COVID-19 infections on the rise among people not fully vaccinated

webfact

On 11/9/2022 at 6:24 AM, wombat said:

Er...once again...

The injection does not stop you getting covid it is not a vaccination that imunises it only lessens the severity if you catch covid.

Am I wrong?

I had 3 doses and caught it, milder than any flu I had in the past, not bad enough to stop me going about my day, soar throat for a day in the beginning, head ache around the back of the head, some muscle pain and being lethargic, that's all.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:25 PM, Fairynuff said:

Oh, so the dead and hospitalised people are not really dead or in hospital, because you apparently know better.

Yes, there are plenty of dead from Covid.

But fortunately policies changed as time went by. Never before, for example, have we so jealously guarded the health of the elderly by forcing them to die alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2022 at 3:15 AM, webfact said:

COVID-19 infections in Thailand appear to be on the rise again, especially among those who are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated,

I have been checking with hospitals like  Samitivej and they have no Pfizer or Modern vaccines. WHY? 

6 hours ago, 10baht said:

I have been checking with hospitals like  Samitivej and they have no Pfizer or Modern vaccines. WHY? 

Thai MOPH is saying there are still various free, government vaccination sites available around Bangkok for the original Pfizer and perhaps Moderna vaccines... No 2nd gen bivalent ones yet.

See the following sources:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This will be my last reply, as it appears you are baiting me, at this point. My friends who are doctors largely agree. But, you seem to have your agenda. 

Not baiting, no agenda, just know that you’re wrong. The agenda is with you not me. But yes, don’t bother replying unless you need to have the last word.

Edited by Fairynuff

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thai MOPH is saying there are still various free, government vaccination sites available around Bangkok for the original Pfizer and perhaps Moderna vaccines... No 2nd gen bivalent ones yet.

Thanks

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Since pneumonia has a multitude of different causes (bacteria, virus, fungi), is there a single effective vaccine?

I believe so. "pneumonia vaccine for seniors" google should get you some helpful info. I'm over 65 and got the shot. Last several Covid news items I've read say the people didn't die of Covid but from the pneumonia induced by the Covid. So who knows for sure? I sort of think Medicare paid for the shot.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:17 AM, daveAustin said:

I certainly won’t be having anymore jabs. Arthritic fingers & thumbs on occasion post-vaccine... I am not old, though of course it can come post-40. May just be a coincidence and doctors say there’s no connection (they would wouldn’t they), but I’d sooner suffer that cold and will let my immune system do its job in future. 

Friend of mine had a couple of jabs and then stopped. He recently had a very bad case of covid that took him down for two weeks. Strong 55 year old guy who said he really felt he was going to die.

Arthritic fingers and thumb isn't a post vaccine connection. I don't care what happens to you (an understatement) but don't post your home grown vaccination BS as somehow related to medical fact. Gee, could you have arthritic fingers and thumbs completely unrelated to covid vaccine? Of, course! In fact that's the likely scenario. 

On 11/9/2022 at 5:17 AM, daveAustin said:

I certainly won’t be having anymore jabs. Arthritic fingers & thumbs on occasion post-vaccine... I am not old, though of course it can come post-40. May just be a coincidence and doctors say there’s no connection (they would wouldn’t they), but I’d sooner suffer that cold and will let my immune system do its job in future. 

I know two people (both in their 60s) who developed this immediately after the jab. One is sure the jab caused it and says she deeply regrets giving in to the social and political pressure. The other is in complete denial and has just had her 4th shot (she's a doctor and the depth of her indoctrination is unfathomable).

24 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Friend of mine had a couple of jabs and then stopped. He recently had a very bad case of covid that took him down for two weeks. Strong 55 year old guy who said he really felt he was going to die.

Arthritic fingers and thumb isn't a post vaccine connection. I don't care what happens to you (an understatement) but don't post your home grown vaccination BS as somehow related to medical fact. Gee, could you have arthritic fingers and thumbs completely unrelated to covid vaccine? Of, course! In fact that's the likely scenario. 

