E Visa NON O single entry

I am just applying on line in the UK for  NON O single entry., I have just go to a part which is asking to showing  10K, is this required on a 90 day entry???? , I am married to a Thai for the past 10 years, and have submitted Marriage cert (Thai) and copy of wife's ID. use to apply direct with the Royal Thai Embassy in London in person, and have used multiple entry and also 1 year extensions based on marriage in the past.

I am returning now to after a quick 3 week visit after a 3 year wait due to COVID, and will do an extension of stay for 12 months at the end of the 3 month period. 

Some of the questions seemed more aimed at OA and maybe multiple... any one with experience in the Single entry give me a bit of advice please

The 10k pounds is for a non-o visa for retirement and is a error on the e visa site.

You will only need to show at least 20k baht or the equivalent in a bank account.

Anything else that appears to be for retirement could be answered by uploading a page stating it only for retirement.

You can enter on 30 day non-visa exempt and then change to Non O at your local I/O.  Saves all the messing about with the London RTE site and stupid requirements  I did it 2 months ago; straight in at SVB with 30 day stamp in PP.  Conversion at local (Phayao ) I/O easy and now on 90 day Non O, waiting to get Retirement extension..  neededd to show 800K in Thai bank to get Non O, same as for retirement, but otherwise straightforward.

44 minutes ago, Robin said:

You can enter on 30 day non-visa exempt and then change to Non O at your local I/O.  Saves all the messing about with the London RTE site and stupid requirements  I did it 2 months ago; straight in at SVB with 30 day stamp in PP.  Conversion at local (Phayao ) I/O easy and now on 90 day Non O, waiting to get Retirement extension..  neededd to show 800K in Thai bank to get Non O, same as for retirement, but otherwise straightforward.

Thanks Robin, I am not doing retirement, i will do based on marriage which is 400,000K, However i was unaware that you could get an NON O at Immigration, the entry in is now 45 days, until end of March 23, so that would be an even better option.

I would use Yasothon Immigration,  which is the catchment area for me.

1 hour ago, Dave8237 said:

However i was unaware that you could get an NON O at Immigration, the entry in is now 45 days, until end of March 23, so that would be an even better option.

You certainly can.

Be aware that the application for non O needs to be made with 15+ days remaining on you visa exempt entry stamp.

Good option. 

400k in Thai bank account on day you apply. 

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You certainly can.

Be aware that the application for non O needs to be made with 15+ days remaining on you visa exempt entry stamp.

Good option. 

400k in Thai bank account on day you apply. 

Thank you for that info, the problem is I no longer have Thai Bank account it was closed some 4 years ago now, so that could be my downfall on this option, the on line e visa NON O ask for a letter from wife, and photo of myself holding my passport information page..........ect ect, it as bad as getting a C Class visa for my wife to visit the UK which we have done a few times.

Any advice on the Thai Bank account obtaining one with out a visa.

We live in the north east between Ubon and Mukdahan, banks are to keen to open one up for foreigners, I Had SBC fro Phram 9 previously. 

32 minutes ago, Dave8237 said:

Any advice on the Thai Bank account obtaining one with out a visa.

This comes up often.

Your chances up country (especially with Thai wife) makes it possible.

Other end of the scale is trying to open bank account in Bangkok.

Either way an agent is an option.

3-3.5k baht.

Avoids waste of time.

You don't need the agent for the non O and extension.

Just for the bank account.

Very quick process. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mauroest said:

eVISA retirement Non O wants:
9 . Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.
How it should be? Selfie with my face and passport in hand or what more?

Yes, exactly that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

For the marriage certificate, will the KR.2 (souvenir version) do or must it be the KR.3?

The normal marriages certificate is needed and is a Kor Ror 3. Most embassies and consulates do no require the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry for visa applications.

Immigration does want a updated Kor Ror 2 for a extension application.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The normal marriages certificate is needed and is a Kor Ror 3. Most embassies and consulates do no require the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry for visa applications.

Immigration does want a updated Kor Ror 2 for a extension application.

Thank you. I looked at the two versions on my computer and see that I got the numbers mixed up.

Kor Ror 2, the updated full version to be obtained from the district office (on my computer a photocopy of the corresponding page from a handwritten entry in a giant ledger):

image.png

Kor Ror 3, the normal marriage certificate (what I called the souvenir version):

image.png

The requirement of evidence of the equivalent minimum 400k Baht in a Thai bank for the non-O visa to visit a family member of Thai nationality is also listed on the website of the Thai embassy in Switzerland.

6. Financial Evidence: (please select one of the options) (PDF Limit Size is 3 MB)

 a copy of the applicant’s bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 400,000 Baht
 an original income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 40,000 Baht (in Switzerland or Thailand)

Source: https://thaiembassy.ch/files_upload/editor_upload/VISA/1637317169_31-non-o-family-of-thai-nationals-visa-checklist.pdf

As Ubonjoe wrote, it is not required and it is indeed not listed on the website of the MFA (https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/zE6021nSnu/10_Visa_requirements_O.jpg) but that list has the footnote "Additional documents may be requested by Consular officers...". I have no problem meeting this requirement but I hope that for others, the embassy will not get the funny idea to reject an application and keep the application fee if this requirement is not met.