Have you ever witnessed that a farang was beaten up by Thais without any reason?

OneMoreFarang

Not personally but was in Phattalung the only farang in a larger party of Thais with some beautiful women and my wife and was dancing with the girls and supporting the band with a 500 baht tip. In our party was a big policeman from Bangkok at whose wedding we had gone to in the previous week. He came to our party and asked us to leave. Outside we asked why it turned out that a gangster pi yai in the audience had took umbrage to a farang having it large and 'showing off' and he had a gun and wanted to shoot me ! It's wild West down south for sure ! Otherwise nothing Thailand is a very safe place if you respect the rules. Trouble attracts trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Highlandman said:

Hmm, strange that they would have said "kon kao" (white person) rather than farang. Almost never heard a Thai use the expression "white person" either in Thai or English.

Speaking of gas (petrol) stations in Thailand, most of the busy ones have far too many people around for any such incident to occur. 

You seem to have extensive knowledge of the public urinal scene, Sherlock.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Not personally but was in Phattalung the only farang in a larger party of Thais with some beautiful women and my wife and was dancing with the girls and supporting the band with a 500 baht tip. In our party was a big policeman from Bangkok at whose wedding we had gone to in the previous week. He came to our party and asked us to leave. Outside we asked why it turned out that a gangster pi yai in the audience had took umbrage to a farang having it large and 'showing off' and he had a gun and wanted to shoot me ! It's wild West down south for sure ! Otherwise nothing Thailand is a very safe place if you respect the rules. Trouble attracts trouble.

So let me get this straight. You went to a policeman's party one week and the next he didn't want you to be at his party in Phattalung?

Sounds like you shouldn't be associating with such a creep.

2 hours ago, Puwa said:

You seem to have extensive knowledge of the public urinal scene, Sherlock.

No. I am pointing out that I've never heard a Thai saying "piu kao". No one ever uses that term, except maybe Thais in America, because it's a direct translation from "white person" and that's how people talk in the States.

16 hours ago, Highlandman said:

No one ever uses that term.

Wait there, are you saying he committed two offenses? You have a real knack for criminal investigation!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Puwa said:

Wait there, are you saying he committed two offenses? You have a real knack for criminal investigation!

You're getting boring. I forgot about the part where he said the incident unfolded. It's not relevant. I'm talking about the Thai being used, which me and him understand but you clearly don't as all you speak is bar girl Thai. 

I'm saying that guy must have been the first Thai person in Thailand to call a white person a "kon piu kao" (lit: person skin white) rather than a "farang", which is what 99.9% of Thais use. 

Now "kon piu kao" is 100% correct, but as a term, it hasn't caught on very much in Thailand. It is generally used by Thais only in the context of differentiating between whites and non-whites in western countries.

2 hours ago, Highlandman said:

...which me and him understand but you clearly don't as all you speak is bar girl Thai. 

Now you're just flirting.

• Haha 2