Jailed and blacklisted: Frenchmen in attack on Thai man ordered held by court - driver is Hua Hin man with Thai wife

webfact

Wrong!..they have not been 'jailed'. They are being remanded in custody pending a Court case. They have not been tried, nor convicted, nor sentenced...when are you going to get the terminology correct WebFact...geez!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MartinL said:

That's exactly what was shown on Channel 3 News this morning. I remember thinking "At least the foreigner walked away when his opponent was down, rather than putting the boot in". 

WebFact only showing a small part of it..i see...hmm!

28 minutes ago, MartinL said:

That's exactly what was shown on Channel 3 News this morning. I remember thinking "At least the foreigner walked away when his opponent was down, rather than putting the boot in". 

About 53mins in.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, btwretail said:

Fighting is also skill and knowing your limits.  I weigh 102kg and can throw a fairly hard punch. That does not change the fact that my boxing trainer at 62kg would beat the <deleted> out of me in a fight.

If I had been knocked down in one punch like the Thai was in this case, I am pretty sure I would have just stayed down and let the French guy just walk away. Instead he wanted to keep fighting and got punished for it. Had he not been unlucky and hit is head badly on the pavement, most would have said "Ohh well he asked for it".

That just means you cannot fight. King hitting a little guy on a road is probably 5% to 10% likely to kill or icu.

1 hour ago, koele2 said:

The funny thing is the wife said her husband asked the two French guys if they needed help.  In my head I can hear the Thai guy asking “do you guys have a problem?”  That question can mean a lot of different things.

Yeah it means do you have a problem 555

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btwretail said:

Not saying anything justifies what the French guy did. Just saying that this was NOT an unprovoked attack on an innocent peaceful Thai-guy. And the media is for sure not showing it in the right perspective.

Since when is the media here reliable, uncensored, not biased and even the slightest bit objective? 

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

anyone got a link for the original, start to finish, as hate to come in on the middle of a conversation.

Remember a Hua Hin incident, where all were negative about Thais during a punch up, but when whole vid was played, then obviously the farang tourists started it, the Thais simply finished it.

You mean the one where some Thais in their late 20s to 30’s banged out some old people who got into a little scuffle? If it is , I remember that. 

4 hours ago, tandor said:

Wrong!..they have not been 'jailed'. They are being remanded in custody pending a Court case. They have not been tried, nor convicted, nor sentenced...when are you going to get the terminology correct WebFact...geez!

They were transferred to the Samui jail from the holding cells in Chaweng police station. 

14 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Doesn't matter who started the fight. You get into it with someone and they end up in ICU, expect consequences.

I am no expert in Thai law, but in any law books from other countries that I know there is the right of self-defense. If someone attacks you, you naturally have the right to defend yourself. Wouldn't make sense in any other way really, so I bet it is the same in Thailand.

So it definitely matters who started the fight.

If the Thai guy started the fight and the frenchmen just defended theirself after being provoked and attacked, they are basically completely innocent and all of you guys calling for them to rot in jail and being deported and blacklisted while having family in this country are not just wrong by law, but inhumane as well.

Most likely just jealous of the Porsche and that you couldn't defend yourself in any situation.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

1. You're supposed to stop when you have a car accident.

2.  Why should he?

3. Maybe he has no medical training.

And why was the French car driver arrested?

And why was the French car driver arrested?

Unless they are privy to more information on this case, this is the question that the French Embassy should be demanding an answer to.

However, if the French Embassy are as 'sharp' as their British counterparts, the driver should look at selling the motor and hiring a good lawyer.

Disclaimer: I sometimes get the words 'sharp' and 'incompetent' mixed up

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The pair were holidaying in Samui after arriving on October 4th. The 28 year old's wife and children had already returned to Hua Hin.

She's going to have to live without him for a very long time..

both guys were complete idiots.

ruined the lives of other people and will spend a considerable amount of time in the pokey... for what?

6 hours ago, FarAway said:

I am no expert in Thai law, but in any law books from other countries that I know there is the right of self-defense. If someone attacks you, you naturally have the right to defend yourself. Wouldn't make sense in any other way really, so I bet it is the same in Thailand.

So it definitely matters who started the fight.

If the Thai guy started the fight and the frenchmen just defended theirself after being provoked and attacked, they are basically completely innocent and all of you guys calling for them to rot in jail and being deported and blacklisted while having family in this country are not just wrong by law, but inhumane as well.

Most likely just jealous of the Porsche and that you couldn't defend yourself in any situation.

Sure there's the right to self-defence. There's also 'reasonable force' and proportionality. Either party had the chance to walk away. Both parties chose not to. The French guys - for whatever reason - appear to have stopped their car in order to have a confrontation. They could have just driven on.

I think they're unlucky in that the French guy doesn't appear - in the video - to be trying to 'viciously assault' the Thai guy. But the Thai guy still ended up in ICU. In any country if you get in a fight and another party ends up in ICU, you're going to court.

PS - i'm not jealous of the Porsche. Don't like them. Now if it was a Maserati ...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Not correct. A hard punch from a 80kg guy on a 55kg is not self defense. Thats attack. If you dont know this you know nothing about fighting.

Boxers weighing 95kgs dont fight 70kg guys for a reason. The great Carnelo went up in weight got schooled.

Punches in street fights are far more dangerous than any body kick.

And you know nothing of the law,because effectively you’re suggesting that smaller guys have carte Blanche to attack people that outweigh them - what are you suggesting the permissible weight difference should be , 5,10,20 kilos ?..should there be a weigh in before the victim can decide how to respond? Because the law has to be precise. And there’s legal precedent which eviscerates your argument. Duncan Ferguson,the 6'4" Everton striker hospitalised a smaller burglar he found in his home and who tried to attack him. The burglar tried to bring charges - guess where that went..? Now before you fall into the trap of saying "yeah but the burglar was committing a crime" , what was the smaller attacker doing when he assaulted the other guy ? A crime perhaps? 
Is it sinking in yet..? ???? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Sure there's the right to self-defence. There's also 'reasonable force' and proportionality. Either party had the chance to walk away. Both parties chose not to. The French guys - for whatever reason - appear to have stopped their car in order to have a confrontation. They could have just driven on.

I think they're unlucky in that the French guy doesn't appear - in the video - to be trying to 'viciously assault' the Thai guy. But the Thai guy still ended up in ICU. In any country if you get in a fight and another party ends up in ICU, you're going to court.

PS - i'm not jealous of the Porsche. Don't like them. Now if it was a Maserati ...

What crime do you think the French driver committed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

I think you made your point. Either you just trying to antagonise everybody here with your stupid defence of the French Thug or you are are indeed one of these foreigners living here who constantly look down on the locals and behave like the master race and behave like thugs.  stop being a bell and move on from repeating the same over and over. 

What crime do you think the French driver committed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1