Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And therein lies the problem.

The UK doesn’t have the capability to scale its military response between conventional warfare, were the UK could not on its own field a force that could fight Russia and full on Nuclear Engagement.

However as a member of NATO the UK can rely on its NATO Allie’s to provide the necessary scale of conventional warfare response, the meat presence of which is a significant deterrent.

I’d give upon the ‘get out of NATO’ if I were you, those days are well gone.

Yeah let's carry on supporting ponces even when it would do us no good. 

Yeah keep spending UK tax payers money for a useless reason. 

Start buying gas and oil again from Russia better. ???????? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You are correct, you referred to the ‘Health Care Industry’, I guess you meant Boots the Chemist.

An industry with 50000 vacancies. Vacancies that can be filled by anyone. No experience required.

Refer your earlier post below:

Really? Surely Boots would be retail.

I said "Healthcare" Under which we have social care, domiciliary care, palliative care, rehabilitation, patient transport, support workers, to name but a few.

And, yes, it is an industry that currently has 50000 vacancies that anyone can do with no prior experience or training.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Yeah let's carry on supporting ponces even when it would do us no good. 

Yeah keep spending UK tax payers money for a useless reason. 

Start buying gas and oil again from Russia better. ???????? 

There are far better arguments for remaining in NATO, building conventional military capabilities and getting rid of the nukes than there are for leaving NATO.

The UK bought insignificant amounts of oil and gas from Russia.

However I note, you back the UK leaving NATO (I’m sure Putin agrees), you back buying Russian O&G (I’m sure Russia agrees).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, puchooay said:

I said "Healthcare" Under which we have social care, domiciliary care, palliative care, rehabilitation, patient transport, support workers, to name but a few.

And, yes, it is an industry that currently has 50000 vacancies that anyone can do with no prior experience or training.

Well maybe most, but not all could become drivers, or cleaners, but I doubt palliative care and rehabilitation are jobs anyone can do.

• Like 1

Just now, puchooay said:

The sad thing is many are leaving and having to go on strike,  so keep on paying the immigrants coming in and not put them straight to work. 

Keep paying out and paying money to other countries and spending on arms it will be good to see the UK population paying for all of it for 10 years or more. 

Maybe the uk is nuked and then no more worries for a little island it only needs one missile. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RayC said:

Not so.

If Thatcher had refused to sign, there would have been no Treaty; she could have vetoed it 

Of course, she would have been under enormous pressure to sign - but Thatcher would have wanted concessions for doing so. The likelihood is that the Maastricht Treaty would have looked  been delayed, had opt-outs for the UK and looked different to what it did.

How you know so? This was the time of the build up to the EU itself and hoped for adoption of the Euro. Jackals like Major were quick to form the pack that killed Maggie once it was clear she wanted no further UK integration with the EU. Far easier to stop Maggie than stop the EU train.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

How you know so? This was the time of the build up to the EU itself and hoped for adoption of the Euro. Jackals like Major were quick to form the pack that killed Maggie once it was clear she wanted no further UK integration with the EU. Far easier to stop Maggie than stop the EU train.  

Yeah Maggie saddly lost the plot with the daft poll tax thingy giving Major a chance to out her which worked.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Care to back that up with some peer reviewed or factual evidence?

I used to run a recruitment company in the UK that focused on healthcare (with the NHS as our biggest client) and I can absolutely gaurantee you there was VERY FEW jobs 'that anyone can do with no prior experience or training'.

Maybe things have changed a lot in the last 10 years so I'm up for being re-educated on the matter, but if you'll forgive me, it'll take slightly more than just your own personal opinion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, puchooay said:

So the poor are in the places I mentioned. Maybe they could save some money by cooking healthy food at home.

Last time I looked, fruit and veg were very good value compared to processed food.

Yes, a typical cheap take-away costs between 5-10 Quid , KFC is about 8 Quid . 

For 10 Quid , I can 1 kilo of frozen peas, a kilo of frozen , well a kilo of any frozen vegetables cost less than 2 Quid each, potatoes are about the same , pasta/spaghetti and sauce costs about a Pound per meal , onions are about 10 p each as are tomatoes and you can buy some meat to grill for a few Quid .

You can quite happily live for a week for the same price as one KFC .

All you need to do is boil some water and put vegetables in the water and grill some chicken and you have a decent healthy meal .

I do get tired of fat people sitting in a KFC and complaining about the cost of living crisis .

(BTW , its my preference to eat healthily , rather than the cost)

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Care to back that up with some peer reviewed or factual evidence?

I used to run a recruitment company in the UK that focused on healthcare (with the NHS as our biggest client) and I can absolutely gaurantee you there was VERY FEW jobs 'that anyone can do with no prior experience or training'.

Maybe things have changed a lot in the last 10 years so I'm up for being re-educated on the matter, but if you'll forgive me, it'll take slightly more than just your own personal opinion.

Not personal opinion. Personal experience.

I've just done a Google search. First 10 agencies all saying " whether you are new to care or have experience, we have a job for you", or words to that effect.

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, a typical cheap take-away costs between 5-10 Quid , KFC is about 8 Quid . 

For 10 Quid , I can 1 kilo of frozen peas, a kilo of frozen , well a kilo of any frozen vegetables cost less than 2 Quid each, potatoes are about the same , pasta/spaghetti and sauce costs about a Pound per meal , onions are about 10 p each as are tomatoes and you can buy some meat to grill for a few Quid .

You can quite happily live for a week for the same price as one KFC .

