Liz Truss resigns as Britain’s Prime Minister after disastrous six-week tenure

Scott

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

An excellent article in the Guardian today about the worst PM ever to blight the UK.

I am not sure why she has popped up again now, and why she thinks she is worth paying attention to, but I believe the maxim goes something like 'never interrupt a Tory when they are making a fool of themselves and their party'.

Almost a year after her disastrous mini-budget, ex-PM says she was right and the economy and everyone else was wrong

Are you still smarting over a year-old thread............:huh:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Yes, I'm sure she's still rejoicing in her short and disastrous tenure. And it does shed an interesting light on the intertwining of public service and private interest that even a laughingstock like Truss can profit greatly from her time in office.

And good luck to them.................:intheclub:

I actually feel sorry for her.  She doesn't seem very bright (which we all know is not a crime in itself), reminds me too much of the female politician in "The Thick of It."  Much like Boebert and Palin in the US without the MAGA/Tea Party tantrums.  BoJo pushed her in as something between ensuring Britain's worst PM would not be himself and a practical joke, which is what his time at #10 can be seen as.

In comparison to US Republicanism in this century (so far) imagine a claim that the Bush family machinery promoted the election of the orange guy so that it could no longer be said W was the worst POTUS.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The forelock tugging, cap doffing working class never ceases to confound me. I simply can't understand why (the collective) you are so vociferous in your defence of the people who have been fleecing you your entire life, and who fully intend to do the same to your offspring. 

Without those money folk we would not have had a living, it is your lefty union lot that ruined much of industry, I know, I was there.  ????

You should sit back and think a little..........:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The forelock tugging, cap doffing working class never ceases to confound me. I simply can't understand why (the collective) you are so vociferous in your defence of the people who have been fleecing you your entire life, and who fully intend to do the same to your offspring. 

Talking of "fleecing", have they found the money that was nicked from the coffers of SNP yet?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Talking of "fleecing", have they found the money that was nicked from the coffers of SNP yet?

I have no idea - I am not in the SNP. Have they tried looking in Matt Hancock's local boozer or down the back of his mum's sofa?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I have no idea - I am not in the SNP. Have they tried looking in Matt Hancock's local boozer or down the back of his mum's sofa?

You really are stretching it now. Linking Hancock and SNP.

You don't have video of him and Nicola having a snog in the corridor, do you?

Nah. Even he has standards.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

You really are stretching it now. Linking Hancock and SNP.

You are right - one is an allegation of party funds being used for means other than collected, and which is being heavily investigated by the police, the other is billions of pounds of our money which was handed to friends and family of Tory MPs and is being ignored by the police. But you keep tugging that forelock.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You are right - one is an allegation of party funds being used for means other than collected, and which is being heavily investigated by the police, the other is billions of pounds of our money which was handed to friends and family of Tory MPs and is being ignored by the police. But you keep tugging that forelock.

Your SNP lot have been FOUND to be on the fiddle, police involved......????

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You are right - one is an allegation of party funds being used for means other than collected, and which is being heavily investigated by the police, the other is billions of pounds of our money which was handed to friends and family of Tory MPs and is being ignored by the police. But you keep tugging that forelock

Probably because one is blatant theft and the other is something you've made up.

30 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Probably because one is blatant theft and the other is something you've made up.

Your first statement is clear contempt of court; your second statement is woefully ignorant.

Edit: sorry, not contempt of court because no charges have been made. However it's definitely libelous.

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

This thread is about the disastrous, albeit incredibly short, tenure of the worst PM in living memory. 

Which you brought up again after a year, because you envy her salary which is laid out in the rules, not by you, the rules that apply to ANY PM....????

It really is comical.........????

4 hours ago, transam said:

Which you brought up again after a year, because you envy her salary which is laid out in the rules, not by you, the rules that apply to ANY PM....????

It really is comical.........????

No, I brought up again because she and her 49 days of incompetence are in the news again.  

Note the headline from yesterday's FT:

Liz Truss makes defiant return to political fray

Nowhere does it say that I dragged her back into the nation's consciousness. She did that all on her own.

• Like 1