Thai teenager dressed up as “Jeffrey Dahmer” for Halloween harshly criticized on social media

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Scott Tracy said:

And just what is the correct understanding of Halloween?

Good question.

From an American perspective, there is kids Halloween and Young Adult Halloween. 

Once you reach middle age, doing Halloween would be kind of embarassing. 

I don't know what gave him away.

It might have been the tee-shirt with the name on it I guess.

I don't whether there is a Thai in the country who would know without that darned giveaway. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, nchuckle said:

To avoid unwelcome Trick or treaters callers I simply stuck  a life size head shot photo of Jimmy Savile leering in his creepy way on the front window next to the front door… ???? 

seems a lot of effort when you could just stand there yourself

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Purdey said:

I don't know what gave him away.

It might have been the tee-shirt with the name on it I guess.

I don't whether there is a Thai in the country who would know without that darned giveaway. 

do try to keep up with pop culture.

On 11/1/2022 at 3:46 AM, bendejo said:

He's just a sentimental lad, honoring the memory of his late uncle King Edward VIII.

Most Thais are too skinny to pull that one off.

Part of Halloween is about mocking the things we fear.  Murderers, cannibals, and things that most of us don't even believe in.  Spite the devil.

My scariest Halloween incident was when living in a US suburb, shovelling out candy to the kids who rang the doorbell.  At one point I opened the door and there were two girls, about ten years old.  One of them was wearing some very shear, non-opaque cloth.  All I could think of was "get this nearly naked kid away from my house!"  I was so shaken I dropped the candy bucket.  After they were gone and I calmed down I realized that was her self-made costume of the princess from the cartoon-movie Aladdin, very popular at the time.  The girl was olive-skinned, so I guessed she was seeking a character who she resembled.  Very creative. 

Still very inappropriate.

1 hour ago, wealthychef said:

Yes, whenever I see a jagoff on TV in a suit, they are always promoting war, invasion, and talking about oppressing poor people and putting them in jail.  

Q: what is 12 inches (30 cm) long and hangs in front of an a-hole ?

A:  a necktie

:w00t:

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2022 at 7:28 PM, Jingthing said:

I like the transgender Putin.

Well, ok, but without a wig. 

How about sub-Putin, in chaps and a dog collar?

Steve Bannon as the Ned Beatty character in that famous scene in Deliverance

On 11/1/2022 at 2:20 AM, simon43 said:

The true meaning of the swastika has nothing to do with the Third Reich.

Correct me if I am wrong, but was the swastika along with the Eagle not the main emblems of the Third Reich?

The Eagle was emblematic of the Roman Empire aspired to by the Third Reich and similarly the Swastika was adopted from a similar one used by Genghis Khan both of which were empires of their time and aspired to by Hitlers Third Reich ( empire)

21 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but was the swastika along with the Eagle not the main emblems of the Third Reich?

The Eagle was emblematic of the Roman Empire aspired to by the Third Reich and similarly the Swastika was adopted from a similar one used by Genghis Khan both of which were empires of their time and aspired to by Hitlers Third Reich ( empire)

You seem to have misunderstood my words "The true meaning...".  The true meaning of the Swastika has nothing to do with the Third Reich - the latter adopted it as their emblem etc.  Or are you suggesting from the photo that I posted that the Indian community in Pattaya are promoting fascism and the Third Reich?

On 11/1/2022 at 4:08 PM, spidermike007 said:

What does someone do when they do not have a life? They become a netizen who spends their days blaming, being outraged, being a victim, pointing out what they consider to be the mistakes of others, being highly critical, and taking no responsibility for their own lives. They can't. They are too busy focused on the life of others. They don't have a life. 

What you say is correct. but i wonder, how many of these outraged netizens actually exist? There certainly wasn't many examples quoted in the op or the linked article

We all know there's millions of snowflakes out there waiting to take offence at anything they can dream up and social media can often cause the "offence" to go viral but that doesn't appear to have actually happened here.

I may be getting cynical in my old age, but it appears to me that  a head line  like " Netizens fury over Dahmer costume"  is much more likely to initiate a response on here than a headline like "Man dressed as dahmer spotted"      " Netizens fury/ outrage  " is often used  used to spice up mundane articles it doesn't seem to matter whether anybody was outraged or not  

I don't think its legally  necessary for any body to actually  have been outraged  before the phrase is used by the media 

I feel we are being manipulated  but I'm not sure to what end

16 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

What you say is correct. but i wonder, how many of these outraged netizens actually exist? There certainly wasn't many examples quoted in the op or the linked article

We all know there's millions of snowflakes out there waiting to take offence at anything they can dream up and social media can often cause the "offence" to go viral but that doesn't appear to have actually happened here.

I may be getting cynical in my old age, but it appears to me that  a head line  like " Netizens fury over Dahmer costume"  is much more likely to initiate a response on here than a headline like "Man dressed as dahmer spotted"      " Netizens fury/ outrage  " is often used  used to spice up mundane articles it doesn't seem to matter whether anybody was outraged or not  

I don't think its legally  necessary for any body to actually  have been outraged  before the phrase is used by the media 

I feel we are being manipulated  but I'm not sure to what end

We are seeing the beginning of outrage and victim culture. Surely a step backwards for mankind. Being a victim over a mild perceived slight is the opposite of being a hero or a courageous person with dignity.

Hope it won't last long. 

• Like 1