You have no idea whether there is a connection or not.

"I don't care what happens to you": well that's the problem, isn't it? I thought the whole point of this vax thing was caring about the welfare of others… or was that just a load of BS? (Rhetorical question).

15 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I believe so. "pneumonia vaccine for seniors" google should get you some helpful info. I'm over 65 and got the shot. Last several Covid news items I've read say the people didn't die of Covid but from the pneumonia induced by the Covid. So who knows for sure? I sort of think Medicare paid for the shot.

Well it is relevant as someone I know recently died of pneumonia..... I had thought it was less of an issue in modern times. 

During vaccination drive for covid we forget that there are many other vaccinations that would be useful to prevent other infections and reducing chances of co-infection with covid. 
The last year, when it was obvious, that there wont be covid shot available to foreigners anytime soon, i have decided to take other vaccinations. All of them also temporarily boost an immune system. 
so when the first emergency orders of AZ of 117k doses and some 200k of sinovac were landing in february 2021, i went to travel clinic and to red cross and had over 10 vaccinations for cost around 14k over a course of 3 months. 
This year i had some recommended boosters and flu. 
For another requested vaccine they took first my antibody measures and they said my immune system is very strong. 
In january i had pneumonia with 4 nights hospitalisation. I believe my pneumonia shot saved me some stronger symptoms. Initially i have thought i had covid, so didn't rush to hospital as it would mean 10 days forced hospitalisation

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well it is relevant as someone I know recently died of pneumonia..... I had thought it was less of an issue in modern times. 

Probably you confuse with tuberculosis, which was eradicated with vaccinations. 
Pneumonia is still a major killer, that despite several different vaccines. Not all available in thailand yet. The newest once will be coming in a few years.
But those vaccines are for over 60 and for risk group patients. They don't fully protect to all possible strains. Only for the most common once. 
For those under 60 and without conditions you have to lie, in order to get one. I was refused in one clinic so I went to another one and stayted, that I am a smoker. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

Probably you confuse with tuberculosis, which was eradicated with vaccinations. 
Pneumonia is still a major killer, that despite several different vaccines.

Tuberculosis has not been eradicated,  far from it.

It is a major killer in countries like the US, Russia, Germany,  Thailand. 

It isn't even rare. And in Thailand, it is very common. 

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

Pneumonia is still a major killer, that despite several different vaccines.

There are no "vaccines against pneumonia". Many germs can cause pneumonia. Vaccines exist for very few of them (pneumococcus).

Community acquired pneumonia is usually easily treatable with standard antibiotics. 

Nosocomial pneumonia (acquired in the hospital) is often difficult to treat (multiresistent germs).

Pneumonia is a leading cause of death in the rich countries. It often doesn't show up in the statistics,  because people are hospitalized for another reason, eg cancer or stroke (but the immediate cause of  death is nosocomial  pneumonia)

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1

Tuberculosis vax is given in thailand only to kids. For adults only testing. In the west it's not even to kids. But worldwide ist 1.6mln deaths yearly, in 2021 just ofter covid as an infection disease. 
Strange that it was not re-introduced during covid times, as it can give protection against covid and prevent-coinfection. 
i have enquired in the red cross and i was refused one without any questions asked. 
That"s why i jave thought it"s largely eradicated. 

pneumonia has 2 vax available in thailand. The newest once are in the usa, but also in singapore. 

Yes, gives only partial protection and is not cheap, some 2400, but at covid times should be available wider, promoted and even covered by health service. Even given at the same time as covid vax, to spare seniors travel time and costs. 

those, who can"t or don"t want covid vax, should at least get the other vaxes. 

Majority of vaxes which i got the last and this year were close to expiry date. That despite being multi-year, made to last many years.

That means that during covid times there was slow drive for them. Patients were not pressed on updating jabs or were scared to go to clinics. I think large stocks were disposed after expiry. That would be great shame to blame ministry of health for negligence.