Wang Prachan border bounce completed

16 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Wang Prachan?

Never heard of it.

Had to google it..Satun province.

Why not Padang Besar?..or did the driver made the decision.

I see the ...err....'fees' have increased considerably

Padang Besar immigration are very strict about staying in Malaysia 1 to 3 nights. It's also very busy. Last time we had to queue for ages

5 hours ago, Leon1980 said:

Padang Besar immigration are very strict about staying in Malaysia 1 to 3 nights. It's also very busy. Last time we had to queue for ages

Have you had problems in PB? I have heard about 1 days stay needed but 3 days was news to me. Has it happened to you? 

This was posted in an other tread.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:44 AM, sandyf said:

I went to PB on 5th Feb 2020, arrived on the morning Hat Yai shuttle and left on the afternoon one, just wandered about the market for a couple of  hours.

2 hours ago, bokningar said:

Have you had problems in PB? I have heard about 1 days stay needed but 3 days was news to me. Has it happened to you? 

When I was going to Penang in 2019 the immigration at PB were the strictest and rudest ever and that was just leaving, not arriving, no visa run. 

They made it clear that I could not come back that day. Malaysians and Thais have their own fast queue. Westerners are taking into an office and interviewed and finger printed. 

I would never go back there again. I have heard many bad stories from that border since. One guy I know had to queue 3.5 hours with no shade.

The reviews pretty much say the same.   https://g.co/kgs/SVJ4Ca

Edited by Leon1980

2 hours ago, bokningar said:

No, as I said I was only in malaysia for a few hours.

Nobody queues for any length of time at the border in the railway station, immigration only opens about an hour before the train goes.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Leon1980 said:

When I was going to Penang in 2019 the immigration at PB were the strictest and rudest ever and that was just leaving, not arriving, no visa run. 

They made it clear that I could not come back that day. Malaysians and Thais have their own fast queue. Westerners are taking into an office and interviewed and finger printed. 

I would never go back there again. I have heard many bad stories from that border since. One guy I know had to queue 3.5 hours with no shade.

Agreed. 

I think the last time I went to PB, was about that time, I got pulled into the office and repeatedly asked why I had a ME visa.

I also made that my last visit, and started using Wang Prachan, I'm glad I moved to extension, I wouldn't welcome paying a 1000B+ backhander.

Policies change tho'

I waited for 3 hours, was at Sadao going out to Penang on a bank holiday and the place was full of Malaysians, so it does happen.

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leon1980 said:

It is worth emphasising that Padang Besar is two separate immigration crossings (the rail crossing and the road crossing). The road crossing has long been unfriendly. The rail crossing is better, but only open very limited hours for the arrival and departure of the shuttle from the Thai side.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, visabouncer said:

2000k is the admin fee at the Thai immigration to get a 45 days visa exemption stamp after intermediate turnaround, right?
And what about those with Non-O(or Non-B) ME visas? Are they also necessary to pay the admin fee?

If it isn't just corruption money you will get a receipt right?

22 minutes ago, bokningar said:

If it isn't just corruption money you will get a receipt right?

I don't need a receipt. But I hope it is like in the old good times when Phuket->Ranong border runs were very popular. I remember that everyone in the queue paid admin fee for a visa exemption stamp. But when they see my passport they just said - "Oh, you have visa!" and did not asked me to pay.

Edited by visabouncer

1 hour ago, visabouncer said:

2000k is the admin fee at the Thai immigration to get a 45 days visa exemption stamp after intermediate turnaround, right?

I am pretty sure I know what you mean, but 2,000,000 as a bribe in most currencies would be pretty excessive.

• Haha 1