All you need to do is boil some water and put vegetables in the water and grill some chicken and you have a decent healthy meal .

I do get tired of fat people sitting in a KFC and complaining about the cost of living crisis .

(BTW , its my preference to eat healthily , rather than the cost)

Are you aware of te Big Mac Index?

https://www.economist.com/big-mac-index

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index

Edited by kwilco

6 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Not personal opinion. Personal experience.

I've just done a Google search. First 10 agencies all saying " whether you are new to care or have experience, we have a job for you", or words to that effect.

We all said that. Cast the net and then fish out the ones you need. Old marketing ploy.

Try applying for palliative care or rehabilitation jobs without either previous experience or training. Won't happen. Might talk you into a porter job though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

We all said that. Cast the net and then fish out the ones you need. Old marketing ploy.

Try applying for palliative care or rehabilitation jobs without either previous experience or training. Won't happen. Might talk you into a porter job though.

The idea is that you train for jobs or learn how to do it first .

Yes, you cannot do a job that aren't qualified for , so you either need to train for that job or seek another job . 

Like you can not just go to a hospital and apply for a Doctors job without being qualified , you need to learn the job first 

8 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So you admit to misleading applicants?

Once again, in my own personal experience, healthcare jobs are out there for those without experience. 

I've done it, my wife has done it, my daughter has done it and a very large percentage of my colleagues have done it. 

My first job in health care was in an NHS hospital caring for elderly patients who had had accidents or relapses and were being rehabilitated so the could return home. 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The idea is that you train for jobs or learn how to do it first .

Yes, you cannot do a job that aren't qualified for , so you either need to train for that job or seek another job . 

Like you can not just go to a hospital and apply for a Doctors job without being qualified , you need to learn the job first 

Do you mean to be trying to explaining this to me? 

1 minute ago, puchooay said:

Once again, in my own personal experience, healthcare jobs are out there for those without experience. 

I've done it, my wife has done it, my daughter has done it and a very large percentage of my colleagues have done it. 

My first job in health care was in an NHS hospital caring for elderly patients who had had accidents or relapses and were being rehabilitated so the could return home. 

Enough of the pearl clutching dear. We never misled people because we didn't for one minute say they could just walk into palliative care or rehabilitation jobs or many of the other thousands and thousands of other jobs that the Healthcare and NHS require with at least a very good education and or specific qualifications in that chosen field. Your view is very myopic and only understanding of a certain level of Health employment.

We did however often say ' whether you are new to care or have experience, we have a job for you' because we knew we weren't lying because we could probably find them a job.

And if all else failed, there was always geraitric care. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Enough of the pearl clutching dear. We never misled people because we didn't for one minute say they could just walk into palliative care or rehabilitation jobs or many of the other thousands and thousands of other jobs that the Healthcare and NHS require with at least a very good education and or specific qualifications in that chosen field. Your view is very myopic and only understanding of a certain level of Health employment.

We did however often say ' whether you are new to care or have experience, we have a job for you' because we knew we weren't lying because we could probably find them a job.

And if all else failed, there was always geraitric care. 

Oh dear. How sad.

Never mind. 

It's become a sad situation whereby personal, current experience is not believed because one cannot provide a link. Even if the disbelievers have not had experience for over 10 years.

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Driver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Wow, the most of out of touch post I have ever read on here. Callous, out of touch, horrendous.

The bottom line is that you can eat healthily for a week for the price of either a KFC , a pack of cigarettes or  pint or two in  a pub .

Few people cannot afford either of the above , but there are many people who choose the latter

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The bottom line is that you can eat healthily for a week for the price of either a KFC , a pack of cigarettes or  pint or two in  a pub .

Few people cannot afford either of the above , but there are many people who choose the latter

And that's not even counting the bill you're going to get a few years down the track for eating that trash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

And that's not even counting the bill you're going to get a few years down the track for eating that trash.

There is a KFC pub in London where you can get a KFC and pints of beer 

KFC has opened its first ever pub and its right here in London. Timed perfectly for Qatar World Cup viewing, Hammersmith's The Old Suffolk Punch has been transformed into a British pub complete with big screens, beer, and fried chicken.

KFC Delivery is inviting fans to The Colonel's Arms, the only pub where you can get KFC delivered straight to your pub table. Fittingly, their tagline is 'Chicken's coming home'.

The Colonel's Arms

KFC are opening a fried chicken-fueled pub in Hammersmith | Latest news |  Hot Dinners

https://www.mylondon.news/whats-on/kfc-opens-first-ever-pub-25616261

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Driver.

Are you suggesting I'm a driver?

If so, once again, you are wrong. I started as a healthcare assistant, then support worker for 2 quadriplegics and am now a welfare liason officer. All with no previous experience. I've had induction days, on job training and online training. Started with shadow shifts then as part of a double now as a single carer. Taken the tests, both online and via assessment at work and passed. 

Like I said, if I can do it, so can anyone. Just need to get off your ar$e, stop thinking you are entitled to financial help and benefits, get working and earning. Simple.

Edited by puchooay
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, puchooay said:

Are you suggesting I'm a driver?

If so, once again, you are wrong. I started as a healthcare assistant, then support worker for 2 quadriplegics and am now a welfare liason officer. All with no previous experience. I've had induction days, on job training and online training. Started with shadow shifts then as part of a double now as a single carer. Taken the tests, both online and via assessment at work and passed. 

Like I said, if I can do it, so can anyone. Just need to get off your ar$e, stop thinking you are entitled to help, get working and earning. Simple.

Good for you old chap.

• Thumbs Up 1