Unfair criticism of Thailand’s immigration is unacceptable although other functions at airports could be improved upon

webfact

Just now, internationalism said:

if domestic there is no immigration and no customs. You mean airport security

Yes more friendly. Immigration no issue either. No card to fill out. Quick fingerprint scan. Never been asked where Im staying. Sawadee Khrup, Khorp Khun Khrup. Done.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Yes more friendly. Immigration no issue either. No card to fill out. Quick fingerprint scan. Never been asked where Im staying. Sawadee Khrup, Khorp Khun Khrup. Done.

I have never been through immigration here in Thailand while flying domestic, only time I filled out cards was during Covid when we flew out of Phuket and then when I landed in Udon Thani as they wanted to see the vaccination certs, but not anymore.  Never done a fingerprint scan either flying domestic, I think your confused, as thats only for international arrivals.  Did you fly back to Oz and then Return through Phuket?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have never been through immigration here in Thailand while flying domestic, only time I filled out cards was during Covid when we flew out of Phuket and then when I landed in Udon Thani as they wanted to see the vaccination certs, but not anymore.  Never done a fingerprint scan either flying domestic, I think your confused, as thats only for international arrivals.  Did you fly back to Oz and then Return through Phuket?

Im not confused, you are. Im talking about both domestic and international. Phuket is both. Both a breeze. Nice staff at both.

Immigration 20 seconds. Baggage took 2 mins cause i had salt.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Oz is a police state. Thailand is a breeze. I had salt in my bag. They asked what it was, I said salt. They said ok. Takes 3 secs to do fingerprints. 

That's funny when I was working in oz.

work visa done on line, 1 day for reply and issue.

Automatic passport scanning at Perth airport, done. no waiting.

Customs no problem.

But had to giggle at the racial profiling of the most of the customs guys. :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1