Jailed and blacklisted: Frenchmen in attack on Thai man ordered held by court - driver is Hua Hin man with Thai wife

webfact

7 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

If they do manage to get out on bail, I am pretty sure the Thai authorities will confiscate their passports!

The Court can ban them from leaving Thailand and impose reporting conditions, but not confiscate their documents. Only a Thai citizen must hand over their Passport.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Had, a thai wife, not has. She will be off ithe money now he is incarcerated - and I would not blame her running off rather than being with a savage. Hope they both get 20 years in hell

You think she’ll be looking for a new Franc?

21 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

They both confessed to the crime, according to article. Source article says they where tailgating the motorcycle and sounding their horn, whereby the motorcycle stopped at the side of the road, because the driver thought they needed help. He went up to the Porsche, now parked across the road, holding up all traffic, and asked in English if they needed help. Then the passenger got out and the rest is obvious from the video. Driver I think is as much part of the assault as the passenger, firstly he tailgated and honked, and then failed to just drive away, allowing the passenger do what he did.

But there seems to be more to this story, why the tailgating and honking? Did the Thai guy really just walk up and offer help, or was there something else entirely?

Source article says they where tailgating the motorcycle and sounding their horn

And who made that 'new' statement?

Why is this only being mentioned now?

Too much missing from this story.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Had, a thai wife, not has. She will be off ithe money now he is incarcerated - and I would not blame her running off rather than being with a savage. Hope they both get 20 years in hell

You are assuming they are guilty? Its apparent that its not at all clear what exactly happened and why. It could be the French guys started the fight, or maybe an argument ensued? Anyway until it goes to court and a judge declares them guilty, they re not?

Have a road rage punch up and get locked in the Monkey House with no Bail and blacklist recommended. = Farang

Murder 25 people by Fire in a Night Club and still able to walk around free = Thai

If the Laws were more consistent, maybe , just maybe, people would have more respect

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sure! Would have sounded a little bit different if the tables were turned, right? As usual, defend the mad foreigners at all costs. My vote is on that everyone who defends such bad people coming to Thailand should be deported as well.

Now now,at it again i see Mr Angry.Get off that high horse.You might like it down here with the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

Have a road rage punch up and get locked in the Monkey House with no Bail and blacklist recommended. = Farang

Murder 25 people by Fire in a Night Club and still able to walk around free = Thai

If the Laws were more consistent, maybe , just maybe, people would have more respect

The people who died in the fire were not "murdered" , it wasn't intentional 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sure! Would have sounded a little bit different if the tables were turned, right? As usual, defend the mad foreigners at all costs. My vote is on that everyone who defends such bad people coming to Thailand should be deported as well.

You seem to be assuming the two French guys are guilty? Now they may be, but at the moment things are unclear as to exactly what happened?. As per usual social media has done its job though!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, 2009 said:

Just when you think the laws here couldn't be any dumber...

When I bought a new car the Dealer clearly told me "Do not drive with red plates at Night" I think it was after 9PM and also if I wanted to go to another district i had to write that down in red plate driving journal BEFORE I left. I see nothing wrong with that when driving on temporary licens plates.

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Got to agree with you there! There is a dual justice system in Thailand, depending upon if you are Thai and how much money you have?

3 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

Correct - he kicked the French guy and got punched in response.

Trying to walk away got kicked again by the Thai. In response got punched again by the French, fell and hit his head.

As per actual video footage.

Exactly!!! The Thai-guy was no angel in this at all. He was just a bad fighter.

But funny how the media can twist things and make 95% here believe the 2 farangs attacked the guy.

• Thanks 1

If the Frenchmen did as they were accused, I hope they are severely punished. For some reason, Samui has always attracted a bad element.

We don't need the bad PR. Especially those of us who treat the Thais with a great deal of affection and respect. Don't beat up the Thais! Lock up the goons. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

…..‘something’ happened, as yet the trigger is unclear, there was a fight… the Thai guy lost.

Indeed, we're not allowed to see how it started, I can only imagine why and I'll bet it doesn't support the reported narrative.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If the Frenchman did as they were accused, I hope they are severely punished. We don't need the bad PR. Especially those of us who treat the Thais with a great deal of affection and respect. Lock them up. 

I agree, but its the word "If" that is the problem. Its not clear what started the fight, or why it started, we really only know how it ended, with the Thai guy sadly hitting his head seriously. Whats makes things worse is that the video has been edited for some reason?

I wonder why they were both arrested?

Is it a crime to simply watch or be present at a street brawl these days?

I once saw a brawl between a few Thais where one killed the other with a machete, nothing to do with me, I carried on drinking my beer in the distance. The injured party went to hospital and died later.

The cops didn't look for witnesses, nobody cared as it was a group of low level scumbags fighting between themselves, the machete guy did a couple of years in prison and was released long ago.

15 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

I agree, but its the word "If" that is the problem. Its not clear what started the fight, or why it started, we really only know how it ended, with the Thai guy sadly hitting his head seriously. Whats makes things worse is that the video has been edited for some reason?

Well, it could be a cover up. Who knows? But, the reality is we are guests in Thailand. And everything must be done to maintain respect. Even if confronted by a Thai, every effort must be made to defuse the situation. Unfortunately, there have always been a disproportionate number of aggressive foreigners, and Thais on Samui. I had to defuse some Thais who wanted to fight a number of times there. Did it with a sober head, humility and apologies for a perceived slight, to an overly sensitive ego, belonging to an emotionally under developed man. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I wish to learn the story from the foreigners side. They probably have a totally different version. I think many people here are jealous of them having a brand new Porsche, and can't stand people doing better than themselves.

Rich daddy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Now further details have emerged about the two men in the luxury car who Siam Rath named in English as 34 year old Bugeya Vincent Raymond, the passenger who assaulted Somkhuan, and Vincent Julien Gerard Rene, 28, the driver.

There is no French citizens named like that. Fake names.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 2009 said:

Doesn't the video of the actual incident show the Thai man getting involved in the fight?

In other words, he wasn't just attacked, right?

He was a willing participant.

If he was attacked defending himself doesn't make him a willing participant

23 minutes ago, khunpa said:

You really need to watch the ENTIRE video and not just the ending. This Thai-guy wanted to fight, even when the French guy tried to walk way. 

This Thai-guy is not an innocent victim and he wife is a very bad liar. She should be charged with lying to the police, which of course will never happen.

Do you have a link to the entire video?

• Like 1