256 gb Lazada SD card, is it legit?

Don Chance

SD cards are quite cheap, but if 'too good to be true' ... nuff said

Order from manufacturer's site, or 'flagship store' on LAZ/Shopee

I'm a SanDisk fan, and last one order was inexpensive, and registered on their warranty site.  Want it now, go to 'Advice Dist.'  for about the same price, and again, warranty registration done.

Better Research = Better Shopping Experience

20 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

This one looks pretty good. Lots of good  reviews. 198 baht

It is 100% fake or just possibly a factory reject, there are numerous ways to fake the actual memory, along with chips that do not perform as they are supposed to. Even the claimed full price is fraudulent.

Here is a genuine card6D6C57EB-36FE-4167-AD2D-007C5C04DBA6.jpeg.211608236f01d15085ab8e7c91acca9b.jpeg

certainly you may find these genuinely discounted 10% or even 20% 

However the statement “if it looks to good to be true it probably is” is one to live by.

The sources quoted, I won’t name it due to Thai libel laws has so many fakes that I would never buy these products from most sellers there. There are genuine sellers, this is one of the few I would trust.839B965E-F790-4508-9457-A1BE85EDC06C.thumb.jpeg.c6aa5bedd509f86a272203bbd1950c9b.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

I have a plastic box tucked in the back of a drawer that contains probably 20 counterfeit SD cards from Lazada, Pantip Plaza and even a few from Fortune Tower.  Yes; I'm a slow learner but my brain finally accepted that in the world of flash memory, if it's a bargain, it's probably not a bargain.  This also goes for SSDs and thumb drives.

Now, I won't buy memory on Lazada for any price.  JIB, Banana, Advice and Invadeit only.

• Thumbs Up 1

The JIB store on Lazada will sell a genuine memory card. I bought one like you did a few years ago and I returned it because it was a proven fake card. I got my money back and ordered the authentic card from JIB through Lazada and the memory card is still in use and working perfect. 

• 1 month later...

I just bought a couple of xiaomi branded 512Gb SD cards on lazada for about 250 baht each incl. shipping.

One's in a tablet and the other's in the new laptop. Capacity is as advertised and I transferred some stuff to the one in tablet and that went fast enough. I understand that read/write cycles may be an issue going forward but so far, so good.

mi_512.jpg.29d8d5fef4e9fb4b6af6663ddefcef01.jpg

On 11/6/2022 at 12:56 PM, thaisail said:

The JIB store on Lazada will sell a genuine memory card. I bought one like you did a few years ago and I returned it because it was a proven fake card. I got my money back and ordered the authentic card from JIB through Lazada and the memory card is still in use and working perfect. 

There is a SanDisk flagship store on Lazada, I bought many cards from there. Directly sold by SanDisk, of course no 256gb cards for 100 baht.

On 11/6/2022 at 12:37 PM, KhunLA said:

SD cards are quite cheap, but if 'too good to be true' ... nuff said

Order from manufacturer's site, or 'flagship store' on LAZ/Shopee

I'm a SanDisk fan, and last one order was inexpensive, and registered on their warranty site.  Want it now, go to 'Advice Dist.'  for about the same price, and again, warranty registration done.

Better Research = Better Shopping Experience

The warranty can be a problem. I have a SanDisk 256 GB full with data. I still can read everything but not write anymore. Can't return it for a replacement with all the data on it ... ????????????

Hard drives that I use in the computer are always encrypted because of this if they are not used in RAID 0 anyway. But this 256 GB SD card needed to be readable by the TV ????????????

2 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

The warranty can be a problem. I have a SanDisk 256 GB full with data. I still can read everything but not write anymore. Can't return it for a replacement with all the data on it ... ????????????

Hard drives that I use in the computer are always encrypted because of this if they are not used in RAID 0 anyway. But this 256 GB SD card needed to be readable by the TV ????????????

If you can transfer data off to something else, then return for exchange.

One of mine krapped out, and was surprised how easy the return/exchange was.  This was a while back, and they tested and replaced with a better version, as mine was discontinued.  Why I stick with SanDisk.  No failure since, and think I have 3 larger externals.  And a few small ones (32GB) for cameras

16 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If you can transfer data off to something else, then return for exchange.

One of mine krapped out, and was surprised how easy the return/exchange was.  This was a while back, and they tested and replaced with a better version, as mine was discontinued.  Why I stick with SanDisk.  No failure since, and think I have 3 larger externals.  And a few small ones (32GB) for cameras

I have backups of everything. This is not the problem. But I can't give them my data. Sadly it wasn't completely broken. It still could be read. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 8:33 PM, NanLaew said:

I just bought a couple of xiaomi branded 512Gb SD cards on lazada for about 250 baht each incl. shipping.

FWIW. I just got a 2Tb xiaomi branded USB A/C stick. The write speed is incredibly slow, at least with small files. I transferred 69k of files that were 22.2GB of data and while the transfer was successful  as far as I know it took several hours, I don’t know how long because I left it running overnight. The read speed is better but still not great. 
So it is possible that I did get a 2Tb memory stick but to test it with data will take weeks, but then it is ok for transferring very few small files from my desktop to my iPad. It’s a shame as the build quality is really good, but it was so ridiculously cheap I didn’t even expect that it would work at all.
So value for money? Probably A usable item? Probably not. Should anyone buy it? No.

19 minutes ago, Stocky said:

If something looks too good to be true, it most probably is.

Sure the price of 1 stang per GB vs 6 to 12 Baht is a bit of a giveaway, isn’t it? ???? 
I’m transferring the data using a real 2TB SSD, it’s going to take about 17 minutes