Putin ally Yevgeny Prigozhin admits interfering in U.S. elections

onthedarkside

Screenshot_14.jpg.5c9f7c54f1b6d6e65788a3c4da9449fb.jpg

The powerful Russian businessman and a close Vladimir Putin ally Yevgeny Prigozhin has admitted to interfering in US elections on the eve of a midterm vote in which Republicans will seek to take control of Congress and state-wide offices across the country.

“Gentlemen, we interfered, we are interfering and we will interfere,” Prigozhin, who has previously been accused of influencing the outcome of elections across continents, said in a statement posted by his catering company, Concord.

Prigozhin was responding to a request to comment on a recent Bloomberg report saying Russia was interfering in Tuesday’s US midterm elections.

(more)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/07/putin-ally-yevgeny-prigozhin-admits-interfering-in-us-elections

1340043790_TheGuardian.jpg.6d15e93d43c2aa0d03fd1d814099ff5c.jpg

Suspected Russian Plot Used Political Cartoons to Influence U.S. Voters

Social media activity detected by Graphika Inc. tied the effort to people involved with Russia’s IRA

Social media users tied to Russia are using political cartoons to try to influence the outcome of tight electoral races ahead of the US midterms, according to research provided exclusively to Bloomberg News. 

Members of a Russian group accused of meddling in prior US elections have pushed internet memes that promote right-wing conspiracy theories in a way that aims to undermine support for Democratic political candidates, according to the social media analysis firm Graphika Inc. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-03/suspected-russian-plot-used-political-cartoons-to-influence-americans

Bloomberg.jpg.1dbdc0c8a1a0377b6f15e7fd2578f254.jpg

"Russia, if you're listening . . ."

image.jpeg.678b0b67261df87f668bce8bd23b8d79.jpeg

Which man just paid the piper?

But why is Prigozhin revealing this to the world?  It won't make any difference, that spray tan DT wears is Teflon-based.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bendejo said:

But why is Prigozhin revealing this to the world?

It's win/win for Russia and America.

The Russians are proud that they influence the US election - even if they influence it only very little.

And many Americans can blame the Russians for the US election result. The others did it...

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The Russians are proud that they influence the US election - even if they influence it only very little.

Any idea how it's done in praxis?

e.g.: 

-hacking the sophisticated (state-of-art) voting machine?

-a call to voters, telling them how to vote?

-mailing ballots?

-bribing Musk? 

-bribing DT?

-bribing Brandon (JB)?

-bribing Fox?

any other ideas?

13 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

“Gentlemen, we interfered, we are interfering and we will interfere,” Prigozhin, who has previously been accused of influencing the outcome of elections across continents, said in a statement posted by his catering company, Concord.

Sounds like he is trying to create even more vitriol and animosity in US politics, if that is even possible. We all know how the current state of US politics is harming the country. Releasing this statement is obviously designed to create even more division, and it looks to have worked.

I wouldn't believe a Russian oligarch (who just happens to be Putin's best mate) talking about the US any more than I'd believe a Thai bargirl talking about her sick buffalo.

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Sounds like he is trying to create even more vitriol and animosity in US politics, if that is even possible. We all know how the current state of US politics is harming the country. Releasing this statement is obviously designed to create even more division, and it looks to have worked.

I wouldn't believe a Russian oligarch (who just happens to be Putin's best mate) talking about the US any more than I'd believe a Thai bargirl talking about her sick buffalo.

Are you wouldn’t believe him if he was saying something negative about the Democrats?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Are you wouldn’t believe him if he was saying something negative about the Democrats?

Correct. I see it's finally starting to sink in. That's progress.

The fact that you used my post to imply that I was somehow "supporting the Republicans over the Democrats" re-inforces my point about the partisan, virtriolic and often antagonistic nature of the 2 party system in the US right now. 

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And many Americans can blame the Russians for the US election result. The others did it...

These days a US patriot is someone who is pro-Russia and Putin is "the man," and they love the tyrants running the former USSR states.  CPAC held one of their club meetings in Hungary, that should tell you a lot.  How does supporting these guys support the US?  What happened to the "love it or leave it" ?  The leader of the MAGA thing has a fetish about being sub to world-class strong men, and he's pretty obvious about it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Unfortunately for that argument  months worth of your past posts betray your sympathies.

Untrue. 

You interpret anything that is not a glowing endorsement of Biden as somehow being Pro Republican. That reflects your poor interpretation rather than my actual position. It is very typical of the nature of American politics right now. The two party system, the partisan nature, the "If you're not with me you must be against me" attitude. You embody it perfectly and creating a strawman regarding my position is just one example of that, albeit an excellent example.

Progozhin is using this situation to whip you Dems up into another anti-Trump frenzy. To further divide the nation. He is playing you like a fiddle and you are falling for it hook, line and sinker. Him and Putin must be laughing their <deleted> off.

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Untrue. 

You interpret anything that is not a glowing endorsement of Biden as somehow being Pro Republican. That reflects your poor interpretation rather than my actual position. It is very typical of the nature of American politics right now. The two party system, the partisan nature, the "If you're not with me you must be against me" attitude. You embody it perfectly and creating a strawman regarding my position is just one example of that, albeit an excellent example.

Progozhin is using this situation to whip you Dems up into another anti-Trump frenzy. To further divide the nation. He is playing you like a fiddle and you are falling for it hook, line and sinker. Him and Putin must be laughing their <deleted> off.

Of course, that must be it.

• Thanks 1