Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

They are just sad losers who like to belong to a club instead of being and independent and free in making your own decisions.

It's perthetic to think the UK can rejoin it's never going to happen there will be more EU leaving countries I believe in the future.

Below is a composite of all pollsters' results on the question of whether Britain was right or wrong to leave EU:

image.png.93d16931ffc70a53b243381bf33d0b8d.png

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/in-highsight-do-you-think-britain-was-right-or-wrong-to-vote-to-leave-the-eu/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How about you try addressing the present.

Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?”

COVID + WAR + BREXIT = Outcome ?

I know you don’t like the answer but don’t expect the rest of us to ignore the outcome just because you don’t like the answer.

That is the present. We've agreed on that. Although no one has actually proved to what extent each event has impacted on  the present day situation.

NOW please post some facts about the future to back your position. Like I said, I think 2024 should be about right.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DezLez said:

How can you post facts about the future? 

I accept there are lots of projections regarding future trends etc , but I do not count them as facts!

Exactly my point.

Some posters on here are posting drivel about a future that can't prove.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

However, as time passes the impact of COVID is receding. 

Another 3-5 years for the COVID 2 year shutdown effects to end IMHO.

Add to that another 2 years from the end of NATO induced warmongering against Russia.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some better news

Germany is about to go into recession as well as the U.K 

https://www.globaldata.com/media/business-fundamentals/germanys-economy-fall-recession-next-year-due-european-energy-crisis-says-globaldata/#:~:text=According to GlobalData's Country Analytics,(-0.3%) in 2023.

Germany’s economy is expected to slide into a recession in 2023 due to its high exposure to the current energy crisis, according to GlobalData. As a result, the leading data and analytics company has downwardly revised its estimations for Germany’s economic growth predictions by -2.4 percentage points (pp) for 2022 and -1.7pp for 2023 since its last update in February 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You perhaps need to qualify that statement given every other nation in the G7 except the UK has recovered its level of economic activity to pre-pandemic levels, something the UK has failed to do.

Your pro-Putin misinformation is noted.

I despise all the former communist/Soviet block countries (including East Germany) equally.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

And that's good news why?

Because the UK ISNT struggling more than other Countries and the whole of the E.U is predicted to go into recession .

But to prove that Brexit was bad for the U.K , lets compare the U.K to non E.U Countries  like USA , Japan and Canada (G7)

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'd say, based on the data you choose to ignore, it is doing worse than its peers 

But even if not, it still isn't good news that a country might slide into recession according to a prediction. You remember predictions, those pesky predictions you just tried to completely invalidate?

Do I have to repost the graph again that shows the U.K is in the middle of all E.U Countries when it comes to economic figures ?

Do you understand that USA , Japan and Canada are not in the E.U and you are comparing the U.K to those non E.U Countries to show Brexit was a mistake ?

Why not compare the U.K to other E.U Countries ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

After that statement the Government has had to go on the defensive to deny leaks of seeking a ‘Swiss-Style Trade Agreement’ with the EU.

So has the leader of the Labour Party in the last few days:

Sir Keir Starmer insists he won't derail Brexit as he rules out a Switzerland-style deal (msn.com)

Edited by DezLez

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Because the UK ISNT struggling more than other Countries and the whole of the E.U is predicted to go into recession .

But to prove that Brexit was bad for the U.K , lets compare the U.K to non E.U Countries  like USA , Japan and Canada (G7)

But the UK is struggling more than other countries, Germany’s economy has already recovered to post Pandemic levels, the UK’s economy has not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

None of which will make the slightest difference to people struggling to pay their bills and feed their families in the UK.

Which has been caused by....?

I'll answer. The war in Ukraine and Covid19 lockdowns, furlough payments, business grants etc.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

To within a stated degree of confidence.

Likewise aircraft fuel loads are based on a prediction of consumption for the flight, a bit of a problem for those who need to occasionally fly but struggle with an aversion to predictions.

It is of course not the predictions that bother Brexiteers, it’s the fact BREXIT is failing and voters can see BREXIT is failing.

Not a ‘sunlit upland’ in sight.

Aircraft fuel loads are calculated by certified pilots, able to perform this task, even if they fly 'occasionally'.

Unfortunately, the UK is again now being piloted by a crew of certified remainers. If they keep messing about then the Tories can expect to go from +80 to -80 at the next election. Labour will be no better because.... they never are! 

Yes, Brexiteers are bothered but that's because the whole Brexit process was mismanaged, from the outset and with constant interference by remainers. This silly ‘sunlit upland’ term must have actually originated from remainers - I never saw it in any leave campaign material.

The imminent recession, mentioned a lot on here, will be global - it certainly won't be just the UK or the fault of Brexit. 

• Like 1