Liz Truss: What the world is saying about UK turmoil

Scott

47 minutes ago, RayC said:

Good idea. Let's employ those who have unfortunately lost an arm as fruit pickers. If they are city based they could be road sweepers.

NO . I said those with out an excuse. If you'd like to re read my comment I excluded those with a disability then means they can work.

Edited by puchooay

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

Not difficult. Just stop benefits for those with no excuse, ie disability, for unemployment and get them to work.

Problem is the people that play the system know how to exploit the system

They know the system. It used to be the 'bad back' excuse but now it's mental health issues. Can't be disproved and totally against current trends to assist those with them

7 minutes ago, puchooay said:

OK. Good. I was confused with the comments about pensioners. Those people were not in my mind.

I was sort of making the point that there are some retired people living in Thailand , sitting back in the sun and telling other people back in the U.K to get out in the fields and pick those crops .

How about those retired guys coming back to the UK and helping out and picking the crops ? 

Cutting their pensions should help with encouraging them ?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, puchooay said:

No, they were not.

Oh yes they were. :))

If two were forced to leave (because of circumstances etc, rather than by demand of the government) then my statement is correct....I'm certain at least two were. 

"U.K. Lost 200,000 EU Nationals as Brexit and the Pandemic Struck

Official statistics show the scale of migration in 2020

Loss of workers is creating staff shortages for some sectors

By

Andrew Atkinson

September 17, 2021 at 5:52 PM GMT+7"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-17/u-k-lost-200-000-eu-nationals-as-brexit-and-the-pandemic-struck?leadSource=uverify wall

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20170330-the-foreign-workers-leaving-britain-because-of-brexit

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
https://www.ft.com/content/a37c2aee-565f-11e7-80b6-9bfa4c1f83d2

"A survey by Baker McKenzie, a law firm, also found last month that more than half of the skilled EU workers employed by companies on the FTSE 250 stock market index are likely to leave Britain before the Brexit negotiations end. A separate survey of 2,000 non-British workers, by Deloitte, the professional services group, found that 47 per cent of highly skilled EU workers were considering leaving the UK within the next five years".

https://www.ft.com/content/a37c2aee-565f-11e7-80b6-9bfa4c1f83d2

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, puchooay said:

NO . I said those with out an excuse. If you'd like to re read my comment I excluded those with a disability then means they can work.

I accept that it's not what you meant to say but the fact is you did:

"Just stop benefits for those with no excuse, ie disability ..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

They know the system. It used to be the 'bad back' excuse but now it's mental health issues. Can't be disproved and totally against current trends to assist those with them

Earn £250,000 a year for a decade, make use of the available tax loopholes to the wealthy and tgen come back and tell us about playing the system’.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

These days you get assessed by medics to see whether you are fit for work or not , even with mental health issues , you need a medical assessment to prove your claim 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Oh yes they were. :))

If two were forced to leave (because of circumstances etc, rather than by demand of the government) then my statement is correct....I'm certain at least two were. 

"U.K. Lost 200,000 EU Nationals as Brexit and the Pandemic Struck

Official statistics show the scale of migration in 2020

Loss of workers is creating staff shortages for some sectors

By

Andrew Atkinson

September 17, 2021 at 5:52 PM GMT+7"

They left voluntarily during the Covid lockdowns , no work to do so went back home again .

No one was forced to leave the U.K. 

How to claim Universal credit with a mental health condition

You won't have to work or prepare for work - this is classed as having limited capability for work-related activity (LCWRA).

https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/universal-credit-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-universal-credit-claim/how-to-claim-universal-credit-with-a-mental-health-condition/

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

How to claim Universal credit with a mental health condition

You won't have to work or prepare for work - this is classed as having limited capability for work-related activity (LCWRA).

https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/universal-credit-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-universal-credit-claim/how-to-claim-universal-credit-with-a-mental-health-condition/

Would you like to make a point ?

You C&Ped a sentence without giving context or an opinion 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you like to make a point ?

You C&Ped a sentence without giving context or an opinion 

The point being the people that play the system know the rules

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Earn £250,000 a year for a decade, make use of the available tax loopholes to the wealthy and tgen come back and tell us about playing the system’.

Excellent.

You have finally defined what you mean as wealthy. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You link also contains this 

However, in most circumstances you will need to fill in a UC50 form and attend a Work Capability Assessment - a test called to decide if you can claim Universal Credit with a limited capability for work element.

So, they are tested to see whether they are playing the system or not and the tests are quite rigorous and they spy on people who make claims  , watch them to make sure they really are disabled 

I am talking about people with Mental Health issues not people that are disabled

Would love to know how DWP can spy on people to identify if they have a metal health issue or not

50 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I am talking about people with Mental Health issues not people that are disabled

Would love to know how DWP can spy on people to identify if they have a metal health issue or not

Yes, and those people with mental health issues go to the office and have checks done to make sure they aren't faking it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

The question now must be whether the remaining MP's will flock to Penney Mordaunt or not and make a real race out of it.

They probably won’t, but you never know. 

However, a quick transition of power will create the illusion of unity. However it will be just that, an illusion…

Sunak now has 160 nominations, could well be the only candidate available. 

• Like 2