New Zealand expat arrested in Phuket with 26 guns and 11 grenades

snoop1130

Unless he is an arms dealer, less worried about an old collector of guns than a younger anti social loner who recently bought 1-2 high powered rifles….if your concern is he is going to use them against the community in some fashion 

fBI has extensive profiles of at risk gun individuals who would actually use them vs people who threaten

On 11/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, Iron Tongue said:

I'm guessing he sold guns to finance his retirement.

-Or he let his house be used as a holding house for a gang.

No way would a collector or shooter have 4 pistol grip only (PGO) shotguns.  PGOs only work well in movies, in the real world, they hurt like hell to shoot and are inaccurate becauss you can't aim them.

Yes, you can aim them.  But when you pull the trigger the shotgun hits you in the face.   I watched a friend do it and his shotgun split his upper lip open.  Next day he had a new buttstock on the shotgun.

• Like 1

He Must just be a Collector, a Loony one but a Collector ? Right or Crimes already committed with these sort of Weapons should have been traced back to him already ??? ... Though well, the sawn off stocks, and hand Guns do look pretty criminal sort of stuff to me ? ( Not that I know much about it other then seeing the News reports, when they catch some one with such weapons. ??? ) ... So well I think that we all could question his background ??? Crims Guns !!! Not hunting weapons !!! ... and Hand Grenades !!! <Deleted> ... Who in their right mind needs Hand Grenades !!! and for What ??? .... Well, maybe a Lonnie collector who knows what a Crims Gun looks like. ??? 

... and we are all better off with out all people like him. 

The ones in the Middle on the left, under the M16, ... The ones with their stocks sawn off, look pretty much like the Cut down Shot, Guns Single shot I think ??? ... That the Real Crims, in Melbourne used to Execute two young policemen, in a revenge Ambush, in South Melbourne, I think I remember. ... Some Years ago. ... ... Crims Guns, NOT sports weapons.

As reported earlier, he's a mechanical engineer and it was stated he was manufacturing suppressors / silencers and modifying firearms.

He may then be included in the 209 illegal workshops in the news yesterday.

Note the Veerayuth reference below is Wirayut in other Thai news sites. I wasn't aware BB guns can be modified like this. 

Regarding the firearms-related cases, the police chief singled out the case of “Veerayuth” (surname withheld), owner of the Charoen Airsoft 4289, who allegedly sold BB guns as well as modified BB guns, which can be used to fire real bullets, online.

He said that police have raided 209 workshops, allegedly involved in the modification of BB guns, and arrested 54 suspects, seized 110 modified BB guns, 11 explosive items and a large haul of ammunition.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

He Must just be a Collector, a Loony one but a Collector ? Right or Crimes already committed with these sort of Weapons should have been traced back to him already ??? .

Collector?

He was arrested for selling modified firearms through social media. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, Bert got kinky said:

anti-muslim terrorist

Who said that he was an anti-muslim terrorist on this thread?

The lack of comprehension is astounding

Yes. :cheesy:

Some one who obviously got confused and only read "New Zealander, living in Australia and Guns, .... and just went back to Brenton Tarrant ? was it ? who Killed ? 52 was it Or more Muslims in Christchurch, Including running over one women who he had just shot, twice in the head !!! ... Like yes Nice Guy Right ... But not the guy in this story. ... Who actually was an Auzie, who was Living in New Zealand any way and not the other way around. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/8/2022 at 3:55 PM, geisha said:

Could they have been serious collectors items  ? Some people are gun or old wartime objects collectors.,?  I knew someone who had his basement full , from arms to helmets  uniforms , to even ancient stuff. 

I think that these were all mostly Criminal Murder Weapons. ? None of it looked Sporty OR Military to me, .... and the hand Grenades ? ...Maybe he should have had some old land mines also ??? to go with them Right ... ??? to be a good collector. ? No I think that he was selling them. ? when and if he could.

37 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Collector?

He was arrested for selling modified firearms through social media. 

Yes Right mate ! ? Probably an end purpose seller, but a Collector, of sorts, ... like this is NOT a streamlined looking operation !!! ... But also defiantly an Illegal seller also, so well ... And an <deleted> as he would have been causing other Peoples deaths. ...

So would any of these be Modified BB Guns ? ... Like the M16 and AK would probably need to have been Modified to be used in Full Auto mode ? ... Like that Brenton Tarrant modified his m16's in New Zealand to kill the 52 and probably + by now Muslims. ...  and a mechanical Engineer was he ? ... This guy, ... like just the man for the Job !!! ??? ....

Guns are just clever Machines, if bad ones, and that is the only reason I find this an interesting one. ...  The Cambodian Army Guys used to show you how to Break down an AK and put it back together you know, for $10 ... Plus the cost of the Bullets !!! .... And then fire it in a shooting range, back some Years ago I think ? (Like 30 shots in a magazine so it does not jam, ... and better then sex, if you can do it, in a dark room, !!! ...)

...  But Rule one, and this was very VERY well emphasized by the officer ...  "All ways make sure that you, put the Breach Block back in, ... THE RIGHT WAY AROUND" !!! ??? Right - And that is it for me for today fellows. ... Yes new news for me today, and from out side my world, ... so Interesting.

And Thanks for that fellows.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 9:42 PM, DaveCW said:

Are these real weapons or BB guns? - I see in one of the pics a CM.355 gun box - this is a bb gun - how many others airsoft type guns? 

Winner!

Hyped up for the press pictures apparently. A lot of false or exaggerated claims from Kathu police fed to the media.

According to the latest news report in Phuket states he is facing two firearms charges for illegal weapons.

The rest were replica (Airsoft?) He was involved in a Line group trading them.

No mention from Kathu police on the grenades so it would seem they too may be replicas.

He was released after one night in custody, he has a reporting-in every 12 days condition on his release, and no date has been set for a court hearing.

And he had a nail gun which police stated is not a problem, he has been using it to put up shelves in the house.

Still, two illegal firearms is two too many.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Thumbs Up 1