Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Have you ever witnessed that a farang was beaten up by Thais without any reason?

OneMoreFarang

I know a colored teacher in CM who was beaten up by gang youths along the riverside some years ago. I have seen youths with no good intentions hang around there too, was a issue at the time.

Otherwise it is always drunk foreigners who deserve it, or foreigners who mingle with married women of others etc.

I did see a few times where girls in working bars were trying to setup a drunk foreigner who actually didn't do anything, as well behaved, but simply didn't wanna spend on them.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Thais can spin on a satang.

I was close to being attacked by a Thai hotelier in Udon Thani where I rented an apartment within the property. After a year there was a serious water leak from the apartment above plus there were noise issues and pungent cooking smells emanating thrice daily from the hotelier and his wife’s personal kitchen. 

They refused to do anything so I gave notice.

However, when I went to have my deposit returned the hotelier turned nasty. He refused to return my 10,000฿ and started screaming English expletives at me (even though he had next-to-no command of the English language up to this point). He then jumped over the counter in reception, eyes bulging, fists flailing. I just got out the front door in time.

He followed me out into the hotel courtyard, still yelling and screaming the most cursing and unpleasant swear words and I had to belt for it. I was definitely in danger and still recoil from the episode several years later.

• Haha 2

No. Haven't even witnessed a fight.

Closest would be when I was living in Phuket, so pre-2010, attending a Muay Thai event, saw a bar owner I knew cornered by three Thai males near the entrance.

Gordon a scrawny little Englishman, drunk and abusive arguing about the admission fee. 

Calmed things and dragged him away, he even got stroppy with me. 

He'd have got a good hiding if left to himself, afterwards there were times I thought maybe I should have left him there.

Never felt threatened in sleepy Chanthaburi. 

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

i fail to see your point. you asked has anyone ever seen thais attack westerners unprovoked. i have seen it, therefore i gave you a truthful answer. do with that what you will

Yeah, of course. Just randomly attacked out of the blue for absolutely no reason at all. I call BS.

Insult a Thai, cause them to lose face, expect trouble. But random attacks for absolutely no reason? Nope.

I have personally witnessed about 10 violent altercations during the course of my stay in Thailand.  Typically thai against thai. Usually husband against wife.  One agitated husband came into the bar we were sitting in and just started using waitress as a punching bag.  Golf ball size welts accumulated on her face with each successive hit.

A couple of Songkran thai biker fights were especially violent.  The really nasty kicks to the head part begins once one side is knocked to the ground.

There was a disco brawl where a drunk white guy dancing overzealously kept knocking into different groups of partygoers who warned him to stop.  He kept doing it and a group of rough looking white tourists knocked him to the ground and started kicking him everywhere, but focusing on head shots.  My group was in a corner watching from close range.

My only personal experience of being attacked was by a knife wielding thai lady who came at me with an 18 inch Jason knife.  I chose to flee the condo and 3 security guards extracted her afterwards.  Unharmed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

.  I often find that drinking leads to poor arithmetical ability, and also misjudgement, and even misunderstandings or mistakes.

Especially from the cashiers , they often lose the abilty to count the number of drinks you had correctly and to add up the amount it all costs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

There you go.  Just seven short years ago:

And true to form the pathetic Thai apologists on then Thai Visa were quick to condemn the Aussie.  He was very lucky that there was clear CCTV footage of the incident (that was supplied to the RTP by close by business owned by a foreigner).  Of course all of the Thai owned CCTVs in the vacinity were not working.  The footage only came to light in the days following his arrest. And so the Thai apologists had to eat humble pie.

I note that the members @starky and @worgeordie were among the many to quickly blame the Aussie.  There were lots of poisonous comments like let the drunken Aussie rot in a Thai hell hole....blah blah blah. @LivinginKata was the first to call BS and suggest we wait for the true of the story to come out.

By all accounts the guy was a super nice chap, been here a long time, respected business owner, and married to a nice lady.  He was walking home from a Rotary meeting when the Thai thug attacked him.  I do wonder what became of him, his business and his marriage.

That is a huge problem here with the media.  Never any follow up storys....Especially if it comes to light that a Thai was in the wrong.

Good link. Most of those 2015 posters are gone. I think Starky ought to apologise for his remarks.

Karma catches up with people who talk bad.

Most aussies are harmless like most tourists. 

My grandpa used to carry a knife daily. Was common to carry a pocket knife prior to 1990.

A boat worker or fisherman would likely carry a knife.

I carry a size 14 boot just in case. If someone tried to kill me my boot isnt holding back until they arent moving.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

There you go.  Just seven short years ago:

And true to form the pathetic Thai apologists on then Thai Visa were quick to condemn the Aussie.  He was very lucky that there was clear CCTV footage of the incident (that was supplied to the RTP by close by business owned by a foreigner).  Of course all of the Thai owned CCTVs in the vacinity were not working.  The footage only came to light in the days following his arrest. And so the Thai apologists had to eat humble pie.

I note that the members @starky and @worgeordie were among the many to quickly blame the Aussie.  There were lots of poisonous comments like let the drunken Aussie rot in a Thai hell hole....blah blah blah. @LivinginKata was the first to call BS and suggest we wait for the true of the story to come out.

By all accounts the guy was a super nice chap, been here a long time, respected business owner, and married to a nice lady.  He was walking home from a Rotary meeting when the Thai thug attacked him.  I do wonder what became of him, his business and his marriage.

That is a huge problem here with the media.  Never any follow up storys....Especially if it comes to light that a Thai was in the wrong.

This is the post I made ,I did not blame the Aussie as  you say ,why single

me out I don't know  ........     

Drink has a lot to answer for!.

regards Worgeordie

17 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

This is the post I made ,I did not blame the Aussie as  you say ,why single

me out I don't know  ........     

Drink has a lot to answer for!.

regards Worgeordie

Your a asean now celebrity with so many posts he probably wants to bring you down.

Saying that you did sort of say he was drunk

Edited by kwak250