Easiest place to get marriage visa close to Thailand and financial questions

I know these questions have probably been asked a thousand times already, sorry.

what is the easiest place closest to Thailand to apply for a Non imm marriage visa? I have been warned off Singapore as supposedly a bit of a headache and very slow. Also the requirement for 400,000 in the bank does it have to be in there 2 or 3 months before apply as seen both times mentioned and how do you show proof, just a printed statement, or do you need more proof?

I prefer Savannakhet.
Easy and fast. No need to show bank statement or bank book.

You should arrive to Vientiane first, stay 1 night near airport and fly to Savannakhet early in the morning (7:50). You will have enough time to catch a taxi to the Thai Consulate and apply for your visa.

1 hour ago, visabouncer said:

I prefer Savannakhet.
Easy and fast. No need to show bank statement or bank book.

You should arrive to Vientiane first, stay 1 night near airport and fly to Savannakhet early in the morning (7:50). You will have enough time to catch a taxi to the Thai Consulate and apply for your visa.

What is the cut off time for passport submission in Savankhet?

Thx

9 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Ho Chi Minh City easy flight from Bangkok drop off in morning pickup next afternoon. No financials required like savanheat. However you need an appointment in ho chi Minh. 

Love Saigon and the visa trip you suggest can be turned into mini holiday 

One issue is that I vaguely remember that there is quite a difference in charge by the consulate in Saigon  compared to Savannakhet. 

If OP is located in Bangkok then another reason to choose HCMC. 

BTW appointment required at HCMC now. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, visabouncer said:

11:00.
Most probably you will be there about 9:20 (if you use the Vientiane->Savannakhet flight)

I drive to Mukdahan and overnight there, then straight over the bridge when it opens.

Have you been recently, what at the Q's like? Best day is midweek - tues / wed?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Have you been recently, what at the Q's like? Best day is midweek - tues / wed?

I was there at the end of September 2022. It was Wednesday. There were 2 people in the queue. 2 minutes of waiting, 5000thb for Multi-entry visa and everything was done after that (visa collection on the following day).
You can choose any weekday you want. Almost no people every day.

Edited by visabouncer

45 minutes ago, visabouncer said:

I was there at the end of September 2022. It was Wednesday. There were 2 people in the queue. 2 minutes of waiting, 5000thb for Multi-entry visa and everything was done after that (visa collection on the following day).
You can choose any weekday you want. Almost no people every day.

Superb, i remember it being like that pre-covid.

Extensions since then but absolutely despise the paperwork involved with that carry on...

Thanks for the info - very helpful.

16 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

Ho Chi Minh City easy flight from Bangkok drop off in morning pickup next afternoon. No financials required like savanheat. However you need an appointment in ho chi Minh. 

Thanks for all the info everyone, so no financials required for 3 month in Saigon or Savanakhet, are you still able to extend those for year? and if can is it two months or 3 months in bank, just trying to work things out around a couple of overseas work trips etc..

14 minutes ago, Tingnongnoi said:

Thanks for all the info everyone, so no financials required for 3 month in Saigon or Savanakhet, are you still able to extend those for year? and if can is it two months or 3 months in bank, just trying to work things out around a couple of overseas work trips etc..

If have a single or multiple entry non-o visa you can apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

With a multiple entry visa you could apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 days from the visa.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If have a single or multiple entry non-o visa you can apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

With a multiple entry visa you could apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 days from the visa.

perfect thanks for the info

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thankyou ubonjoe, I have been in Thailand since 2005, married a Thai woman in 2010. I didn't bother with the marriage visa, just kept renewing my OA visa every year. I think this year I might apply for the marriage visa, and I have the 400,000 in the bank. Do I have to leave the country to change the visa? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

40 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Thankyou ubonjoe, I have been in Thailand since 2005, married a Thai woman in 2010. I didn't bother with the marriage visa, just kept renewing my OA visa every year. I think this year I might apply for the marriage visa, and I have the 400,000 in the bank. Do I have to leave the country to change the visa? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I assume you have a extension of stay for OA visa entry based upon retirement.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay to one based upon marriage. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 month. No need for the medial insurance needed for the retirement extension.