´s just to face it. We are living in Thailand (At least I think you do). We must accept their way of living and how they deal with things to fit in. I guess, I am just too well adjusted, then.

18 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

We have to understand. We can´t blame Thais for what we do.

can we blame thais for what they do though??

that also seems to be something we cant do because they can't take any blame for anything! 

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is not clear how this case will proceed as the victim is not yet out of danger and still unconscious while the two French nationals appear to be negotiating with the man’s wife through the police in Bophut to reach a resolution to prevent very serious charges being prosecuted against them"

Looks like they'll most likely avoid jail after some heavy brown envelopes are handed out. Might have to sell that new luxury car to afford them.