Are you sometimes lured by the mystique of the Tattoo? Can you take the pain?

GammaGlobulin

20 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Everyone wants to be special and most wind up being the same.  Sheep mentality is part of our DNA.  I neither follow nor lead. I hope for the sake of these people, removal technology vastly improves in years to come.

Otherwise, people will need ever-more tattoos to mask theirs yesterdays' tats. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 11/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, TigerandDog said:

All those posters with such narrow minded opinions about tats should keep your negativity to yourselves as none of you have the right to say whether it is wrong to have tattoos.

You mean no one has the right to express an opinion you don't like? 

8 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

Everyone wants to be special and most wind up being the same.  Sheep mentality is part of our DNA.  I neither follow nor lead. I hope for the sake of these people, removal technology vastly improves in years to come.

Why, do you think those of us with tattoos are sheep and followed the crowd to get them, or what? That we now don't like them and want them removed. Give it a rest. The choices we made were ours not yours and in no way shape or form did my choices affect you nor will they. If you are offended by my tattoos or others tattoos it's not our issue it is your own fragile mind that can not accept things for what they are. Now move along son.....

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why, do you think those of us with tattoos are sheep and followed the crowd to get them, or what? That we now don't like them and want them removed. Give it a rest. The choices we made were ours not yours and in no way shape or form did my choices affect you nor will they. If you are offended by my tattoos or others tattoos it's not our issue it is your own fragile mind that can not accept things for what they are. Now move along son.....

The problem is that those choices are often immature and ill-informed.

There's a reasonably attractive girl that I've seen a couple of times in Patong recently and she is covered, but most noticeably she has a marijuana leaf on her upper arm and on her forearm a very predominant and indiscreet "F*** You" - her choice, but I (and many others) will make a judgement on her based on that.

(Not that she or you cares, of course)

On 11/12/2022 at 10:22 PM, amexpat said:

You mean no one has the right to express an opinion you don't like? 

No. you have the right to express an opinion as to whether you like tattoos or not, but you do NOT have the right to state that those who do have them fall into specific categories ( criminals etc) as many on here have done, or to criticise those who have them. Getting tats is a PERSONAL choice. If you don't like them that's fine, but don't categorise those that do. Doing so is a form of bigotry.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:17 AM, seedy said:

Different parts of the body are more sensitive than others.

So 'take the pain' would depend ...

I can vouch for that I have a lot of tats arms ..Back fully covered..on one session the guy opened his shop at 9 pm for me worked on me till early morning (no puns) pain was unbearable but at the same time I couldn't wait to get more of it ..it can be a buzz I know it sounds strange but it's true 

It all depends on how high your pain tolerance is and what body part you wanna have tattood.

I finaly had one this y. A Thai mantra on my shoulder. It didn't take long, maybe 15 min, but i did get some tears in my eyes with some needle sticks. And i did choose a traditional needle not a modern tattoo "gun".

If you wanna test yourself take a needle and poke yourself with it in some body parts. Or let somebody help you on your back and shoulders.

On 11/14/2022 at 11:11 AM, Harveyboy said:

I can vouch for that I have a lot of tats arms ..Back fully covered..on one session the guy opened his shop at 9 pm for me worked on me till early morning (no puns) pain was unbearable but at the same time I couldn't wait to get more of it ..it can be a buzz I know it sounds strange but it's true 

Not strange. 

You are not hurting others. 

Therefore, you should not be castigated for exercising your right to make a personal choice. 

• Thumbs Up 1