Thai police arrest the final suspect of 6 in the 2009 murder of Canadian businessman in Phuket

webfact

That's a releif! After 13 years of performing charity work in other provinces  (since Feb 2009), I am glad Mr. Seemaek is in custody. Not uncommon for Thais to move to province where police have little interest in crimes conducted outside their jurisdiction. Especially against foreigners unless, as most probably as in this case,  there is big money involved. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

I thought thailand had a statute of limitations on criminal offenses. Something like 7 years???

I know that in the US there is no limitation for murder. In Thailand it is twenty years for crimes punishable by death or life imprisonment, or twenty years. Fifteen years for crimes punishable by sentences of seven to twenty years. Fairly long "limitations".

20 hours ago, aussienam said:

The prevalence of 'hitmen for hire' here in Thailand is astounding.  It is not uncommon as well for drunken Thai women and men to announce their ability to arrange somebody to kill you (often a mention of the 'taxi mafia').  Has happened to me and others (the threat only thankfully!!).  I once was introduced to a drunk Thai man at a bar who announced his services - don't know why he wanted to tell me!  He brandished a huge knife under his shirt and mentioned his ability to acquire firearms and carry out other illegal matters.   I politely left.  

If you have the right money, it seems you can have anyone knocked off here.  We are in a developing country with a lot of third world mentality and huge corruption and crime.  Doing business here and dealing with undesirables is asking for trouble.  

Good to see BIB homicide have rounded up the last known suspect.  Let's see how the court process pans out. 

Be careful in McDonald's.

I enquired at patong maccas where my drink was and the girl got angry and said "my family is taxi".

I just laughed. So weird.

• Haha 1