No business sense

Sparktrader

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why not visit the mother lode?

Plenty available, and easier to stay than Thailand.

Never liked Phil women before. The ones in Oz are ugly. The ones in Phuket super hot! Omg super friendly too.

Maybe next time. I got a cute gf.

Anyway you learn something new everyday.

27 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Why would i pay 10,000 baht to stay 4 nights? Thats 2500 baht a night lol

Sounds about right for a decent place for the 3 of us. I've changed my cheaper room thinking to renting what I like, Marriott has a fantastic breakfast buffet, pools are  nice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Pre-covids it was normal for hotels to have low season prices and high season prices.

Post-covids why should this be any  different ?

Yes some hotels but if you dont do deals with regular customers you lose them.

A 100% rigid pricing system isnt practical in Thailand.

2 months ago - please come back they said. Today sorry sir price up Nov 1.

Fine goodbye. Go broke next low season.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What are you on about? Im paying 2000 baht for 4 nights. You want me to pay 10,000 baht lol

Try reading the topic next time.

Try reading your own OP, and show me where you make any statement about the number of nights you were staying at either hotel.

I am simply pointing out at 10,000 baht/ month, the average daily cost of a more spacious apartment is approximately 330 baht/night.

If you want to move around a lot to avoid debt collectors and enraged husbands, I understand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Sign in lift - extend your stay and we will match online rate! Smart.

I guess booking.com takes 10% 

Not sure if this i correct but a hotel in UK told me booking .com take 18%

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Try reading your own OP, and show me where you make any statement about the number of nights you were staying at either hotel.

I am simply pointing out at 10,000 baht/ month, the average daily cost of a more spacious apartment is approximately 330 baht/night.

If you want to move around a lot to avoid debt collectors and enraged husbands, I understand.

Made no mention of monthly condo rates. Travellers move around. Im a traveller. Now you are ranting about enstranged husbands, again off topic.

330 baht times 30 is 9900 baht. Thats a lot of money for the average traveller. That is more than a pair of glasses or 49 massages.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

you think they gunna go broke because your to skint pay the increased high season price?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, best laugh all day !!

You know nothing about Thailand. Lots of hotels barely break even. Low season 10% to 20% occupancy lots of places.

44 minutes ago, ed strong said:

This is business, that's how it works, if a product is in demand the price increases if no one wants it then price decreases.

Not in Thailand. The pricing structure is all over the place. Some hotels cheaper online, some cheaper in person, some the same.

Many discount for stays of 2,3,4 nights some dont.

I went to a hotel low season 3500 baht walk in, online 1400 baht. Hotel was almost empty.

Half the staff dont know what to do.

• Like 1

yo Sparky - it is just a different business sense... it is season, they charge seasonal prices... and really, how many days have you spent there in the last 5 years that you consider yourself a valued customer? 

Were you spending more than other customers for the room? Or you wanted to spend less than the other customers? 

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Not in Thailand. The pricing structure is all over the place. Some hotels cheaper online, some cheaper in person, some the same.

Airlines work that way in USA - tkt prices for the same flight can change by the minute... 

If you are trading whatever you trade sparkily, you probably have more price fluctuation in 5 minutes than this price difference... 

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

yo Sparky - it is just a different business sense... it is season, they charge seasonal prices... and really, how many days have you spent there in the last 5 years that you consider yourself a valued customer? 

Were you spending more than other customers for the room? Or you wanted to spend less than the other customers? 

It doesnt matter now. Better deals elsewhere. Im sick of Phuket anyway.

Nakhon Nowhere is better. Getting asked 100 times a day for a massage or to buy some <deleted> no thanks.

I looked at Thai Airways flights, they were double normal price. Trying to play catch up.

Im travelling heaps next 6 months so saving 330 baht a night adds up. 90 times 330 is a lot.

6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Changed hotels today. 550 baht to 800 baht cause November they said. Lost me a repeat customer. Found one 470 baht near dentist i visit.

Well, if I had more business sense I would certainly not be sweating over the price of such cheap accommodation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Well, if I had more business sense I would certainly not be sweating over the price of such cheap accommodation.

In Thailand we have a choice you can pay 15,000 a night or 100 baht a night up to you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

You know nothing about Thailand. Lots of hotels barely break even. Low season 10% to 20% occupancy lots of places.

Says the person whom thinks staying 4 nights at a hotel makes them a loyal and valued customer.

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Says the person whom thinks staying 4 nights at a hotel makes them a loyal and valued customer.

Most non brand name hotels really struggle to make money outside dec/jan. They need business from booking sites or goodwill. Thats why there are so many run down hotels.